Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

It is July and I just turned the heat on because I am freezing. This makes me not happy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

jujibee wrote: »
    It is July and I just turned the heat on because I am freezing. This makes me not happy :(

I love this weather, I'm weird :o

Meter guy just walked around the side of the house past the window, scares the sh*t out of me every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The coolness in the air is a blessed relief, I can't function in too much heat/ humidity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I change my opinion of this all the time. When it's p!ssing rain I want it to be sunny and threaten to leave the country but when it's hot here I want it to be cooler.

Can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dolorous wrote: »
    The coolness in the air is a blessed relief, I can't function in too much heat/ humidity!

this, that SAD thing, I have the reverse of that, feel more content during dull/wet days. There's a place in Alaska where the sun sets for weeks at a time, I'd love that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

krudler wrote: »
    this, that SAD thing, I have the reverse of that, feel more content during dull/wet days. There's a place in Alaska where the sun sets for weeks at a time, I'd love that :pac:

Also in the northern parts of Norway, Sweden and Finland. I'd love to live in one of those places :3

I do love our long Irish summer evenings though

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just helped my dad and my brother throw turf into the shed and I feel like I'll have to shower about 5 times for me to be clean again... :o

Glad everything went ok javagal. Baby Coffeebean will be here soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I love days that are dry, calm and cool. Like those crisp winter mornings that are lovely and still, without that wind that cuts through you.

Rain can GTFO.

Also in the northern parts of Norway, Sweden and Finland. I'd love to live in one of those places :3

I do love our long Irish summer evenings though

I love when its late in the evening and its nice and pleasant, thats fine, haaaate humid days though, sitting in traffic after work when its boiling, uggh. I'm ridiculously warm all the time even in just a tshirt. at most Id wear a light hoody otherwise I just get too warm and annoyed.

I am fine with cold, and damp in the winter but I need my summer warmth. I think that is one of things I really miss living here. A nice, hot, sunny summer... ahhh, bliss. :D

• Advertisement

I missed my 6,000th post, poo.

Our baby kitten will be home from the vets in an hour after being spayed, we are constantly sick of her running around like a nut but the house has been so weirdly quiet last night and today, can't wait for her to come back :o

1_30000.jpg

Acoshla wrote: »
    I missed my 6,000th post, poo.

bs13690-83559-albums-animated-gifs-pic43401-way-go.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

30,000? Jayzis, when did that happen??? :eek:

30,000? Jayzis, when did that happen??? :eek:

i used it up moderating :p

i spam a lot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Some might say it's quality, not quantity that counts. *flees*

JK ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I just downloaded Eileen's book and read the first page. Jaysus, no messing around, straight into the filth. Good good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Ah, you didn't go to our school so! We were shown a video of a birth.
    This happened to me too. It was just AWFUL. I mean, we were only 17 and we saw...everything. To this day, I feel like crying thinking about it. :pac:
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    What I hate most about 50 Shades, I think, is the unhealthy portrayal it gives of a D/s relationship.
    That annoyed me too.
    Just found out I'm upgraded to business class on my Ethihad flight to Jordan on Sunday :):D
    Yay! Are you staying in Jordan for a bit before going to Palestine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just having a look on Women's Health (magazine) website and scrolled down the page and they have a heading "Vagina University" :pac:

Is that where you go to make your vagina smarter?

Apparently so, such topics as "troubleshooting your vagina". Delightful.

• Advertisement

Apparently so, such topics as "troubleshooting your vagina". Delightful.

"have you turned it off and back on again?"

Question 1:
    Does it smell?

Answer:
    Yes

Solution:
    Wash yourself you filthy ho bag.

bluewolf wrote: »
    i used it up moderating :p

i spam a lot :(

you're nearly at 40, 000 thanks though, thats where the numbers matter :pac:

you're nearly at 40, 000 thanks though, thats where the numbers matter :pac:

everything i say matters! yay! :pac:

waiting for mr hotel man to ring back
    i suppose he will call when i'm in class, i'll hop out of class this time instead of cutting it off...

edit: lol, he just called there now.
    "oh the majority of your issues were with the spa, i'll pass your details on them now and they'll be back in the office tomorrow to call you"
    :rolleyes:
    okay dude

Just looking at some swimsuits online (actual swimsuits not bikinis) and for such a small piece of material they're some price!

There's one Speedo one, reduced from €70 to €56 :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Ah, you didn't go to our school so! We were shown a video of a birth.
    This happened to me too. It was just AWFUL. I mean, we were only 17 and we saw...everything. To this day, I feel like crying thinking about it. :pac:
    We were shown a birth video in biology class, they'd put two classes together to watch it and as there weren't enough seats some people had to sit up on the lab benches. I started to panic during the video and had to go and sit outside, I was really embarrassed, but then someone else actually fainted and fell off a lab bench :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

For those of you who fancy Sheldon, you're welcome :)

julian-clary-totally-looks-like-jim-parsons.jpg

tumblr_m71a1rTvpB1qzfanuo1_500.jpg:D:D

Scarinae wrote: »
    We were shown a birth video in biology class, they'd put two classes together to watch it and as there weren't enough seats some people had to sit up on the lab benches. I started to panic during the video and had to go and sit outside, I was really embarrassed, but then someone else actually fainted and fell off a lab bench :D

Yeah, they showed it to us when we were 13 and then the school lunch that day was a really messy lasagna. No one ate lunch that day :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

It wasn't a run-of-the-mill birth video either. Her name was Millie, or something beginning with M. They were in a bath or some kind of water...thing. I say they, because hubbie got in with her. She quickly got completely naked, displaying her ample pregnant bosoms and then there was a nice close shot of the action as the baby got hauled out.

Yes, it's a miracle and everything. But, still. *cries*

• Advertisement

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    It wasn't a run-of-the-mill birth video either. Her name was Millie, or something beginning with M. They were in a bath or some kind of water...thing. I say they, because hubbie got in with her

A water birth in a birthing pool then? It wouldn't be too uncommon for the dad to get in too to support her and stuff, and the warm water helps with the pain, that would scare me a lot less than some poor woman lying uncomfortably on her back on a hospital bed without her fella to hold her tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement