Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Back in London - early into Gatwick as usual, Ryanair still fooling nobody with the "add 20 mins to each flight so that we are guaranteed early and can play that music" ploy! Got the train from Gatwick, then found out my tube connection wasn't running to the maintenance, so bit of a diversion, and then my connecting train was also late.

Ended up into the house about 1ish!

Going to head into London today and do the touristy things :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Sorting out some stuff upstairs. god, my mum is such a horder! She has no idea of the amount of crap i've already got rid of, I mean, who needs 5 bottle openers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im sorting out my college notes for the repeats!!

Do not like :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

My sister has me driven demented all weekend trying to get me to pack for our holliers. We are going on Tuesday morning, I see absolutely no need to pack any earlier than Monday night!

Have a lunch date today :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

€11.50 for a cinema ticket :eek: What the hell? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I mean, who needs 5 bottle openers?

yet no matter how many you have, there's never any around when you've friends over.

That's not bad, I paid that midweek in Vue a while back, and that was including my student discount! Full price ticket was fourteen-something. Robbing barstards...

That is ridiculous!

In my local cinema it costs i think €15 for a 3d ticket including having to buy the glasses!

this is why I hate 3D films. they're rubbish, the 2D ones always look better, and you're getting charged extra for what is an inferior experience. crazy :s

I went braless while out for my morning walk. nyaaaa.... :eek:

Honey-ec wrote: »
    That's not bad, I paid that midweek in Vue a while back, and that was including my student discount! Full price ticket was fourteen-something. Robbing barstards...

That's where I'm looking now. That is ridiculous. F*ck that. €14 mid-week is unreal. :eek: When did it go up so much. Ages since I've been to the cinema.

Edit: Same movie in the savoy is 6.70. I'd have to pay 2.15 each way for bus fare though if I go to town. :pac:

• Advertisement

That's where I'm looking now. That is ridiculous. F*ck that. €14 mid-week is unreal. :eek: When did it go up so much. Ages since I've been to the cinema.

Edit: Same movie in the savoy is 6.70. I'd have to pay 2.15 each way for bus fare though if I go to town. :pac:

As Links said, it was a 3D film, and it irks me something awful having to pay extra for a stupid bloody gimmick. Especially when they don't actually have a 2D print of the same film.

Links234 wrote: »
    this is why I hate 3D films. they're rubbish, the 2D ones always look better, and you're getting charged extra for what is an inferior experience. crazy :s

I went braless while out for my morning walk. nyaaaa.... :eek:

The one I'm looking for tickets for is 2D - €8.65 for a child. Thats what I thought adults paid...

Then they have their stupid 'VIP' seating they try to charge you for.

this is why I love the Eye cinema in Galway, regular tickets are 9 odd euro, which I can afford :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

That's the one thing I like about the cinema in my town, I can go during the week and get my ticket as well as a popcorn and coke for ten euro. Even if I bring my own snacks when I'm going in Dublin, it's usually nearly twice that, although that's probably because when I go to the cinema in Dublin I go with friends and they're into 3D movies whereas at home I tend to go on my own and I avoid 3D movies if I can. They give me such awful headaches sometimes, the joys of being half blind and having no depth perception! :pac:

Have fun on your lunch date, Honey Ec! :)

When are the repeats, Pixie? :)

They start on the 13th of next month!

But i have no idea of the actual date of the exam they havent told us yet!

I always find it hard to study for an exam when I don't know exactly when it is, hope they let you know soon and that the studying and the exam itself go brilliantly for you :)

WinterSong wrote: »
    I always find it hard to study for an exam when I don't know exactly when it is, hope they let you know soon and that the studying and the exam itself go brilliantly for you :)

Thanks my dear! :) I really hope my exam goes well because my degree depends on it :eek:

giving very serious consideration to getting my septum pierced during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My brother is off on holiday today and I am a teeny* bit jealous.

*Read 'a lot'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just woke up and Im still knackered!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I slept like the proverbial log.

Brought the small man to the local version of Pat Sharpe's Funhouse this morning. He climbed right to the top straight away and was going around like a man possessed. Then an older child ran past him and he started bawling. Super-mama to the rescue, I bounded up that thing like there was no tomorrow and by the time I got to him, he'd stopped crying and was dancing.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Any word on javagal and baby Coffeebean? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

love the teaser poster for the new Superman movie

superman-man-of-steel.jpg

What does everyone here think of septum piercings? Really, really considering it.

Less than a week until The Dark Knight Rises, can't waaaaait! I think I'm staying with a friend up in Dublin at some stage next week too, yay. I love having plans. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

WinterSong wrote: »
    Less than a week until The Dark Knight Rises, can't waaaaait! I think I'm staying with a friend up in Dublin at some stage next week too, yay. I love having plans. :)

Friday night! the Man of Steel trailer is supposed to be on before it, I saw the leaked version from Comic Con and it looks great, hope Henry Cavill pulls off the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Links234 wrote: »
    What does everyone here think of septum piercings? Really, really considering it.
    I'm more into tattoos than piercings but defo go for it if it's what you want :)

Me and my girl are going to see the dark knight rises for our 1 year anniversary. I can't believe its been nearly a year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@Links - I like them, they can suit some people. Wouldn't get it done myself tbh though, I'm too much of a wimp. Even though I have 2 tattoos.. :o Also, aww.. :D

• Advertisement

I know my mum would go ballistic if I got the piercing, and I'm half thinking that might be an extra incentive to get it done. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement