Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

javagal wrote: »
    In the early stages of labour,sleeping well through pains.
    Awake to my oh sleep walking shouting "push,push!"
    Now I can't get back to sleep, Damn him!

Oooh! Hope it all goes well. Say hello to Baby Zoe for us when she arrives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Good luck Javagal!! The sleepwalking sounds kinda funny :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

She's going to be a Friday the 13th baby! :) (Hopefully).

Best of luck, Java. So exciting it's finally happening.

Welcome EZ and Happy Birthday Tomissex!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

12 hours from now I'm gonna be on my flight to London for the Diamond League athletics. Cannot fcuking wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Good luck Javagal!! The sleepwalking sounds kinda funny :P

Thanks everyone!

The sleepwalking is funny but annoying too!
    Every night before something important is about to happen, he sleep walks,
    Tells me there's mice in the bed,or a black hooded figure in the corner,
    Or my personal favorite, taking my pillows and blankets for the alien that lives in our en suite !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Best of luck Java, hope it isn't too long for ya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

tomissex wrote: »
    1000 posts (hurray!) and I am now 23! :D

Happy birthday! :)

Awh good luck javagal! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Best of luck Javagal! :D

Hopefully she'll be out here in the real world by morning.

Btw, if they've made a mistake reading the ultrasound and she's actually a boy; it's totally fine to name them after me. :cool:

Had my music on shuffle and this came on.. Want to dance! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I have been hanging out in the cooking forum the past while..

So far I've made:

Pulled Pork;
    Malaysian Curry;
    Beef in Red Wine and Rosemary with Homemade Yorkshire.

And tomorrow I'm trying out some Pecan Pie.

I need to stop cooking/baking!

How'd the pulled pork work out for you? Keep meaning to try that recipe as I love pulled pork, use to eat it all the time in America.

Best of luck Java x. Don't think I could cope with someone telling me there's aliens in the en suite in the middle of the night, my half asleep brain regularly freaks itself out so something like that would send me over the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Come on baby bean!! Best of luck, java!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Haha that is so cute!! :D

Best of luck with it! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

So exciting java, good luck!!!!!!!

Happy birthday tomissex :)

Right I must get out of bed, must get out of bed, must get out of bed...

Didn't work :-(

My OH is gone away for a week. :(

On the plus side though I get to spread out my little legs in the bed :D

I thought you'd be doing less of that with him gone

*cough*

can't resist sorry :pac:

yay! baby coffeebean! born on fri 13th maybe :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Filth blue...FILTH !!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good luck javagal! Friday the 13th has always been a good luck day for me, hope it is for you and Zoe too.

I got my waxing done yesterday and it wasn't my usual girl. This one had no patience to let the Lycon set fully before pulling it. As a result I'm a bit more battered than usual. Still, lovely and smooth, oh yes.

I saw some photos of Matt Smith as Comic Con this morning. He's wearing what looks like the wardrobe of the mom from an 80's American Sitcom. He looks like Sam Beckett did when he leaped into a house wife in Quantum Leap.

edit -- I mean, look

cant see the pic, is it like this?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-EVgHQAg_NHo/T_9z2LyggHI/AAAAAAAAGgs/HKL0-kLiZjM/mka1.jpg

one day i may consider waxing again.
    don't like the chicken pox look though

i'm definitely buying eileen's book lol, the first couple pages look great :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »

Nope, here I shall attach it for your viewing pleasure.

ha ha that's mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ok so I persevered with 50 Shades til I got to the contract (tell me what to wear, where/when to go to the beauty parlour, what to eat? Jog on!) and to the first sex scene (So a virgin who has hardly ever kissed anyone, or ever masturbated is brought to orgasm by nipple manipulation alone, right). And the only expression of surprise this Ana can produce is either Holy Cow, holy hell, holy crap, holy ****, holy **** and oh my. Ugh. Couldn't continue, so now I am reading about proper vampires in I am Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Happy birthday tomissex.

Good luck javagal.

For anyone in the area on this Friday the 13th Loftus Hall is opening up to the public for the first time in years. I think it may just be the grounds as they are in the process of cleaning up the house which is set to open for tours from October (possibly around Halloween) onwards :D

Best of luck javagal! :D xx

Not sure what I'm doing for the weekend or where I'm going to be because bf doesn't know if he's going to be home. If he doesn't tell me soon I'll just make my own plans.

Oh yeah best of luck Javagal. Glad it finally started! :)

Happy birthday tomissex

Couldn't continue, so now I am reading about proper vampires in I am Legend.

Zombie-Vamps. Oh god, I love that novella soooo much. It's so desparately sad at times. Richard Matheson is a sci-fi genius IMO. None of the screen adaptations come anywhere close to the book.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Zombie-Vamps. Oh god, I love that novella soooo much. It's so desparately sad at times. Richard Matheson is a sci-fi genius IMO. None of the screen adaptations come anywhere close to the book.
    I didn't really like the Will Smith so I was a bit skeptical of the book but when I saw he wrote Duel (love love love that film, so atmospheric) I had to read I am Legend! So far, I prefer it to the film in that Neville is more of an "ordinary" man, a sort of every man, whereas the Will Smith character wasn't realistic (how many people have a fully equiped biotech lab in their house and what is the chance that they would be immune to the plague).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Happy birthday tomissex!

Good luck Java!!!!

Das- he looks awful! It shouls be in this contract to always look like the doctor. Always.

Ivy- it's a class book but as das said the films let it down. I loved reading it :)

I am off to FAS to ask them pretty please to help me pay for an art course. It's something I've always wanted to study but has never been offered at an under grad level in ireland. Only found out about it last night and it's distance learning which means I gets to study in my jimjams. Fingers crossed :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Still have this bloody stomach bug and had to pull up sick again. Not. Funny. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Great book, but did the whole
    massively sexually frustrated because all the women were dead thing not get REALLY annoying for anyone else? Have a ****, ffs!

I didn't really like the Will Smith so I was a bit skeptical of the book but when I saw he wrote Duel (love love love that film, so atmospheric) I had to read I am Legend! So far, I prefer it to the film in that Neville is more of an "ordinary" man, a sort of every man, whereas the Will Smith character wasn't realistic (how many people have a fully equiped biotech lab in their house and what is the chance that they would be immune to the plague).

Like, even the Omega Man was daft. Charlton Heston was such a bloody ham if you ask me. (Waits for krudler to cite instances of when he was not a ham)

If your heart doesn't break for Neville reading that, then you don't have one. I'm pretty sure you have one though.

@Honey -- I suppose that's a product of the era it was written in. And it's part of his character too, (Sorry for the spoilers Ivy)
    Even though the world has become hell and godless, he hangs onto that part of himself to remind himself that he's still human and that everything he knew to be good (again product of the era) wasn't lost as long as he had breath in his body.
    That was my take anyhow.

Oh and we watched Paths of Glory last night. What a brilliant film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

They really don't, the movie is good up to a point then it falls apart, its also like the makers didnt quite get the point the book was trying to make.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement