Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Good Luck Javagirl!! x

Happy Birthday tomisex :D xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

krudler wrote: »
    I'd rather know, you can plan better, its only going to be one of two options like.

I think she was told it was a girl.

(Which makes me giggle a lot because that means he's got a tiny willy! - he he he)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

One of my online friends acquaintances has just found out that she's pregnant. She's wanted to be a mother her entire life, so she's deliriously happy.

I'm worried that she'll have a boy. She wants a girl. She has always wanted a girl. Whenever she talks about her future child, it's a girl, with a name long-chosen and everything. She has created this whole fantasy world in which she's the mother of an angelic little girl. And I'm concerned that if she has a boy she'll end up resenting him.

It's also going to be a high-risk pregnancy. The whole thing is fraught with tension for everyone looking on. Hopefully everything will go well.

I don't think this kind of stuff is in those pregnancy books!

I was terrified of having a boy, personally. All the men in my family have addiction and mental disorders. I found out the gender at a scan and was able to get over my fears once I talked about it to someone. I still didn't want to see him when he was born, I was in total shock though, nothing to do with his gender.

Your acquaintance will be grand, it's a much longed for pregnancy. However it goes she will love the child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

If I was having a kid I'd have to find out the sex so I'd have time to process it being a boy if it was, babies to me are girls, family full of girls, I'm too used to them, boys are not my cup of tea at all (men however :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

what did they say?

First she went on and on about how I'll never get a job in art and should consider something more business based or return to working in sales (never). Then she started talking about another course down in Limerick and I said I'd consider it but I don't think moving is an option due to family ties (amoung other things) and she started on about how family shouldn't hold me back. F you, my father is in hospital. (I know she doesn't know that etc but I'm a little sensitive and over protective of family right now).
    Finally I was told that it's most likely they won't fund the course as it's not registered with them. I called the training centre offering the course to ask them about it and they were totally useless.

I was in a couple of times to them before I went back to college. Always found it completely pointless, unfortunately.
    I've doen a few courses with them and they're nothing to write home about. I only went in today because I have to go through them for funding.

• Advertisement

I think she was told it was a girl.

(Which makes me giggle a lot because that means he's got a tiny willy! - he he he)

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Joking :)

Holy shit, Jedward on This Morning, they are HOT, yes, I said it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry that your meeting didn't go well, Bubblefett. Useless feckers! 'Don't let your family hold your back?' Whaaaat? Cheeky!

Aaaw, sad doggy stories on this thread are sad. :(
    When my grandad died, his dog used to wander around looking for him. He'd wait on the step of the village pub, keening. He eventually stopped eating and had died of a broken heart within a few months. The loyalty and love of a dog is an amazing and heartbreaking thing at times. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Really well.. I made it the first time for my boyfriends birthday party, I thought they weren't going to like it but it was gone within a half hour!! :-D

It's a special occasion recipe coz it takes so long to make.. Finding some of the ingredients was a special kind of adventure, tho. If u need any advice for molasses hunting, give me a pm!!

Really? I got everything in my sh*tty little Tesco in Tullow. You can condense it into two days if you get the pork cooking early enough on day 2. The first time I made it, I didn't like the sauce from the recipe. Second time round, I made my own sauce from the liquid the pork had cooked in and it was AMAZING.

Have such a craving for it now :mad:

• Advertisement

Oh yeah meant to join the pulled pork chat. My boyfriend makes it every couple of Sundays, SO good! We got all the ingredients in Tesco too. He makes an amazing Memphis style bbq sauce it, omg it's amazing, we're having it this Sunday, can't wait :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Next time you bitch about a cyclist not using a cycle lane, remember this :mad:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7249/7561385416_5525619f0a_b.jpg

with tube replaced and pumped up

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7120/7561389616_5e38446edf_b.jpg

Can NOT afford a new tyre :(

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh yeah meant to join the pulled pork chat. My boyfriend makes it every couple of Sundays, SO good! We got all the ingredients in Tesco too. He makes an amazing Memphis style bbq sauce it, omg it's amazing, we're having it this Sunday, can't wait :)

What time should we arrive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Don't have a clue what happens, but I could never watch Marley & Me, and actually if there's any other films in which sad things happen animals, let me know, so I can avoid them. Though, I think the boyfriend would be blubbing before I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Please, please, Cork city, have a sunny day soon. Just the one. Maybe even two in a row. This heat, yeah its grand, but the rain is getting me down.

Contemplating a move to Canada for a year.

I'm joining Honey-ec in Acoshla's for dinner :P

lord i would just love to curl up in a corner somewhere and pass out

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    lord i would just love to curl up in a corner somewhere and pass out

I was just thinking the exact same thing. I'm about ready to pass out here. Fecking wrecked. (half hour to go...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Please, please, Cork city, have a sunny day soon. Just the one. Maybe even two in a row. This heat, yeah its grand, but the rain is getting me down.

Amen to that. I'm going on holidays in a month and I'm fairly sure I won't actually see the sun again till then.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I was just thinking the exact same thing. I'm about ready to pass out here. Fecking wrecked. (half hour to go...)

hour and a half here

i am supposed to go to this quiz tonight, i hope i somehow magically wake up and cheer up for that because i just want to hide from the world right now

Contemplating a move to Canada for a year.

I'm joining Honey-ec in Acoshla's for dinner :P

Yes come to my house and I can tell you all about how great Canada is for a year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ahhhh my last lunch break in work for a while - don't really get them so it's been nice the last 3 weeks having an hour off.

Going to see my godcousin later (my mams godson, he's too flippin cute! Must keep broody thoughts under my hat!)

Babysitting my niece tonight as my sister is in New York. Not looking forward to the minding the child bit, but I am looking forward to the free gaff once she goes to bed and the fact that I get to sleep in my sister's GIANT bed.

Must get a bottle of wine on the way home from work, actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I'm in bits here, and painkillers aren't making so much as a dent in the pain :( Fúcking endometriosis! :mad: :(

One of my besties from my PLC course after 6th year is 29 today, can't believe it, how has it been 10 years??

Acoshla wrote: »
    One of my besties from my PLC course after 6th year is 29 today, can't believe it, how has it been 10 years??

11 years in sept since i started uni
    scary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Christ ladies, don't bring up jurassic bark again. The last time it came up i watched it and spent a half hour in floods of tears hugging the puppy while he tried to struggle free. Can't be dealing with sad doggies, too heartbreaking!
    In other news, have booked to get my car cleaned tomorrow but it's so disgusting I'm contemplating doing a pre clean now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I was terrified of having a boy, personally. All the men in my family have addiction and mental disorders. I found out the gender at a scan and was able to get over my fears once I talked about it to someone. I still didn't want to see him when he was born, I was in total shock though, nothing to do with his gender.

Your acquaintance will be grand, it's a much longed for pregnancy. However it goes she will love the child.

I hope you're right. But she can't even bring herself to consider boy's names, as she "doesn't want to torture herself if she can avoid it". She's not afraid of boys, it's that she has a future in her head that only includes a daughter. She's loaded all her hopes and dreams and *everything* on having a daughter. To the extent that, if she has a boy, it would be like losing a girl.

There's a whole world of backstory, but I just hope that it's a girl... for the kid's sake!

In other news - have been traipsing around town all day, absolutely knickered!

so the spa hotel place i was complaining about, the spa manager lady was lovely and has offered us a voucher for the 3 hour thing we shouldve got, and a mud chamber thingy as well
    my impressions are definitely improving, all very professional and nice
    i said i'd talk it over with my friend and come back to them tomorrow
    she said she is talking to the hotel guy again about doing something for us from his end as we were unhappy with our dinner & service also

that will be something to look forward to - i'll have to post a positive review then if all goes well

she rang just when i was dozing off for my nap so i'll be going out shortly sleepless!! oh well :p load up the pepsi max...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

bluewolf wrote: »
    11 years in sept since i started uni
    scary

What? But you're only a baby :eek: What age were you starting uni? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I really appreciate the way my so-called friends and work colleagues have stayed in touch and visited me during the three months I've been out of work since my accident :rolleyes: Guess I know what is what now :cool:

Wish the rain would go away. I hate not being able to dry my clothes on the line, they always smell nicer when they've been dried in fresh air :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement