Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

kate.m wrote: »
    I've learned more about pregnancy in this thread that I did in school :D

Hope everything goes well javagirl!

Lol sorry for all the tmi!
    Handy to have this thread to vent!
    Right I am sucking it up and just thinkin baby zoe could be here Friday. Which is also her nannys birthday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Me too! yeepers!

having a wine and hunger games night. fricking love that film! just farting about here at home!

looking forward to getting my house cleaned.

have sneakily been looking at flights to.canada.. think i'm going to book them on my birthday on the 1st! super excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

.....I still wanna know what a sweep is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I think the company that I am working for has broken me. If I finish work at 8 pm I think it is a short day :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Tigger99 wrote: »
    I'm a bit drunk.

Do you remember that bonnie Tyler song with the firemen in the video?
    *I need a hero Duh Duh duh he's gotta be good, he's gotta be strong. duh duh duh duh*

is love a big strong ridey fireman. Sigh, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, I've never been single this long before

I love the Jennifer Saunders version of that in Shrek!
    javagal wrote: »
    Urgh, so petrified.. but I guess if I want her here I gotta do it!

It will be fine, don't worry too much about it! Is there a reason you are getting a sweep so soon? You are only a couple of days over right?
    jujibee wrote: »
    Have you tried the curry and the sexytimes? Supposedly they can help :o

ALL the sex.
    Seriously, the hormones in sperm act like the gel that they give for inductions and help to ripen the cervix.
    Loads of walking too if you can, that and swimming were the only things that kept me sane in late pregnancy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hope everything goes well javagal. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

A sweep is
    where the doc/midwife 'sweeps' their fingers across the membrane to help induce labour/break your waters

Think about it. It is what is sounds like it is and it's fairly obvious what it might be when you consider what the purpose of it is. :pac:

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    .....I still wanna know what a sweep is.....

A sweep is
    when they basically try to open the membranes around you cervix a little, to encourage it to start dilating. They do it manually, hand in yore hoo-ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

That's not that bad!

Sounds like very
    internal foreplay :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    That's not that bad!

Sounds like very
    internal foreplay :pac::pac::pac:

Hmm.

Not really. Unless having your legs in stirrups while being in a clinical setting, while someone you're not remotely attracted to pings on a glove, turns you on and relaxes you:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Right I am sucking it up and just thinkin baby zoe could be here Friday. Which is also her nannys birthday!

Aww, lovely name :)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Hmm.

Not really. Unless having your legs in stirrups while being in a clinical setting, while someone you're not remotely attracted to pings on a glove, turns you on and relaxes you:pac:

My OH kept making jokes about my rather attractive Nigerian doctors hands and possible correlation between that and his willy. Thankfully it was while he was out of the room, as it was I still couldn't look the man in the eye again. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Feck all food in the house and I'm too lazy to go shopping because I'm heading away for the weekend on Friday lunchtime. Counted 4 snap pots of beans and 4 bagels. That'll do. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Acoshla wrote: »
    I hate honey, it smells like FEET.

Our senses of smell may have been seperated at birth, honey reeks of feet to me. Won't eat it & any honey cosmetics or soaps make me gag. Down with buzzybees!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Our senses of smell may have been seperated at birth, honey reeks of feet to me. Won't eat it & any honey cosmetics or soaps make me gag. Down with buzzybees!!

Oh thank God I'm not the only one! I get the most overpowering smell of feet when he opens the honey jar, ugh, so gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

dfx- wrote: »
    Think of it as a great chance to break free from the boiling water and plant leaves horribleness :cool:

Maybe some of us like the misery! [/Mrs Doyle]

Java you poor thing, that baby should hurry herself up! Fingers crossed for you (legs crossed for me, after reading a lot of the stuff in this thread!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Sleeeeeeeep time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

that's them, yeah.

I'm iffy about ebay though, 'cos supposedly there's loads of fake nikes on there, and I'd like to get them somewhere reputable

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Urgh, so petrified.. but I guess if I want her here I gotta do it!

Don't worry. I have a thing against sweeps since I went in on my due date and the consultant was having a poke about to see how I was progressing and told me he'd have me in a week later. If a strange man has his latexed fingers up your... never ask "will I get a sweep then?", because he might just take a notion to do it there and then without warning.

Bug eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Zoe is a lovely name, Java. Coincidentally the Top baby names are out today, Jack and Emily if I recall correctly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Zoe is a lovely name, Java. Coincidentally the Top baby names are out today, Jack and Emily if I recall correctly!

Just read that article. Some people have no imagination!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

ok nearly 300 euro for flight but not coming down so i have to throw my money at it or no holiday this year:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Acoshla wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, is anyone having a problem logging into Facebook with a DNS error?

Yep, well I was earlier, it's ok now.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I ****ing hate living on welfare. After rent, credit union bill and protein supplements, I'm living on less than €90 a week. If I want to buy any clothing, I have to plan it in advance. FFS...

To be honest I'd easily live on €90 a week after rent (my only constant weekly outgoing), that would keep me in food, petrol and a good bit to spare if I needed it. Short of something in Penneys for €10 I plan in advance to buy new clothes, thought most people would do that, am I weird? I probably spend less than €90 every week, usually about €30-60 depending on how much food/petrol/misc I need to buy that week.

I'd be the same. In fact living on that much would be a luxury for me. And I'd always plan and budget majorly for any kind of shopping (though I spent waaaay too much on ASOS today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My Dad can move his toes again!!!!!!!
    He had his back OP and is stuck in traction for the next 48hours, but there is some epic toe wiggling going on! He hasn't felt his toes properly since his fall last month. I cried when I heard, it means he's going to walk again!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    There just isn't enough smiley faces!

Also I've finally gotten back to my own house away from sisters mental kids. God it's good to be home.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Had a happy day :)

Worked from home so I got a sleep in :)

Went for a lovely dinner with the OH :)

Found €50 I thought I'd lost in the washing machine.

Saw a rainbow twice :)

Have a day off tomorrow :) Though I'm expecting bad news about a medical problem :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

bubblefett wrote: »
    My Dad can move his toes again!!!!!!!
    He had his back OP and is stuck in traction for the next 48hours, but there is some epic toe wiggling going on! He hasn't felt his toes properly since his fall last month. I cried when I heard, it means he's going to walk again!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    There just isn't enough smiley faces!

Also I've finally gotten back to my own house away from sisters mental kids. God it's good to be home.

Delighted for you, what a fabulous day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jesus Christ, Superstar. I love it.

Fcuk all y'all haters.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Got my tickets for Wicked in London in a couple of weeks' time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, Superstar. I love it.

Fcuk all y'all haters.
    Das Kitty wrote: »

My 2 favourite musicals :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Das Kitty wrote: »

Ooh I love Wicked :D

Saw it about 4 years ago, wouldn't mind going to see it again. You in London the first weekend of the Olympics?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement