Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Oh my God, I hope Suzie is alright.

Everyone leaving is making me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Pixiebean22, you could say it to your employer but it kinda sounds like they wouldn't care and get you to work late anyway, but sure why dont you say it ti them anyway, ut cant hurt. I'm in a similar job and sometimes have little choice about it. It sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

krudler wrote: »
    Susie_Q closed her account, booo, I liked her.

What??! :eek: I liked her too. What's going on.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

This is so sad :( Every day I log on someone else has closed their account! Hope Susie's ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My folks are thinking of planning a cruise for next year. If so, I'd love a nice modestly cut swimsuit like this. As well as my diet is going, I really don't feel brave enough for a bikini. Not yet, anyway. :/ Anyone know where I could buy something like this? :confused:
    ew_black_retro_swimsuit3_med.jpg?1269018476
    In other news, revisiting my ROCK playlist on Youtube. So much KoRn...

• Advertisement

I'd actually love some sweet & sour chicken with boiled rice right now.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I miss being up to date on this thread. I am pages and pages behind. :( Stupid over-time, ruining my internet life!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Where'd susie_q go? Jayzis, this closed account business is feicin contagious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

My friend just finished nursing school and immediately got a job. :D

He's off to the UK to work in ICU. I'm so happy for him. :)

One of the girls who was in my vet nursing course and did the course I'm doing in September got a job today in a vets in Dublin. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    One of the girls who was in my vet nursing course and did the course I'm doing in September got a job today in a vets in Dublin. :)
    That's great. :)
    Are vet nurses in demand generally or is it another profession that people are fleeing the country to get jobs in?

EDIT: Cannot believe there are more closed accounts. What the hell??! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Really hope SusieQ comes back :(

I'm bone tired, for no actual reason, and really cold. My sister is laughing at me because I want to take a hot water bottle to bed. :P

WinterSong wrote: »
    Really hope SusieQ comes back :(

I'm bone tired, for no actual reason, and really cold. My sister is laughing at me because I want to take a hot water bottle to bed. :P
    Nothing wrong with that. It's a cold, wet, horrible night!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I got sunburned today! :(

I got sunburned on my face Tuesday, and again Wednesday - hurts like hell at the moment, my face is still as red as a tomato :(:( Eyes kinda hurt to blink on one side :(

Feeling really kinda annoyed at some people tonight - biting my head off every time I speak :( And if I were to ever hint at it, they'd let me know about it grrrrrr

Kitten slept in my arms today :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Grrrr

Had an appointment to deal with a health issue I've put up with for seven years today.

Got there and discovered I'd an appointment with the wrong surgeon, and they'd taken down my number wrong, and spent ten minutes telling me how uncontactable I was?

Eh what? You took down my number wrong, how one sounds like seven is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the positive side, I can get treatment (it's a consequence of a fracture) and I can afford the treatment too :)

Just have to wait a couple more months now to start on that track :(

Posy wrote: »
    That's great. :)
    Are vet nurses in demand generally or is it another profession that people are fleeing the country to get jobs in?

EDIT: Cannot believe there are more closed accounts. What the hell??! :(

They're in demand-ish.. Jobs seem to be going a lot in Dublin and other cities. One or two of my classmates have emigrated for work though. Also, some jobs specify experience in equine I have very little, I only have a few months experience in small animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I wanna watch a DVD but I lost the remote. *headdesk* Bleh! I wanna watch The Big Lebowskiiii....

Forgot to tell you guys about my ingenious dinner plan for college. Well maybe it's not that ingenious but it'll be cheap.. 2 slices of bread, toast one side under the grill. Put tomato sauce on the untoasted side along with some ham/chicken, scallion/onion and some grated cheese. Grill until cheese melts. So yummy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I have had a bad day, so bad that I came home and cried with frustration; it has been a while since thats happened...

Could really do with a big hug, but feeling a bit better after lots of food, Mock the Week and a few minute skype chat from a friend who made me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My OH is gone away for a week. :(

On the plus side though I get to spread out my little legs in the bed :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

There is nothing more frustrating than watching your bus drive away 5 minutes early and knowing that the next one isn't for an hour and you still have the hour and a half trip too. F.M.L.

And then when you do get on that bus (which I just have) the driver has no clue where to drop you meaning that you will prob have a long walk too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

1000 posts (hurray!) and I am now 23! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

tomissex wrote: »
    Congratulations on the posts! Wishing you a very happy birthday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Happy birthday!x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I have been hanging out in the cooking forum the past while..

So far I've made:

Pulled Pork;
    Malaysian Curry;
    Beef in Red Wine and Rosemary with Homemade Yorkshire.

And tomorrow I'm trying out some Pecan Pie.

I need to stop cooking/baking!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday, Tomissex! :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

yes happy birthday! and hello too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

In the early stages of labour,sleeping well through pains.
    Awake to my oh sleep walking shouting "push,push!"
    Now I can't get back to sleep, Damn him!

• Advertisement

Oooh, good luck to you and little Bean, Java!!! The sweep seems to have done it's job!

Hope everything goes brilliantly for you and Baby Coffeebean decides to arrive soon. xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement