Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Acoshla wrote: »
    Another friend of mine noticed her deodorant smelled different on her for a few weeks, mentioned it to her boyfriend and everything because it was so noticeable to her. Turns out it was because she was pregnant, you'd never associate that with being pregnant!

I would.

The smell of fresh people when I was pregnant was stomach churning. I'd much prefer to be sat next to someone with stinky BO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I would.

The smell of fresh people when I was pregnant was stomach churning. I'd much prefer to be sat next to someone with stinky BO.

Yeah I would now because I've heard of it, but as a symptom in itself most girls wouldn't think "Hmm that smells different, I must be pregnant!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hormones effect your sense of smell. I actually noticed stuff smelling all funky the last day, it was really odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I used to be put off getting out for exercise by the rain. but I found one day I really wanted to go running, and it was lashing down, but I went anyway. It was great! There was nobody else around, so didn't feel self conscious at all. Plus I can't run in the heat at all, so it's much nicer.

It's raining all morning here, but I'll be heading out in about an hour anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Inspired by a thread in AH, I found the Irish spelling and pronunciation of my name. It's Eimíle, which I quite like :)

• Advertisement

Gongoozler wrote: »
    I used to be put off getting out for exercise by the rain. but I found one day I really wanted to go running, and it was lashing down, but I went anyway. It was great! There was nobody else around, so didn't feel self conscious at all. Plus I can't run in the heat at all, so it's much nicer.

It's raining all morning here, but I'll be heading out in about an hour anyway :)

Yep I went for a walk the last day and it was sticky warm, halfway through the walk it started raining and it was so lovely and cool. I wasn't dressed for it at all, just a t shirt and jeans so I got some funny looks but it was so lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Having a bowl of Nesquik cereal, reminds me of being a kid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Novella wrote: »
    Having a bowl of Nesquik cereal, reminds me of being a kid. :)

"Why is nesquik cereal sooo chocolatey?"
    *said in a scouser child accent*

Was obsessed with that ad when I was younger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Yep I went for a walk the last day and it was sticky warm, halfway through the walk it started raining and it was so lovely and cool. I wasn't dressed for it at all, just a t shirt and jeans so I got some funny looks but it was so lovely!

:) People probably do think you're mad for it alright. That day it was raining so heavy I could barely see, there were a few people around, feeding the ducks, thinking how odd I was, but they were the ones out feeding ducks in that weather so :confused:

Feel bad for you Javagal, hope you're not too uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

No rain near me today, that sounds really nice though! All I have to do is get back into that mentality :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My brother got an iTunes voucher to get the new Green Day single so he's gonna download that album I posted about yesterday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just fiogured out what to do about my bannoffeecravings: chop up a banana and drop it into a pot of toffee flavored yogurt. Hrrmm. Might try that later...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Scones straight from the oven with real butter :p

bluewolf wrote: »

Pfft, overrated.

Pfft, overrated.

my viennese whirls never worked out, this would kind of make up for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Scones straight from the oven with real butter :p

Well now I have to go and make scones....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Going out for dinner again later! I love how much my mam hates cooking for two as opposed to four! :pac: TGI Friday's all for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so the first reviews for The Dark Knight Rises are starting to surface and to say its getting praise would be an understatement bordering on the ridiculous. 10/10 and 5 star reviews from almost everywhere. dear Friday, hurry up! gonna be a loooong week trying to avoid spoilers, no twitter for me until friday night after I've seen it.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    so the first reviews for The Dark Knight Rises are starting to surface and to say its getting praise would be an understatement bordering on the ridiculous. 10/10 and 5 star reviews from almost everywhere. dear Friday, hurry up! gonna be a loooong week trying to avoid spoilers, no twitter for me until friday night after I've seen it.

Sunday for me. But in glorious IMAX. We watched the other two in preparation last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Sunday for me. But in glorious IMAX. We watched the other two in preparation last week.

I haaaate you :mad:

not really, but in this instance I are jealous :pac: ever seen anything in IMAX before? its something else.

I haaaate you :mad:

not really, but in this instance I are jealous :pac: ever seen anything in IMAX before? its something else.

Oh yeah. The first thing was Fantasia 2000 in Dublin in, eh, 2000.

We also saw Beowulf in 3D IMAX in New York.

This will be my first time seeing a good film in it though. I are excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm dreading going home because my house is a complete mess and I need to clean it.

Anyone wanna clean it for me?

I can pay you in cake??

I'm dreading going home because my house is a complete mess and I need to clean it.

Anyone wanna clean it for me?

I can pay you in cake??

sorry i have german class :cool:
    duno how i'll even get through it today

once you put on some good music and get stuck into it, it'll be done before you know it!

am also going to see batman on friday but it'll be in the swan centre, nothing fancy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I'll clean .... lemon tart for me please!

so excited about booking my tickets now in 2 weeks! its gonna be awesome! was planning on changing jobs but i might stay.. there is only half a year till i go away in january and i'll be able to have my bonus as well the 3 months after i leave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I am very, very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I like the new Green Day song. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

New clothes :D Tis a good day!

Is the coffeebean in the world yet? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Yellow beef curry on the way :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement