Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Links234 wrote: »
    I know my mum would go ballistic if I got the piercing, and I'm half thinking that might be an extra incentive to get it done. :p
    My Mam thought my tattoo was a transfer for about 2 years :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

krudler wrote: »
    Friday night! the Man of Steel trailer is supposed to be on before it, I saw the leaked version from Comic Con and it looks great, hope Henry Cavill pulls off the role.

I've been trying not to read anything about it but if the trailer is on before TDKR I can justify watching it :pac: It's going to be hard waiting almost a year for its release though! Really hope Henry Cavill is good in it, all I know him from is The Count of Monte Cristo and The Tudors :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

If you really really want it I say go for it Links. :) My mam would be sort of the same about my tattoos but I got them anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Me and my girl are going to see the dark knight rises for our 1 year anniversary. I can't believe its been nearly a year already.

I've been listening to the score all week, its brilliant. Love this track its from the prologue sequence where Bane hijacks a plane midair, dunno if you've seen it but a bunch of guys absail out of the cargo door of a huge plane and land on a smaller one inflight, attach cables to it blow off the wings. and they did it for real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ella Bella wrote: »
    My Mam thought my tattoo was a transfer for about 2 years :D
    lol! :D

my mum is kinda funny, she's got more of a problem with my piercings or my clothes than she does with me being transgender. you'd think the latter would be the thing she'd be the most upset about, but no, my piercings are vile, disgusting, revolting and I'm ruining my lovely face, and don't get her started on my fashion sense, if I wear a collar or even anything around my neck, she complains that it makes her feel like she's chokeing and makes noises (and sometimes shouts until I take the collar off). I do kinda appreciate that I don't really get grief off her for being trans though, it's like I'm weird for the choices I make and that's reprehensible, but being trans is just incidental. I guess I'm really lucky in that respect.

• Advertisement

Well in fairness links your foot ware choices are mental :p

:pac: she hates them too!

but I wear docs like 90% of the time, the vast majority of my footwear are doc martens, nothing too mental about them :) it's just the other 10% ;)

Today is just zooming by, can't believe it's after three o'clock already!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Links, I think you should go for it! If you hate it, you can always take it out. I think septum piercings are pretty cute. :)

:pac: she hates them too!

but I wear docs like 90% of the time, the vast majority of my footwear are doc martens, nothing too mental about them :) it's just the other 10% ;)
    I'm calling you freaky foot from now on :p

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79736906&postcount=3
    funny, but utterly ruined by the "your" misspelling
    *shakes head*

I know I'll like the piercing

you should've seen what I was wearing on saturday :pac:

I know I'll like the piercing

you should've seen what I was wearing on saturday :pac:
    The hoofs? You've showed me them before, freaky foot :p

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

What does everyone here think of septum piercings? Really, really considering it.

Doesn't really matter what we think of it; if you like it, go for it, missus.
    krudler wrote: »
    hope Henry Cavill pulls off the role.

I was about 16 when the Jim Cavieziel version of The Count of Monte Cristo came out. Oh, how I loved Albert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just saw The Lovely Muffin's closed her account, where's everyone going? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

It's ok, most of them are coming back under other user-names. At this stage, I'm not seeing why it's such a big deal if someone 'leaves'. It's usually for privacy reasons, and they're usually back again soon, so why the fuss? (obviously if someone's genuinely gone, that's a pity )

Yay, well done Laois!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Honey-ec wrote: »

I was about 16 when the Jim Cavieziel version of The Count of Monte Cristo came out. Oh, how I loved Albert.

this is Cavill these days, how'd he even fit into the suit lol :

henry+cavill+superman+shirtless+wet+bearded+2.jpg

I'm not quite sure why Superman looks like a hobo in the movie though, will find out when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jessibelle wrote: »
    It's ok, most of them are coming back under other user-names. At this stage, I'm not seeing why it's such a big deal if someone 'leaves'. It's usually for privacy reasons, and they're usually back again soon, so why the fuss? (obviously if someone's genuinely gone, that's a pity )

I think it's the suddenness that bothers people. It'd be different if people said a quick goodbye, but the posting as normal and then all of a sudden "closed account" leaves people confused. That's what it is for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I think it's the suddenness that bothers people. It'd be different if people said a quick goodbye, but the posting as normal and then all of a sudden "closed account" leaves people confused. That's what it is for me anyway.

Perhaps, and, in fairness I'm in a grouch of a mood today so I may just be being contrary, but thus far so many have 'left' and then come back under another user name going 'guess who???', that the initial 'agh, they're gone!' factors been way diluted down for me. Now it's not so much 'ah, so and so's gone, I'll miss them :(' as 'well, lets wait a few days and see what they reregister as...'. Also it's a real catch 22, the ones that say goodbye are sometimes called drama queens, the ones that don't are leaving dramatically, so... yeah, I had a point somewhere :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

baby coffeebean is firmly staying put.
    being induced Thursday so I'm just trying to accept ill be pregnant for 4 more days!

went to a carnival for some French festival in a town near by, back is in bits now!carrying a bump of at least a stone is hard work!

going to see the new batman and out for spurs with my oh for my birthday next week.

anyone wanna babysit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Me thinks java must live close by the town i work in!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

javagal wrote: »
    baby coffeebean is firmly staying put.
    being induced Thursday so I'm just trying to accept ill be pregnant for 4 more days!

went to a carnival for some French festival in a town near by, back is in bits now!carrying a bump of at least a stone is hard work!

going to see the new batman and out for spurs with my oh for my birthday next week.

anyone wanna babysit?

At least when you're in and hooked up it's going to be max 12 hours until you have your little one. Word to the wise, if you were planning on no epidural and they hook up up to the Syntocin, change that plan. It's really intense and sudden. You can't get off the bed anyway when you're hooked up.

I just learnt that there is a wide line between pruning and murder, and I just jumped over it with enthusiastic glee. RIP Chilean Potato Vine.

Polloloca wrote: »
    Me thinks java must live close by the town i work in!

your a laois gal too?

did ya hear what number won the duck race :-)

I know where that festival was.. I get the train from there when I'm going to visit my bf and remember seeing the signs for it.

Best of luck with it all javagal.. Any chance of you going yourself before Thursday? (I know very little about pregnancy clearly..)

I'm finally free of pain again and it feels great. :)

Best of luck on Thursday javagal! Is there any chance that the baby will come on its own between now and then? :)

I really really hope she'll come before Thursday as I'm a week over now ,so fingers crossed but she seems to be quite content in staying in there!

My little brother is 8 today week so he is really really hoping his baby niece can go to his party!

Honey-ec wrote: »

but I like to get other people's opinions, then do what I want regardless, makes me feel like a rebel :)

• Advertisement

hi Javagal btw! ;) best of luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement