Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

God, Stench. I hope your hand is okay.

I know you may just want to forget about it but I think it's worth at least chatting with a Garda before him in case he pulls anything funny. Totally your choice though.

Kudos on a well-aimed punch! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Thanks for all the advice folks :)

I'll let you know what I decide to do.

Mind yourself! The whole experience must have been some shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Yeah, hope you're okay after all of that Stench, not a pleasant experience at all even if you were clearly well able to defend yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ah yeh I'm grand.

Solid as rock me. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah yeh I'm grand.

Solid as rock me. :D
    Good to hear. Hope you get everything sorted out. xx :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

javagal wrote: »
    I really really hope she'll come before Thursday as I'm a week over now ,so fingers crossed but she seems to be quite content in staying in there!

My little brother is 8 today week so he is really really hoping his baby niece can go to his party!

My boy is 7 tomorrow, your girl might share my son's birthday.... Good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Omg. Stench blossoms, delighted you hit him back, hhopefully he will never do that again to any other woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My God what an ass. I know if it were me I'd definitely say it to HR but I would probably be reluctant to report it to the Gardai. That's because I have a stupid sense of not wanting to make a big deal of things, but it is and should be a big deal. That he's getting drunk enough to sexually assault a woman and find it funny then not be able to remember it, thats dangerous.

Glad you're ok x

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Chances are that he does remember it but is embarrassed by his actions and by the fact he got smacked by a woman and is seriously regretting it. I find it highly unlikely that he doesn't remember. Do you know him well? Could you talk to him about it yourself before going to your manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Oh stench! You go girl!

Watching whitney online, not a bad show but makes us ladies look like we are total idiots..

Decluttering around the house at the moment! It's hilarious..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Watching whitney online, not a bad show but makes us ladies look like we are total idiots..

I thought it was terrible. Didn't find it funny at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm making a mix CD of all my favorite jams from the 90's. Ahhh, nostaligia.
    This one's stuck in my head:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Chances are that he does remember it but is embarrassed by his actions and by the fact he got smacked by a woman and is seriously regretting it. I find it highly unlikely that he doesn't remember. Do you know him well? Could you talk to him about it yourself before going to your manager?

We play on the same tag team occasionally when we're stuck for players. I wouldn't have his phone number/be FB friends with him or anything like that.

His friend told me he'll more than likely apologize to me tomorrow.

I've a scheduled meeting with my manager tomorrow after lunch so if he hasn't said anything by then I'll tell my manager about it.

I'll keep you all updated because I know if I was reading this here I'd be dying to find out what happened :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You know what's great? Getting goosebumps when you hear a new song. :D

I'm really excited about this guy's album, it's out either tomorrow or Tuesday. Not sure how I'm going to get it because I don't have an iTunes account (I don't like iPods..) and he's not well known in Ireland at all. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I thought it was terrible. Didn't find it funny at all.

yeah.. the running gag about marriage kinda ruins it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah.. the running gag about marriage kinda ruins it

Whitney Cummings not being funny moreso :pac:

Gonna try and see if my local tattoo/piercing shop will pierce my ears at a slightly higher gauge than normal. I want to stretch my lobes just a little bit...

I could murder a slice of banoffee cake right now but I'll settle for a nice, healthy banana.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

In work til midnight and fasting for blood tests in the morning so can't even have a sugar fix to keep me going :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Feet hurt from doing touristy things in London - but happy I did!

Walked down Oxford Street today - definitely want to go back there, can't believe there are THREE next stores in the space of less than 2000 metres! Huge sales on there, was tempted to buy a load of stuff, but can't fit it in my bag for going home :(

Walked around the edge of Hyde Park, then through part of it, finding Buckingham Palace - looks beautiful in real life, then went down to Big Ben and Westminster Bridge, before finding the Victoria tube station to go home. What made my day was that just before the tube station, I found the theatre where Wicked is performed - cue me taking loads of snaps! So looking forward to getting over here properly now - definitely treating myself to a Wicked show, and maybe Mamma Mia, travelling up the country by train as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Ran into a friend in Tesco and ended up going back to his for dinner and chats, it was so nice just to chill out and have nice chats, its been ages.

Off work now for two days, gotta start SuperStudyMode....

Stenchy, good on you for hitting back, hope it all works out ok.

Dear Baby CoffeeBean - please hurry on out in the least painful way for your mammy, love the ladies of TLL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Welcome back people who came back!
    Hope your little one shows herself soon java!

Went for a lovely drive with himself earlier. He passed his test during the week - love that he can drive me places :-P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Just read a story there about stabbings at a gig in a place about 30 mins from where I am staying - anyone want to guess what act were playing???

Being looking at the Carlingford Adventure Centre's website for ideas of what to do in regards to going on a weekend break. Seems to be geared more towards the kiddies but I'd love to go Zorbing. I went once as a youngster with my school- I vaguely remember struggling to get into a wetsuit and then getting towed back to the edge of the lake because I misplaced my oar.
    Kyaks and me do not agree...

I'm trying to find a good place for indoor rock climbing. I know there's one in Fairview if I remember correctly...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just read a story there about stabbings at a gig in a place about 30 mins from where I am staying - anyone want to guess what act were playing???

Crystal Swing?

krudler wrote: »
    Crystal Swing?
    I admit, I LOLed.

krudler wrote: »
    Crystal Swing?

:D think they're confined to Ireland, despite out best efforts to push em out

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm actually going to London on Friday. After me telling everyone that it's in a few weeks.

Time, yes, you are the boss of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Being a girl is hurting me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Javagal I hope things hurry up soon, little Zoe must be very comfy in there!

Stench, I hope you're okay! As someone else said that tool probably won't take it further out of sheer embarrassment, but in any case you won't be disciplined for defending yourself, at a non-work event. Your OH will calm down eventually, hopefully he'll realise that you've punished yer man enough ;)

I'm so mentally exhausted lately. I hate being at work now, given all that happened. I wrote out a new CV, hopefully it'll impress someone! Still have to get my head around the fact that my family will probably have to move somewhere else when my dad gets a new job. We moved around a lot when i was a child, but we've been in this town for 15 years.

Le sigh.

• Advertisement

Just downloaded 100 Classic Dance Hits of The 90's. Dear lord, I'm lost in a sea of nostaligia! *bops along to Londonbeat*
    In other news, been hitting the search engines and I've found several fitness places in Swords. I seriously need a new fitness regime. I can only walk the dog so many times. I'd love to do spinning or rock climbing but I've yet to find somewhere that does classes on a Pay as you go basis. :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement