Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Links234 wrote: »
    feeling really sick since yesterday, and had an anxiety attack to boot. :( so feeling like absolute ****

I hate anxiety attacks! :(

At the start of this year i used to suffer really badly from them!
    My housemate had to calm me down but i had some tea and took a long shower!
    Other times all i wanted was a cuddle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Acoshla wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your dad, same thing happened my mum, 30 years with one company and she got rightly screwed over, has found it impossible to find a permanent job in the 2.5 years since. There's just nothing you can say to someone after something like that, no "Well on the positive side" etc. Hope he finds something else soon x

Thank you. Well we sort of do have a positive side, in that he is quite well-respected in both a professional and a social capacity - we really hope he can find a new job soon. It will probably mean having to start moving around again though. And I need to find a new job...stay with them? Will I feck :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that your mam couldn't find anything permanent. I think you mentioned your mam was in the same industry as my dad (don't want to say it publicly), it's a crap one to be in right now.

Decided to delete my previous post, just in case. Ireland is a smaaaall place!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Minding my delicious baby niece. Her new favourite thing to do is to put on scarlet red lipstick and plant kisses all over my face.

I look like I've a bad dose of the pox. :D

Honestly, she is just the most delicious fragrant bundle of happiness. She makes my heart sing.

/blissed out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Sorry to hear about your dad EmilyO. My bf was one of the Waterford Crystal redundancies that got royally screwed and unfortunately he has been unemployed, in college, self-employed and unemployed, soon to be in college again, since then. I really think Waterford Crystal screwed up this end of the country in a massive way.

Hopefully your dad will find something else soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

tomissex wrote: »
    1000 posts (hurray!) and I am now 23! :D
    Happy Birthday!
    javagal wrote: »
    Happy Friday the 13th Y'all!!
    I am still here..
    But...

Things are getting more and more disgusting so I am taking this as a good sign!!
    Good luck Javagal! I hope it all goes well for you :)

Links I'm sorry you're not feeling the best, that anxiety attack really must have taken it out of you, hugs x

In other news I just ate an easter egg. Okay, it was a small one but still! My Mam brought them home from work during the week, 50c each :D I'm getting up early to go to the NEXT sale at 5am. Am I crazy? quite possibly. If I don't report back by 9am please, somebody, call an ambulance, I may possibly have been trampled on by some yummy mummies in search of bargains!

• Advertisement

Is there ever anything good in the Next sale? I see it advertised at crazy times and I think it must be amazing but whenever I've gone to the Christmas one I always come out empty handed. I don't really shop in Next normally though.

Lola92 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday!

Good luck Javagal! I hope it all goes well for you :)

Links I'm sorry you're not feeling the best, that anxiety attack really must have taken it out of you, hugs x

In other news I just ate an easter egg. Okay, it was a small one but still! My Mam brought them home from work during the week, 50c each :DI'm getting up early to go to the NEXT sale at 5am. Am I crazy? quite possibly. If I don't report back by 9am please, somebody, call an ambulance, I may possibly have been trampled on by some yummy mummies in search of bargains!

im working in Next for the sale in the morning :( im not looking forward to it!

I may attack annoying customers if they cross my path

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Sorry to hear about your dad EmilyO. My bf was one of the Waterford Crystal redundancies that got royally screwed and unfortunately he has been unemployed, in college, self-employed and unemployed, soon to be in college again, since then. I really think Waterford Crystal screwed up this end of the country in a massive way.

Hopefully your dad will find something else soon

Thank you. I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend, it must be really hard to have to go through so much uncertainty. I seriously hope that things in this country pick up someday. Until I can leave, it's getting hard to keep putting up with so much disappointment.

Ah sure look, he's had more luck than most, at least he was able to go back to college, unfortunately that's not an option for a lot of people, especially older people that have worked in a particular field their whole lives, some of them just wouldn't be able for going back to college to study.

Fortunately I've a fairly rock solid job so we'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

javagal wrote: »
    Things are getting more and more disgusting so I am taking this as a good sign!!

I don't actually want to know really but I thought it only got "disgusting" at the final bit?

Anyone with dogs...is it ok to feed them mostly cooked slightly out of date sausages? Please say yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

bubblefett wrote: »
    He was bad today unfortunately :( He was hallucinating and lost the strength in his hands. He looked terrible, not like himself at all. But he's getting his meds changed and a blood transfusion tonight so hopefully that'll fix him up. It was just a bit of a shock today- keep having to reminding myself that all this crap will be worth it when he's up and walking again :)

I haz an iceburger. Iceburger cures all upsets.

Really sorry to hear that, I hope things start to improve and get easier for him sooner rather than later. :( PM is always open if you need a chat, it's not the same thing but around this time last year my dad had a couple of heart attacks and it was a really terrifying time, even when he was out of the woods and we knew he was going to be getting better. So do feel free to vent if you need to, it really can be cathartic :) *hugs*

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I don't actually want to know really but I thought it only got "disgusting" at the final bit?

Anyone with dogs...is it ok to feed them mostly cooked slightly out of date sausages? Please say yes.

How far out of date are they? And if they are already mostly cooked I would just cook them through.

Is there ever anything good in the Next sale? I see it advertised at crazy times and I think it must be amazing but whenever I've gone to the Christmas one I always come out empty handed. I don't really shop in Next normally though.
    It is great for kids stuff. Their clothes are really good quality and hard wearing which you really need for toddlers! I wouldn't regularly shop there as it is quite expensive for kids day to day wear, but there are great deals in the sales.
    im working in Next for the sale in the morning :( im not looking forward to it!

I may attack annoying customers if they cross my path
    What branch are you working in PF? Save me all the good stuff please, size 2-3 please and thank you :)

It is great for kids stuff. Their clothes are really good quality and hard wearing which you really need for toddlers! I wouldn't regularly shop there as it is quite expensive for kids day to day wear, but their are great deals in the sales.

Ah okay, no kids here so probably not worth my while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

How far out of date are they? And if they are already mostly cooked I would just cook them through.

Out of date yesterday but have been opened since the weekend, they smelt fine that's kinda why I was giving them to the dogs. They were mostly cooked I think,not browned yet but the bloody dog got them before I could put them back in. The owners are back tomorrow and I'm just desperate to hand all the animals back alive at this point :eek:

Ah that's grand, they'll be fine!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Watching 21 Jump Street.

It's frigging hilarious!

It is great for kids stuff. Their clothes are really good quality and hard wearing which you really need for toddlers! I wouldn't regularly shop there as it is quite expensive for kids day to day wear, but their are great deals in the sales.

What branch are you working in PF? Save me all the good stuff please, size 2-3 please and thank you :)

The Kids wear is fantastic! Ill keep an eye out for ya :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Watching 21 Jump Street.

It's frigging hilarious!
    Saw it. Loved it. So unexpectedly funny.

I also like their womens wear for some casual stuff, work blouses and bags. Nice shoes sometimes too.

Thanks! :) Are the queues really as bad as they say? I live maybe 10 mins from a smaller next, and was planning on leaving here around 4.30ish, What do you reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Heading back to London again tomorrow :D Face is less red as well - haven't started packing yet. Leaving here around 11.30 am, two Munster finals and then off to the airport

Went shopping for a new tracksuit pants, ended up buying two, got a Nike one for €13, down from €38 and a Canterbury one for €25, down from €50

I'm gonna miss the kitten next week when I'm away - home Thursday morning at some ungodly hour!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Watching 21 Jump Street.

It's frigging hilarious!

Its brilliant!! Watched it on the train from Tralee to Cork, got weird looks as I tried to stop myself from laughing out loud!

Thanks! :) Are the queues really as bad as they say? I live maybe 10 mins from a smaller next, and was planning on leaving here around 4.30ish, What do you reckon?

This is my first time working the sales but i have heard the queues are mental! I'd say 4.30 is grand! Some of the girls i work with were telling me that some people start queuing for our one at around 12am!! :eek:
    But i cant say it might be different for your one though!
    Watching 21 Jump Street.

It's frigging hilarious!

watched it the other night! absolutely hilarious! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

bluewolf wrote: »
    15 :pac:
    took a year out before the LC

ye what? :eek: So you did LC at 14? Or you did a year of uni then went back to do LC? :eek:

You're like one of the children on TV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

8 out of 10 cats is so feckin' funny!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

bubblefett wrote: »
    He was bad today unfortunately :( He was hallucinating and lost the strength in his hands. He looked terrible, not like himself at all. But he's getting his meds changed and a blood transfusion tonight so hopefully that'll fix him up. It was just a bit of a shock today- keep having to reminding myself that all this crap will be worth it when he's up and walking again :)

I haz an iceburger. Iceburger cures all upsets.

Don't forget to remind yourself, and cherish every single good moment you have with him :)

I'm embarking on a project to fix up the house I own with my ex that he lives in, so I can either sell it in a year or two (it's worth more than the mortgage) or move into it myself.

It's fun! I've done all the financials, worked it into my monthly budget, and am looking forward to little progress.

And I'd good news about my stupid injury that fecks me up all the time.

And I talked to the OH about something he does that gets on my wick and we sorted it out

Then today I had to work from home as I was too crippled to get on the bus, my boss was great about it, and I got tea in bed :D

This has been a lovely week :) Just a really settled happy week :)

Roll on next week and all of your ****e.

Tomorrow my OH and I are off out to price exactly how much doing up my house will cost, tiles and floors sellers, here we come, be prepared to haggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just found out another girl I went to school with is pregnant. They must have put something in the water in that school because that makes about three-quarters of the girls in my class with kids :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just found out another girl I went to school with is pregnant. They must have put something in the water in that school because that makes about three-quarters of the girls in my class with kids :pac:

Girl I went to school with had her 3rd kid a few days ago, still doesn't beat the girl who has 5 kids, another has 4. We're all 27 years old and some of them have kids making Communions :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I also like their womens wear for some casual stuff, work blouses and bags. Nice shoes sometimes too.

I went to the one in liffey valley last year,found it brilliant.
    got there at about 3.30 and there was probably a hundred people in front of us !

would be going this year if I hadn't of went over due.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Acoshla wrote: »
    Girl I went to school with had her 3rd kid a few days ago, still doesn't beat the girl who has 5 kids, another has 4. We're all 27 years old and some of them have kids making Communions :eek:

One of my friends just turned 25 and had her third a couple of weeks ago, she also has a stepdaughter :) She's such an awesome mother, I'm in awe of how well she holds everything together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement