Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Whiling away a horrible, dreary, rainy afternoon watching the Chronicles of Narnia. I always get really sad watching these films because it reminds me of when I was 6 and my mum read the books to me (massive change to our "relationship" now).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    I crave food all the time because I'm a glutton (gluttony and sloth, how many more of the deadly sins do I do?!), just means you want some, don't gotta be knocked up to want yummy foods :D

Lust, my favourite one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I seem to be immune from the 50 shades of whatever hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I seem to be immune from the 50 shades of whatever hype.

I read a chapter of a workmates copy on lunch, mother of god its bad, like REALLY bad, I couldnt stop laughing at how appalling the writing is in it. the words "inner goddess" are used every other sentence. and now they're making a movie of this sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Yeah.. I think I'll finish up the Hunger Games trilogy and start one of the books I already have here. I was going to get 50 Shades of Grey but don't think I'll bother. Unless I can get it for free and I'll read some of it just out of pure curiosity.

I managed to find a book online called The Big Book of Knitting, maybe I'll read that instead.. :p

There's plenty of place online where you can read it for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I got less than a chapter into Fifty Shades before I couldn't take the hideously bad writing any more. Some of my friends have persevered and read the whole thing...it seems like she has an orgasm every five pages or so and can even climax on demand when she's told to. Riiiiight. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

MavisDavis wrote: »
    can even climax on demand when she's told to. Riiiiight. :rolleyes:

On command. It's a promintent D/s thing, and it's more like the submissive can't unless the command is given. Dunno how it's done in 50 shades though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

looks like my mum is itching to have a fight with me, and she got me so lividly angry last night, it has me down today, so I think she's getting me close to snapping at her if she continues today. there's nothing I hate more than feeling angry, it makes me all shakey all over and I get sick to my stomach, and my mum is really trying to push my buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Das Kitty wrote: »
    On command. It's a promintent D/s thing, and it's more like the submissive can't unless the command is given

:eek: Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

finally got my new phone!

HTC desire C its actually pretty good! :D

• Advertisement

On command. It's a promintent D/s thing, and it's more like the submissive can't unless the command is given. Dunno how it's done in 50 shades though.

Ha, that wouldn't go down (;);):p) well in this house :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You learn something new every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Acoshla wrote: »
    I crave food all the time because I'm a glutton (gluttony and sloth, how many more of the deadly sins do I do?!), just means you want some, don't gotta be knocked up to want yummy foods :D

I've never understood what was so bad about the seven deadly sins, they sound like a surefire way of having fun to me :pac: I ended up going to lidl to get food for dinner and got a pain au chocolat and a chocolate croissant, nyom. Yummy pastries and a lovely cup of tea, no better way to improve the day :)

WinterSong wrote: »
    Yummy pastries and a lovely cup of tea, no better way to improve the day :)

i can think of some :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What the hell is a D/s??

Nitendo_DS_Lite.jpg

:pac:

Think they mean dominant/submissive relationship.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What the hell is a D/s??

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=D%2Fs

:pac:

That is deadly! How did you do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I prefer pixie's answer Das. And I'm sticking with it :D

So D/s is dominant/submissive and DS is Darling Son, wouldn't want to get them mixed up in a story! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Hate mitigation forms. My personal statement reads like a sob story and I hate that, but its what happened, and its what I have to tell them in order for me to be able to resit my exams for a grade that I actually deserve. Reading back over it I'm just thinking "Feic, I've been through a fair bit in the last three years", but theres also a part of me saying "Yeah and you wouldn't change much of it because its made you who you are".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I had to google honeys STBEH thing about 5 times as I kept forgetting what it meant. :pac:

Read a pregnancy forum/toddler forum a while ago looking up something for my sister. Oh god, why can't they just type things out? or just say my little boy or my son or my hubby :confused:

No, in 50 Shades it seems more like he looks at her and tells her to orgasm and she does. Or he barely touches her and tells her to and she does. Not very believable.. :p

It's so sunny outside! :D

I had to google honeys STBEH thing about 5 times as I kept forgetting what it meant. :pac:

Read a pregnancy forum/toddler forum a while ago looking up something for my sister. Oh god, why can't they just type things out? or just say my little boy or my son or my hubby :confused:

Myself and boyfriend have GREAT fun trying to decipher the abbreviations in TTC forums, sad hobby I know but very entertaining, I recommend it :D HOWEVER must teach boyfriend not to ever mention it to anyone EVER because it makes us sound crazy or makes people think we're trying to have a kid, neither is good.

i always forget and think it means stupid bastard ex husband :pac:
    No, in 50 Shades it seems more like he looks at her and tells her to orgasm and she does. Or he barely touches her and tells her to and she does. Not very believable.. :p

It's so sunny outside! :D
    can happen if you train the command word well enough, i hear

or even outside of commands, some posted about it happenin to them in S&S ages back

bluewolf wrote: »
    can happen if you train the command word well enough, i hear
    no luck managing it myself though :pac:
    or even outside of commands, some posted about it happenin to them in S&S ages back

Pretty sure it doesn't happen for many women the first time they have sex. :P

Pretty sure it doesn't happen for many women the first time they have sex. :P

ha ha ha

no, that's true
    unrealistic it is, so

i seriously need to stop posting and reduce my spam/tLL post count ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

ha ha ha

no, that's true
    unrealistic it is, so

i seriously need to stop posting and reduce my spam/tLL post count ...

Ah but your posts are deadly!

This for example almost made me spit my tea out:
    i can think of some :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Back from my hospital appointment.
    Sweep was uncomfortable as hell but only lasted like 20secs.

Doctor reckons I'll have a baby by weekend yay!!
    Not getting hopes up tho but I am gonna get chinese to celebrate as it's my last few days to be fat without an excuse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

i always forget and think it means stupid bastard ex husband :pac:

They're interchangeable at this stage, I'm not going to lie...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement