Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Saw Killer Joe tonight. Holy **** what a ****ed up film! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I need cake. I seriously miss baking. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

McChubbin wrote: »
    Gonna try and see if my local tattoo/piercing shop will pierce my ears at a slightly higher gauge than normal. I want to stretch my lobes just a little bit...

I could murder a slice of banoffee cake right now but I'll settle for a nice, healthy banana.

Just wanted to say that you're an inspiration.. I wish I had even half your willpower. :) x
    Links234 wrote: »
    Saw Killer Joe tonight. Holy **** what a ****ed up film! :eek:

Just IMDb'd that and the description doesn't give away much.. Might give it a watch sometime. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Made some headway with 50 shades this evening.

She's
    just lost her virginity.
    That is SO not how that happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Feet hurt from doing touristy things in London - but happy I did!

Walked down Oxford Street today - definitely want to go back there, can't believe there are THREE next stores in the space of less than 2000 metres! Huge sales on there, was tempted to buy a load of stuff, but can't fit it in my bag for going home :(

Walked around the edge of Hyde Park, then through part of it, finding Buckingham Palace - looks beautiful in real life, then went down to Big Ben and Westminster Bridge, before finding the Victoria tube station to go home. What made my day was that just before the tube station, I found the theatre where Wicked is performed - cue me taking loads of snaps! So looking forward to getting over here properly now - definitely treating myself to a Wicked show, and maybe Mamma Mia, travelling up the country by train as well :D

Nice one! The sales in high street shops in London are always great. Wanted to get loads of stuff when I was there in January...stupid Ryanair!

Would you believe I have not once done a touristy thing in London, even-though I was born there and lived there for 4 years. And visited the place a number of times.

Must get around to doing that sometime :o

• Advertisement

Morning everyone. Got up to go for a walk but it's absolutely lashing. I'm going to have a shower instead and get the bus into Portlaoise. Need to go to Citizen's Information again and my brother needs to price laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I got my apology first thing this morning when I got into work. He said he doesn't remember it happening that he was very drunk but that's no excuse.

I said no that that wasn't an excuse and that I gave him enough warnings before I hit him so I'm not going to apologise for that but that we can put it behind us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'd say he's in his 30s.

I would prefer to keep it out of work but at the same time I would like to tell my manager.

I don't know the guy very well so I'm not sure if he's the type to bring this into work or not.

The lad that cleared up his face told me that he hadn't a clue what had happened him.

My hand is f'in killing me.

Heel of the hand, dude, heel of the hand...

that's good stenchy
    unbelievable behaviour

your hand reminds me of the scene in 21 jump st i was giggling at:
    "he hit me! what do i do!"
    "hit him back!"
    "OWW that hurts worse than when he hit me!!"
    :pac:

only 2 hours left on the twilight zone writing comp! i seem to even have a vote or two :cool: i wrote in a serious rush last minute so i wasnt expecting anything really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Seriously, what's going on with this weather!? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Fair play, Stenchy x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Larianne wrote: »
    Seriously, what's going on with this weather!? :mad:

I don't know and I don't care cause I'm going to Italia in the morning. So long, suckahs, fcuk all y'all!*

*not really

Anyway, wait'll you see, it'll probably be glorious for the next ten days because I'm out of the country...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I got my apology first thing this morning when I got into work. He said he doesn't remember it happening that he was very drunk but that's no excuse.

I said no that that wasn't an excuse and that I gave him enough warnings before I hit him so I'm not going to apologise for that but that we can put it behind us.

I'm very glad that you received an apology this morning. I can't imagine how horrible this experience was for you. However we at Boards cannot be seen to advocate violence of any description so we have to ask that there be no more discussion of this event.

Maple

Oh please let college work out for me.. The carry-on in this house is ridiculous!

Not sure if this is classed as asking for medical advice. I'm on the pill and usually collect my prescription from the local pharmacy. If I'm going to Athlone in September can I get my prescription filled there or do I have to do it at home? Might be a silly question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Oh please let college work out for me.. The carry-on in this house is ridiculous!

Not sure if this is classed as asking for medical advice. I'm on the pill and usually collect my prescription from the local pharmacy. If I'm going to Athlone in September can I get my prescription filled there or do I have to do it at home? Might be a silly question.

No you can get it filled anywhere.

Went for what I thought would be a big long hour long walk yesterday, only took me half an hour, yay. Wanted to go for a walk with the dog today but as mentioned it is lashing rain. Might did out one of our giant golf umbrellas and go anyway, means I can enjoy my 3 course meal more this evening if I actually worked for it a bit :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

You can get your pill in any chemist as long as you have a script for it. You'll probably get your future scripts from the college nurse?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

Once you have a script and it's in date then you can fill it in any pharmacy.

Cool, thanks Acoshla.

edit: and Maple and Ella Bella.. I have this one up to December so won't really need to worry about the next one. Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I don't know and I don't care cause I'm going to Italia in the morning. So long, suckahs, fcuk all y'all!*

*not really

Anyway, wait'll you see, it'll probably be glorious for the next ten days because I'm out of the country...

I bought a frisbee the weekend before last as it was a nice sunny day. Has rained since then. Haven't got to use it. So people can blame me! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Waiting for post is so annoying, it could be here any time between half ten and three o'clock and the letter I'm waiting for probably still won't be in it :rolleyes:

This week is going to be so much fun, Dublin on Wednesday and Thursday and then The Dark Knight Rises on Friday night, woo! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So happy to be back on nights! :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Larianne wrote: »
    I bought a frisbee the weekend before last as it was a nice sunny day. Has rained since then. Haven't got to use it. So people can blame me! :(

Phew! so its you we blame then.:D I was worried it was my fault because I bought a little bistro table and chair set for my balcony, envisioning balmy mornings sipping my morning coffee with Baby Oreo gurgling contentedly beside me while we gaze upon the commuters inching along the dual carriageway.

Its pissed rain since. :pac:

Neyite wrote: »
    Phew! so its you we blame then.:D I was worried it was my fault because I bought a little bistro table and chair set for my balcony, envisioning balmy mornings sipping my morning coffee with Baby Oreo gurgling contentedly beside me while we gaze upon the commuters inching along the dual carriageway.

I get great satisfaction from driving down the quiet side of the motorway when everyone else is stuck in a big line on the other side, I love going into the city when everyone else is trying to leave it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

GP thought it would be a good idea to ask if there was any chance I could be pregnant while listening to my stomach with a stethoscope!! Turns out I'm not but seriously woman!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

GP thought it would be a good idea to ask if there was any chance I could be pregnant while listening to my stomach with a stethoscope!! Turns out I'm not but seriously woman!!

There's something that just scares the bejesus out of you when a doctor/nurse makes that suggestion, like they have some sort of secret way of telling just by looking at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Informed my mum of my intention to get a new piercing, this time she said it was trash, and that it was madness, madness in my mind! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Or when you say you're craving some kind of food/drink and someone gives you 'the look'...

There's something that just scares the bejesus out of you when a doctor/nurse makes that suggestion, like they have some sort of secret way of telling just by looking at you.

The funniest was one time my friend was here telling me how for the past 4-6 weeks her boyfriend's cigarettes smelled different, awful, and that there was something after changing in how they made them and it made her feel sick. I just looked at her and said "4-6 weeks you say?...", she did this face :eek: and went to clarify that her boyfriend had also noticed the change in smell, which he had, but I got a good 30 seconds of pure fear out of her :p

Another friend of mine noticed her deodorant smelled different on her for a few weeks, mentioned it to her boyfriend and everything because it was so noticeable to her. Turns out it was because she was pregnant, you'd never associate that with being pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Honey-ec wrote: »

*not really

Enjoy, i've already booked for june 2013 (2 weeks cant wait have 9 months to pay it off).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Even if you know you're not pregnant and you've barely even seen a man in the last month, nevermind been naked with one, when a doctor asks if you might be pregnant, you just think, "MIGHT I?!".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement