Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

In a fair bit of pain but I'm fit to read so at least it's manageable. I've been saving A Place of Greater Safety for today and 80 pages in, I have to say I'm enjoying it very much and it seems worth the wait. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tempted to buy a kindle when I get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

krudler wrote: »
    tempted to buy a kindle when I get paid

I JUST BOUGHT ONE =D

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I JUST BOUGHT ONE =D

omg get out of my mind sorceress

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I JUST BOUGHT ONE =D

how much?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Love my kindle so I do :D

Kindle customer service from Amazon is brilliant too.

Just had tuna salad, tuna in sunflower oil, green and red peppers, cucumber and scallions, little bit of black pepper on top. I feel so healthy now I deserve all the chocolate as a reward :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Tempted to text aforementioned silly boyfriend but won't just in case he is actually sick, is in bed and didn't go to soccer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Am I the only one who prefers to read paperback books?
    I can see why kindles and such are great, espeically if you travel a lot. But I still love going into book shops and wandering the shelves. And I loves buying books :) Always puts me in a great mood

/nerd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I still buy the odd paperback book even though I have a kindle. I travel a bit for work (just up to Dublin) so it's handy when I'm stuck staying in hotels with nothing to do as soon as I finish work for the evening (it's been great the last couple of months too). I love walking around bookshops :)

bubblefett wrote: »
    I can see why kindles and such are great, espeically if you travel a lot. But I still love going into book shops and wandering the shelves. And I loves buying books :) Always puts me in a great mood

/nerd

Oh I love books, the feel of them, the smell of the pages,its just they do tend to build up and its a pain getting rid of them or giving them away, I had about 200 books at one point and they weigh a bloody ton if you ever have to move. I'm trying to condense things I own like I got rid of most of my dvd collection, most of my stuff is on a hard drive now thats smaller than an average book, theres about 200 movies and about 50 tv shows on it, and I've yet to put a dent in the capacity of it. light living is what I'm going for :)

• Advertisement

we booked our flights for 490 return each to LA
    yuh
    there was one for 480 but that wanted us to change airport :rolleyes:

barely functioning right now
    i just want to curl up and stay here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bluewolf wrote: »
    yuh

When are you going?

When are you going?

end of december until early jan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I still buy the odd paperback book even though I have a kindle. I travel a bit for work (just up to Dublin) so it's handy when I'm stuck staying in hotels with nothing to do as soon as I finish work for the evening (it's been great the last couple of months too). I love walking around bookshops :)

Yeah, I travel a lot for business so I love my kindle. Last time I traveled before I got it, I ended up going over my weigh allowance because I got stuck for 5 days due to snow and bought like 10 books :o

end of december until early jan

lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

krudler wrote: »
    Oh I love books, the feel of them, the smell of the pages,its just they do tend to build up and its a pain getting rid of them or giving them away, I had about 200 books at one point and they weigh a bloody ton if you ever have to move. I'm trying to condense things I own like I got rid of most of my dvd collection, most of my stuff is on a hard drive now thats smaller than an average book, theres about 200 movies and about 50 tv shows on it, and I've yet to put a dent in the capacity of it. light living is what I'm going for :)

I tend to trade in my books in the 2nd hand book shop so don't have too many in the house thankfully, only some favourites and sentimental ones. Really should really do a dvd clear out- I've around the 300 mark and the boyfriend has the same again, with loads repeated between us :o The effect of both being ex video store managers.
    yuh

That sounds awesome, enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I love my books! As a family we have quite a lot of them in the house, which is nice; I read what's in the house rather than buying new ones all the time. A Kindle would be awesome and I might get one yet, but you just can't beat the comfort of a book.

Our neighbours are bookaholics; they have two garden sheds, one of which is entirely for the books that won't fit in the (large) house :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I JUST BOUGHT ONE =D

how much?:)
    €109 +€31 insurance :) currys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Still here. Still in horrible amounts of pain. Still no regularity to my contractions..

Ready to cry now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Christ on a bike my wedding dress arrived in the shop today, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Ahem, sorry. I love my Kindle! Always thought they were silly and I'd never give up on real books but I wouldn't be without it now. I think I'm going to get my fiancé one so he can bring it on honeymoon instead of lugging 15 books with him which he would otherwise :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

javagal wrote: »
    Still here. Still in horrible amounts of pain. Still no regularity to my contractions..

Ready to cry now...

Oh you poor thing :( Don't know what to say that will help but will keep my fingers crossed for you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Poor javagal :( Will you be going into hospital, or do they have to be regular first?

I love books, I got a bunch of free ones at work that the bookshop couldn't sell, albeit sans covers as apparently they're not meant to give them away intact!

Ready to cry now...

You poor dote, hope it all speeds up and you can have it over you soon. :( xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Ladies any recommendations for a movie to watch tonight? Something light hearted and not heavy :)

project x is hilarious and 21 jump street if your looking for a good laugh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Well that 10K was grand but now my stupid time-of-the-month cramps are back full force. Not great timing!
    You sound like the girl from the tampax ads when 'mother nature' comes to visit!
    bubblefett wrote: »
    Oh, I'm the same! I have a Kindle but I still buy more paperbacks because I don't like putting stuff on my credit card and I can browse in a bookshop which I can't with a Kindle.
    I still love my Kindle though- it has a lively leather cover with a light which is handy.
    I'd definitely say get a 3G one because it's much easier to instantly download books at the touch of a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@sillymoo - Friends With Benefits is good. So is Bridesmaids. My bf would agree with Sephiroth_dude, he loved both Project X and 21 Jump Street. :)

Oh poor javagal, hope things speed up and Baby Coffeebean will be here soon. xx

:eek: My friend is taking me to the Phantom of the Opera next Monday as an early birthday present! :D What a lovely thought, that has made my day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Saw 21 jump street on a flight not so long ago - was hilarious alright!
    Hmmm will see about project x or bridesmaids. Thanks!

Currently looking to download season 1 of ER without any success. If anyone has a good link for it could they PM me? Think as its so old, not really available :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ready to cry now...
    Aaaw, poor Javagal. :(

I hope baby Coffeebean gets a move on and arrives soon. *Hugs* xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement