Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Gah i woke up with a massive wedgy!!

As much as i love my pacman night shorts....they hurt in the morning :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I went to bed super early last night because I had an awful headache, ended up having some of the weirdest and most vivid dreams ever! :D

One was me in Paris, I was studying and then I got a text from X to say he was on his way to visit and it was a massive surprise so I was really happy and started planning things for us to do when he arrived. I ended up taking him to the other side of Paris to a poetry bar (I have NO idea) and when we went in we each had to write a poem instead of paying the admission price, and mine ended up being a sonnet for some reason. I didn't get a chance to read his when we were sitting down at a table he leaned in to say something to me so I moved closer to hear and he shouted "I suppose a ride is out of the question?" :eek: So I was like god yeah and we ran out of the bar but we were lost so we had to try to figure out where we were first, then I realised we'd need a condom and I was delighted with myself for knowing the French word for it but we couldn't find a pharmacy anywhere and I was actually dying of frustration :pac: So after a frantic/dramatic sprint through Paris we ended up finding a pharmacy (they kindly donated a few préservatifs to what they could tell was a desperate situation :P) we went to his hotel ;) It was an extraordinarily realistic and vivid dream, I was raging it wasn't real! I really miss the guy :(

Others revolved around results but hopefully when I get those today there won't be anything to have bad dreams about, fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Going shopping today for things for my new house. Not only do I get to look around shops without being harassed, I plan on wearing a short skirt (I have legs again!) and a fitted jacket. Baggy clothes, begone!

Also the thought of buying new baking equipment is simply delicious. Loaf tins and pastry brushes make me quiver at the knees :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Going shopping today for things for my new house. Not only do I get to look around shops without being harassed, I plan on wearing a short skirt (I have legs again!) and a fitted jacket. Baggy clothes, begone!

Also the thought of buying new baking equipment is simply delicious. Loaf tins and pastry brushes make me quiver at the knees :)

im so jealous!! I love going shopping for homeware stuff!!

If there is one near you, try Homestore and more :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I made White Chocolate and Raspberry Cupcakes for work today.

Instagram makes everything look nicer :D
    34ec8yp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Mmm cupcakes. They look really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

My brother is getting something delievered to my house. As he is away I had to take the day off to accept it. They rang me at seven to tell me they would be there in an hour. There is still no sign of them and I am desperate for the loo but I just know as soon as I go there they will arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

accidentally caught my lip piercing this morning... there was blood! :eek: OOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Miaireland wrote: »
    My brother is getting something delievered to my house. As he is away I had to take the day off to accept it. They rang me at seven to tell me they would be there in an hour. There is still no sign of them and I am desperate for the loo but I just know as soon as I go there they will arrive.

turn the shower on, its a surefire way to make delivery men appear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm so fúcking angry! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kiera wrote: »

What's up? :(

Leaders' Questions is hilarious this morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Susie_Q wrote: »

I am so jealous of you getting new cook and baking equipment.

I was looking at cake/bun trays recently and was raging I couldn't afford to buy them.

One day, I do hope to own some La Cruset cookware, having seen them in various stores they are such good quality.

Happy shopping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I was looking at cake/bun trays recently and was raging I couldn't afford to buy them.

One day, I do hope to own some La Cruset cookware, having seen them in various stores they are such good quality.

My fantasy kitchen is stocked up with Le Creuset and has a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer and a proper oven where I can see through the door... one day...

Susie_Q, have a look at www.kitchencookware.ie for some inspiration, they have some lovely kitchen/baking things!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kiera wrote: »

What's up?

The thing I was mad about wasn't worth upsetting myself over I've decided.

What's up? :(

Someone has been misinformed and dragged me into something I have nothing to do with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I own the most basic kitchen equipment, I'd say in total all cake tins, mixers, bun trays, casserole dishes, utensils and baking trays etc are worth about €230, €100 of that being my mixers. While La Creuset are good quality you can get similar ones in Ikea, local homeware stores etc for much less, and often TK Maxx have the real ones for much cheaper.

The only expensive thing in my kitchen is my island, €220 in Ikea, with everything else I've (mostly) bought the cheapest Tesco/Lidl options thinking when they fail at least I tried the cheapest thing first, and still have most of the cheap things, all working fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My legs hurt :-)

Acoshla wrote: »
    I own the most basic kitchen equipment, I'd say in total all cake tins, mixers, bun trays, casserole dishes, utensils and baking trays etc are worth about €230, €100 of that being my mixers. While La Creuset are good quality you can get similar ones in Ikea, local homeware stores etc for much less, and often TK Maxx have the real ones for much cheaper.

The only expensive thing in my kitchen is my island, €220 in Ikea, with everything else I've (mostly) bought the cheapest Tesco/Lidl options thinking when they fail at least I tried the cheapest thing first, and still have most of the cheap things, all working fine.

Yeh I was just gonna say that Ikea cookware is pretty good. I'm planning on buying more the next time I'm in dub.

• Advertisement

My legs hurt :-)

What were you at? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was doing a leg workout ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

The only cooking equipment I need is a microwave and toaster.

I was doing a leg workout ;-)

Suuure.....

awec wrote: »
    Doesn't last as long I've found.

Really? That's a shame. I've had pots from there for as long as its been open. Still in pretty good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Courier just rang to say they will be another few hours. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Ugh...can I get a back rub and some chocolate STAT?!

Miaireland wrote: »
    Courier just rang to say they will be another few hours. :(

I hope you went to the jacks? If you wait any longer you'll explode :eek:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement