Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Sorting out a hot water bottle now and heading to bed, fingers crossed I feel less awful in the morning. :) Goodnight everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Roesy wrote: »
    Indeed it is :-) getting married tomorrow, can't believe I'm up browsing boards and watching the cookie monster parody 'share it maybe' and kitten videos on YouTube instead of sleeping.
    Hope your baby arrives soon javagal.

Good Luck tomorrow Rosey! I'll be thinking of you :)

AN
    Wintersong (I keep doing that :o) I hope you're feeling better in the morning after some rest.

I've decided that there's not much point in going to sleep, my alarm probably won't wake me if I do! So midnight shower and doing hair and nails is on the cards for the first time in oh, about 3 years?

Bluey, I always knew you were a genius :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Have an amazing day, Roesy! *throws confetti* (rice is no longer kosher, I believe)

I'm so proud of our Bluewolf, I think we've all gone some way in raising her to be a genius cyborg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Posy, that was so very funny :) Never thought I'd hear Iago say clitorus...

Feel better Wintersong!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Twitter reports that Keith Barry is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Acoshla wrote: »
    Just found out another girl I went to school with is pregnant. They must have put something in the water in that school because that makes about three-quarters of the girls in my class with kids :pac:

Girl I went to school with had her 3rd kid a few days ago, still doesn't beat the girl who has 5 kids, another has 4. We're all 27 years old and some of them have kids making Communions :eek:

A girl I know has 3 kids under the age of 5, and is pregnant with her fourth...

She's 21!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

WinterSong wrote: »
    Sorting out a hot water bottle now and heading to bed, fingers crossed I feel less awful in the morning. :) Goodnight everyone!
    Feel better soon! xx

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Really well.. I made it the first time for my boyfriends birthday party, I thought they weren't going to like it but it was gone within a half hour!! :-D

It's a special occasion recipe coz it takes so long to make.. Finding some of the ingredients was a special kind of adventure, tho. If u need any advice for molasses hunting, give me a pm!!

Really? I got everything in my sh*tty little Tesco in Tullow. You can condense it into two days if you get the pork cooking early enough on day 2. The first time I made it, I didn't like the sauce from the recipe. Second time round, I made my own sauce from the liquid the pork had cooked in and it was AMAZING.

Have such a craving for it now :mad:

I really need to start making my own BBQ sauce, some of the bottle stuff is really acidic..

Will u PM me how he makes his sauce?

Im on my phone so sorry for all the random posts!

I don't know how, but I feel like someone ran over me with a truck today. Went out to do the recycling today with the MIL, and then Tesco, aldi, lidl and dunnes.. Got a phone call from my doc, have low blood pressure, and borderline anaemia! :-(

got home, and literally just passed out.. Only woke up a while ago, and wasn't able to make my pecan pie.. Waaaah!!

After work tomorrow, coz then I can scarf it Sunday!!

Bluewolf, get down with your bad self!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Congrats Roesy!

Hope Keith is alright - met him twice and he was really down to earth, chatting away with us!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Keith is alright
    Hi All.Just to let you know Keith is fine.What happened tonight was not a joke-he passed out on stage due to lack of Oxygen but is ok.Eamonn

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

He really needs to stop that particular trick. If something happened him the volunteers that tied him up would feel pretty bad! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I made it back from Next alive. It was surprisingly civilised actually, great deals to be had I got 20 different bits for €111! I'm delirah :p I accidentally fell asleep at about 3.45 and didn't wake up until 5.20 but it was still quiet enough down there, some sizes limited but otherwise good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Oh my god.... is that.... sunshine...outside...in Cork?

Roesy good luck!

Hope all is good with Java and CoffeeBean :)

Lola: Sounds like great bargains. I'm half afraid to wander in on my lunchbreak to our one here.. might be a warzone.

It's sunny :D:D:D
    And there's a petting zoo on the seafront, I'm gonna go pet me some ducks!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Meeting boardsies today, yay! :)

Turns out my €9 Penneys runners weren't up to an hour long walk in the rain yesterday, the bottom has bust open and all the thick paper inside it is wet :eek: Still wearing them today though, they match my outfit :o

No sunshine here but I've heard a rumour that I might see some later, not pushed if I do or not, it's just makes it difficult to dress for both rain and sun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Roesy wrote: »
    Indeed it is :-) getting married tomorrow, can't believe I'm up browsing boards and watching the cookie monster parody 'share it maybe' and kitten videos on YouTube instead of sleeping.
    Hope your baby arrives soon javagal.

Oooh congrats, hope you have a lovely day!

Bluewolf you have crazy smarts! Fair play to you! I'd love to be that smart; I learned to read very quickly but that's all :o

I had a driving lesson at like 9am, so now I'm wide awake and bored. So fed up lately, I need a holiday or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I was toilet trained as soon as I could walk (and I walked early enough) because I was allergic to nappies (I have bad eczema) so what followed on from that was picking up other things a bit earlier than others the same age as me but definitely nothing like our resident prodigy :P Like others I always did wonder about all of BW's evening classes :D

Kind of sunny here today too, fingers crossed it lasts...

I'd say me and bluewolf couldn't be any more different academically! Would be a social experiment to hang out together! :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I am getting dressed and going to town...and I shall return with a surprise!!

• Advertisement

I'd say me and bluewolf couldn't be any more different academically! Would be a social experiment to hang out together! :D:p

my best friend is the opposite of me as well i think, and we get on like a house on fire :)

we can hang out and bake :cool:

got ma hurr did, it's SO much nicer without all that length, just sits on shoulders now
    *sits and admires self in mirror* :p

booking flights to LA with my friend later on and planning our SF trip too - I found a lovely trendy hotel in SF which would be affordable. also i'm bribing her with the fact they do free wine evenings for an hour every evening included as part of your stay :eek::D

yeah i love doing all my classes and learning - thrive on it
    despite complaints about exams and stuff :p

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I am getting dressed and going to town...and I shall return with a surprise!!
    can i've a surprise?

edit: roesy, good luck! congrats! all the happy things!!!

good luck java for baby coffeebean!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Awh my poor bf seems to have picked up some sort of tummy bug.. And is probably still going to go to soccer today in that condition. They have some sort of tournament starting soon and they have a warm up game today - 5 a side. There's no talking to him, keeps insisting "Oh I'm grand.." Typical man, eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Well that 10K was grand but now my stupid time-of-the-month cramps are back full force. Not great timing!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Awh my poor bf seems to have picked up some sort of tummy bug.. And is probably still going to go to soccer today in that condition. They have some sort of tournament starting soon and they have a warm up game today - 5 a side. There's no talking to him, keeps insisting "Oh I'm grand.." Typical man, eh? :rolleyes:

My boyfriend broke his collar bone while playing drunken frisbee and you couldn't convince him to go to the doctor for love nor money. 2 years later and his shoulder still gives him trouble. Boys are silly.

I have a nutella cake baking in the oven for my nephews birthday. My god it smells so good...

I LOVE Nutella...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Went to the Next sale before work (so, 8.20am) to have a look and NOT BUY ANYTHING. I failed.
    ?ui=2&ik=e1c466192b&view=att&th=138854ea882706e2&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw
    and
    ?ui=2&ik=e1c466192b&view=att&th=138854fcb1bc8a29&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

Together they should have been €72, got them both for €33.... and the shoes are a comfy 4 1/2. :D

Also got to meet the crew of Stellar Magazine, got an awesome goodie bag (its got soooo much Diet Coke and little Benefit Samples in it! And Lindt Chocolate!), and got my picture taken with the editor and fashion ed :P *moment of fame*

Been a good day so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I LOVE Nutella...

Nutella on toast is nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Got a call last night when i was in bed....work asked me to call in 5am instead of 7....finished at 11 :(

so i went in...it was like a warzone! people going mental for clothes! :eek:

i was busy all morning at about 7 i had to bring clothes down to each department that were left in other departments. Had a massive pile of kids wear with me, half way down the stairs all you could hear was "That's sooo cute" turned around and got mobbed my two women ripping the clothes from my hands! :mad: :eek:

i worked on tills for a bit and the amount of money being spent was unreal served 5 customers altogether before i went to the stockroom and they all had at least €150 worth of stuff.

It was just complete and utter madness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hq-daring-0.jpg?w=920&h=361

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@bubblefett - Yeah, boys are silly. He was meant to have the practice match at 1. Knowing him he went and probably played despite it all.. I told him not to go or I'd find out and I'd be cross.. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement