Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Drank a bottle of vino while my boy/manfriend went to the cinema... drunk? Me?

NEVAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

One of my boyfriend's stranger friends has just called in for coffee...at midnight...riiiight. I scarpered back to bed because I find him SO difficult to talk to. Funny how things can differ with people, one of my boyfriend's other friends is coming for dinner at the weekend, we're constantly hugging and having a laugh and complimenting each other, I could hang out with him all day, why can't he show up at midnight?? :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ooh I love Wicked :D

Saw it about 4 years ago, wouldn't mind going to see it again. You in London the first weekend of the Olympics?

No, the one before it. We're going over for Batman in iMax...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Got my tickets for Wicked in London in a couple of weeks' time. :D

Your punctuation in that sentence made me do a sex wee...

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

kate.m wrote: »
    I've learned more about pregnancy in this thread that I did in school :D!

See, if the nuns told us about sweeps, episiotomies, tears, 48 hr labours, forceps, accidental pooing during delivery, male doctors looking up your hoo-ha while you are in stirrups, stretch marks, SPD, and all that craic, instead of telling us sex was a sin, I would never have even looked at a boy until my late twenties :pac:

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    See, if the nuns told us about sweeps, episiotomies, tears, 48 hr labours, forceps, accidental pooing during delivery, male doctors looking up your hoo-ha while you are in stirrups, stretch marks, SPD, and all that craic, instead of telling us sex was a sin, I would never have even looked at a boy until my late twenties :pac:

My mother didn't know what a stretchmark was until I was 2 and someone asked her if she had any :p That'd be a no then!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I love the cute little squeaky noises gerbils make. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Does anyone here follow texts from dog on facebook? It's so bloody funny, just sitting here looking at the tumblr page, everything reminds me of my dog :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

This was made for our jack russell.

tumblr_m5hpicnzWP1rt9zy5o1_1280.png

We gave him a bagel one day and it was so big that it was stuck around his lower jaw and all the while he was trying to pick up another bagel but couldn't figure out what was getting in the way of him picking it up off the ground.

I could read these all night, they're hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Pixie I've just looked that up on facebook and liked it, it's brilliant. Laughing so hard at it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Das Kitty wrote: »
    No, the one before it. We're going over for Batman in iMax...

I'm very jealous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Does anyone here follow texts from dog on facebook? It's so bloody funny, just sitting here looking at the tumblr page, everything reminds me of my dog :P

im looking at it right now! its hilarious! "you're not a real wolf dickhead" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I seriously need to watch Reanimator now. I just finished the short story of it and it creeps the bejesus out of me. I swear to Cthulu, if Lazer Discs has closed down, I'll loose all will to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Best of luck with the sweep Javagal. :D While I've obviously never had one, it doesn't seem too awful. :) And it'll all be worth it when Zoe comes to say hi. :D

~~

I'm having a good day today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

McChubbin wrote: »
    I seriously need to watch Reanimator now. I just finished the short story of it and it creeps the bejesus out of me. I swear to Cthulu, if Lazer Discs has closed down, I'll loose all will to live.

My Dad showed it to my brother and I when I was about 8. Scared the crap outta me. Pretty great though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Spent the evening listening to old favourites

(Jane, have you started listening to GB yet?? I remember mentioning it to you)

I haven't actually.. Ok mission for tomorrow: Listen to GB and finish the bag that I feel like I've been knitting for weeks even though it's tiny.. :rolleyes: :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That being said, have completely gone off tea over the last week while I've been sick. Tried again this morning and couldn't drink it. :eek:
    Always happens to me when I'm sick. Give it time- you WILL be normal again! :pac:
    javagal wrote: »
    Still no coffeebean !
    Getting ready for a sweep in the morning.

How does one get ready you ask?

By crying in the corner of the shower for half an hour.
    Aaaw, best of luck in the morning, Java! xxx

That is great news about your father, Bubblefett- ye must be delighted. :D

Lying in bed with my mp3 player on shuffle. Love it! I'm all cozy as well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lola92 wrote: »
    My OH kept making jokes about my rather attractive Nigerian doctors hands and possible correlation between that and his willy. Thankfully it was while he was out of the room, as it was I still couldn't look the man in the eye again. :P
    My fella was actually jealous of my gynaecologist, cos apparently he thought the doc was very good looking (he's ok, not my cup of tea) and we got on very well (in that the gyny was very chatty and put me at ease). I found the jealousy hilarious, tbh.

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Ah, you didn't go to our school so! We were shown a video of a birth. Two girls had to leave the room to be sick.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The London trip is lining up to be brilliant.

Friday - Arrive, go to the Barbican for the Style of Bond Exhibition followed by Martinis. Then Dinner.

Saturday - Go to a place called Steak and Lobster (for that is all they do) for a late lunch. Then to Hamleys, Forbidden Planet and the Cinema Store for a bit of shopping. Then on to Wicked in the evening

Sunday - Tate Modern and the Globe, and check out the Shard. Then dinner and Batman.

Monday - V&A and Science Museum and back to the airport.

:D

Speaking of conception and such, if you can speak french, this is hilarious:

http://player.canalplus.fr/#/693701

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Best of luck today javagal! :) xx

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Posy wrote: »
    Always happens to me when I'm sick. Give it time- you WILL be normal again! :pac:

Usually I can stomach it. This isn't a bad thing though to be honest. Was drinking 6 or 7 cups a day. Waaaay too much. Actually think I'm sleeping better now too after a week of not tea/1 cup a day. Might leave it as a morning treat for being brave enough to get out of bed. :D

Is it just me or is this week about three weeks long? Very nearly came into work in baggy jeans today because I was sure it was Friday.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this week about three weeks long? Very nearly came into work in baggy jeans today because I was sure it was Friday.

This week is flying by for me, well, most of it, every night I've sat around whinging that I'm bored because I'm not wrecked after work like I usually am, half days all week. Can't wait for Saturday, I'm going out for only like the 5th night this year, and will get to go dancing for only the second time this year, last time was our engagement party in January :eek:

I started reading Fifty Shades of Grey (I'm a sucker for hype). Now I haven't got to any steamy bits yet so perhaps they will redeem this thing, but MY GOD it is badly written. And your wan Ana really needs to get something done about her blushing problem.

I started reading Fifty Shades of Grey (I'm a sucker for hype). Now I haven't got to any steamy bits yet so perhaps they will redeem this thing, but MY GOD it is badly written. And your wan Ana really needs to get something done about her blushing problem.

I would actually rather be forced to read every Dan Brown book ever written than be seen dead with that book.

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I would actually rather be forced to read every Dan Brown book ever written than be seen dead with that book.
    My kindle means I can maintain my air of literary goddess...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement