Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Only lost 1lb this week on my diet but my Motivation leader was so nice and gave me a ton of inspiring ideas to get me..erm.. motivated.
    One I quite like is investing in a charm bracelet and buying a new charm for every half a stone lost so that when you reach your target weight, you can look at your spangly bracelet and be proud.
    Another one which I'm thinking of trying is to get a pair of jeans a size smaller than your current size and hang them on the wardrobe doors. Try them on once a week and everytime you feel tempted to cheat on the diet, remind yourself that it's not worth it.

I'm already fantasising about a nice pair of red plaid flares from Eager Beaver. The biggest size they do is a 44 inch waist so that's the size I want to get down to. Currently have a 47 and a half inch waist but since I've joined Motivation I've gone from borderline size 26 jeans to size 22 so it's obviously working. Still got a way to go before I reach my goal of fitting into size 16 jeans but I'm determined.

Okay, off to the shops to stock up on tonic water and take the dog for another jaunt. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Fair play McChubbin, 2 sizes already is brilliant :D

The charm bracelet is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Das your trip to London sounds amazing! Have a deadly time over there. Last time I went to London I saw the Lion King musical. It. was. epic.

Pixiebean, try tkmaxx for swimsuits. You can get the speedo ones for very cheap.

McChubbin well done on the weight loss! I fully recommend the jeans for inspiration idea. I did that before with a dress- hung it up in the kitchen and it kept me from grabbing sneaky nibbles :)

I has been painting all day!! Yeay, productive behavior!
    But all the paintings are of my dog....... Yeay crazy dog lady behavior....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Acoshla wrote: »
    A water birth in a birthing pool then? It wouldn't be too uncommon for the dad to get in too to support her and stuff, and the warm water helps with the pain, that would scare me a lot less than some poor woman lying uncomfortably on her back on a hospital bed without her fella to hold her tbh.
    Logically, now, it all makes sense and was quite a nice birth as they go. They just didn't explain anything to us so it was a bit "why is she getting in the water...why is he getting in the water...what's happening?"
    :pac:

bubblefett wrote: »
    Pixiebean, try tkmaxx for swimsuits. You can get the speedo ones for very cheap.

Tkmaxx in town is crap and I find Tkmaxx too traumatic anyway. I can't stand the chaos in there. Thanks though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Tkmaxx in town is crap and I find Tkmaxx too traumatic anyway. I can't stand the chaos in there. Thanks though

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ladies/swim/adult-swimwear/?o=2

Cheapest ladies swimsuit is 15 euro (with my discount probably 17 without) and free delivery. Will be there in 5 working days.

Sound. Thanks RQ

Ah fair enough, I use the one in Carrigmines. It's quiet enough in the mornings :)

bubblefett wrote: »
    Ah fair enough, I use the one in Carrigmines. It's quiet enough in the mornings :)

I've been in that one and it's actually grand. Love the homewares section :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

McChubbin wrote: »
    Only lost 1lb this week on my diet but my Motivation leader was so nice and gave me a ton of inspiring ideas to get me..erm.. motivated.
    One I quite like is investing in a charm bracelet and buying a new charm for every half a stone lost so that when you reach your target weight, you can look at your spangly bracelet and be proud.
    Another one which I'm thinking of trying is to get a pair of jeans a size smaller than your current size and hang them on the wardrobe doors. Try them on once a week and everytime you feel tempted to cheat on the diet, remind yourself that it's not worth it.

I'm already fantasising about a nice pair of red plaid flares from Eager Beaver. The biggest size they do is a 44 inch waist so that's the size I want to get down to. Currently have a 47 and a half inch waist but since I've joined Motivation I've gone from borderline size 26 jeans to size 22 so it's obviously working. Still got a way to go before I reach my goal of fitting into size 16 jeans but I'm determined.

Okay, off to the shops to stock up on tonic water and take the dog for another jaunt. :)

Another good one is if you get a jar and put a marble for each pound you have to lose in it and then you put another jar beside it and transfer one over for each pound you lose. It's really nice to see in front of you. Well done, though! :)

• Advertisement

Oh so crazy- I found a 1911 census in the national archives filled in by my great grand uncle and another filled in by my great grandfather.

Internet is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got sunburned today! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Another good one is if you get a jar and put a marble for each pound you have to lose in it and then you put another jar beside it and transfer one over for each pound you lose. It's really nice to see in front of you. Well done, though! :)

Oh, I really like this idea. I might take this one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Looks like a good programme:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Got my tickets for Wicked in London in a couple of weeks' time. :D

Omg I'm so jealous. I saw it on broadway and it is amazing!!! I sat there like a child with my mouth open the whole time, it's so unbelievably brilliant!

Ooh Acoshla, that looks pretty good. How did you find that?

I'm thinking about taking up 3 evening classes starting in October. They're on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. The two on Monday and Tuesday finish in December but the one on Wednesday runs until March, it's a Fetac level 5.

What I am wondering is am I obliged to tell my employer? Basically in my job you're expected to work late whenever, you don't get asked and you don't get notice. We do get the time back but only when it suits them. At one stage I had built up 3 days off I had worked late so much. So obviously if I take up these evenings classes I won't be able to stay late on those three evenings. Am I obliged to tell my employer in advance of signing up and paying for these classes?

There is a paragraph in my contract that says "occasionally (bull****) you may be asked (bull****) to work late. You will be compensated appropriately", that's basically the gist of it, but nothing in relation to taking up study outside of work etc.

Got sent a link to the clip from boyfriend pixiebean, can't wait to see the whole series.

It looks good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Really need full time work... freaking out if this interview doesn't go well. Mainly because I need to leave my current job.. Bleh

Argh!! Feel like I'm going to explode, my mam is driving me mad :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Susie_Q closed her account, booo, I liked her.

krudler wrote: »

WHAT?!! WHAT THE EFF IS GOING ON??!!

Oh what is going on with people :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Christ on a bike! :eek::confused::(

We must smell.

Wasn't she sick? After returning from her travels? Hope she's alright.

We must smell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    We must smell.

you smell.

of cake.

wait, DO you smell of cake? cos if you do you should bottle that aroma and sell it.

you smell.

of cake.

wait, DO you smell of cake? cos if you do you should bottle that aroma and sell it.

I probably do a bit :o How would I bottle it though? I mainly smell of icing sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

How do people not understand that if I've spent an hour and a half scrubbing the floor clean (with dettol that smells like lavender) and you decide to walk all over it in your fcuking wet muddy shoes, I WILL WANT TO STAB YOU WITH A FORK.

FFS. I give up.

Pass me a kitten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Oooh, I like that idea. Only thing is, I've lost all my marbles. XD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement