Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

So krudler is Skadoosh! now?? Ok, cool.. :)

I wants a name change too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Yay. No work today! Going to have a massage tonight. May go clothes shopping. Todays going to be a good day with happies.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Minevah

Normally a positive person but it's one of those days I am hating my job....office politics and other bs?!
    Must focus on the upcoming payday to get me through!

Would it be really evil to steal the name "krudler" now?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

aw what, I thought people hated my name, maybe I'll change it back..

• Advertisement

Would Friday ever hurry up and get here seriously, I wanna see my bf! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Would it be really evil to steal the name "krudler" now?

do, you'll inherit all my enemies on here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    big movies always have been though, its just occasionally something that comes along thats a true blockbuster. And for a movie nerd such as myself its a great thing to be a part of, seeing a big crowdpleasing summer movie on a giant screen with an audience thats loving it, if the movie is great then its all the better, for all the terrible remakes, sequels and unoriginal guff thats made these days its nice to have something to look forward to, after this there's no more Christopher Nolan made Batman movies, sniff :(

I was wondering who this random Skadoosh person was, just suddenly jumping into the conversation! Well I do hope you enjoy The Dark Knight, I might even make it to the cinema myself to see it. The last movie I saw there was The Hunger Games.

Finally getting somewhere with my driving lessons, after eight of them :rolleyes: Apparently I'm an awul chancer though, I'm terrible at conceding the right of way... I'm like 'Car coming around the roundabout to my right? MOAR GAS!'

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

EmilyO wrote: »
    Finally getting somewhere with my driving lessons, after eight of them :rolleyes: Apparently I'm an awul chancer though, I'm terrible at conceding the right of way... I'm like 'Car coming around the roundabout to my right? MOAR GAS!'

:o

I'm hopefully booking my lessons at the weekend. Any advice to settle the nerves? :o

Or maybe you're not the best person to ask! :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm hopefully booking my lessons at the weekend. Any advice to settle the nerves? :o

Or maybe you're not the best person to ask! :pac:

Heh maybe not...learn the rules of the road before you do anything!

But seriously you'll be okay, if you have a good instructor s/he will get to know the pace to teach you at. Just try not to panic, and absorb the advice they give you. Don't feel you need to be as relaxed and swift as other drivers yet, just do things at your own pace.

Also, I'm a divil for looking down at the gearstick when changing gears, which is kinda bad because I'm not paying attention to the road. Maybe between lessons, sit in a car with the engine off and keep going up and down the gears until you know where they are, using the clutch pedal too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

You could check out some vids on youtube Larianne. I'm sure there are some done from the driver's perspective so it might give you an insight into being behind the wheel and what to expect.

Thanks guys. Been putting off learning to drive for years! I really should know how to drive by the time I'm 30! WHich is in October. :o

I like the new name and Avatar Krud. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So kind of half way through the week now! :)

Kinda nice to learn I'm not the only one putting off learning to drive. I have my first provisional over a year now so I think I should do it soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Kinda nice to learn I'm not the only one putting off learning to drive. I have my first provisional over a year now so I think I should do it soon..

mine is out of date this year :pac:

need to renew it and do proper lessons

I only found out a couple of months ago that you can get a second one. I was beginning to panic and I didn't have the money to start. I still don't but if I start saving a small bit a week I could do it.

In other news.. Bit annoyed now.. :mad:

i put mine off, and i was very nervous while doing the lessons and then after passing, when out on my own
    all it takes is time - i love driving now, it's enjoyable and i don't freak out if i'm going somewhere i don't know or get lost, anymore :pac:

I only found out a couple of months ago that you can get a second one. I was beginning to panic and I didn't have the money to start. I still don't but if I start saving a small bit a week I could do it.

In other news.. Bit annoyed now.. :mad:

Shop around for a decent instructor who won't charge you a bomb. They recommend taking lessons every fortnight, so you'd have plenty of time to save up for each one, and you can pay by the lesson. They can usually do morning and evening lessons too, and weekends, in case you're worried about fitting lessons around college and seeing your boyfriend :)

bluewolf wrote: »
    i put mine off, and i was very nervous while doing the lessons and then after passing, when out on my own
    all it takes is time - i love driving now, it's enjoyable and i don't freak out if i'm going somewhere i don't know or get lost, anymore :pac:

Besides the money aspect I am a bit nervous about it. I get very flustered if there's someone watching me.. :o I know they're there to teach me but I can be very shy around new people..
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Shop around for a decent instructor who won't charge you a bomb. They recommend taking lessons every fortnight, so you'd have plenty of time to save up for each one, and you can pay by the lesson. They can usually do morning and evening lessons too, and weekends, in case you're worried about fitting lessons around college and seeing your boyfriend :)

Every fortnight? I was always told every week would be ideal. What I was thinking about doing was saving a bit here and there and doing the lessons in Athlone but I was told that was stupid because I'll probably be doing my test in Portlaoise..

Every fortnight? I was always told every week would be ideal. What I was thinking about doing was saving a bit here and there and doing the lessons in Athlone but I was told that was stupid because I'll probably be doing my test in Portlaoise..

let me guess who told you it was stupid

you can do the test anywhere you want
    if you're living in athlone and taking lessons in athlone then do it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Driving is AWESOME:D:D

Happy happy happy happy. Love the days where you can't stop smiling for no reason. Kind of excited for my weekend, too.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Driving is AWESOME:D:D

yeah i duno how i ever managed without it

take off somewhere across the country for a spa break? sure!
    take off anywhere you like without worrying about buses or whatever? sure! :)

Think I'm on my 3rd provisional licence yet I've never driven on a road. :o Procrastinator extraordinaire me! :o

What should I be expected to pay per lesson? I know its cheaper to buy in bulk. Would 10 lessons be enough? :confused:

Larianne wrote: »
    Think I'm on my 3rd provisional licence yet I've never driven on a road. :o Procrastinator extraordinaire me! :o

What should I be expected to pay per lesson? I know its cheaper to buy in bulk. Would 10 lessons be enough? :confused:

are you on your first learner permit? there's a minimum number of lessons you need to have taken and a log kept
    i remember about 35 per lesson but it could be different now
    If your first Category B learner permit was issued on or after 4 April 2011, you must also complete the Essential Driver Training (EDT) programme, which includes taking 12 mandatory driving lessons with an ADI and keeping a log of your accompanied practice with a sponsor. Drivers who hold full licences from other countries are not exempt from EDT.

If your learner permit was issued before 4 April 2011, you are not required to complete the EDT programme.

bluewolf wrote: »
    let me guess who told you it was stupid

you can do the test anywhere you want
    if you're living in athlone and taking lessons in athlone then do it there

Hmmm.. Yeah you'd probably guess correctly. :rolleyes: I think I'll get a few lessons when I move. Don't know if anybody would do a special rate for a poor (soon to be I hope) student like me... :p

Would actually be great not to be relying on buses and trains.. :o

Also I think I should stop posting so much detail about my life here tbh. If anyone from my family or any of my friends read my posts it would be very easy to tell it was me tbh.. :(

Have to say, one of my favourite things about growing up in the sticks was learning to drive ridiculously young. My brother and i could drive the tractors at 8/9 years old and my dad first let me drive the car at maybe 11? I was definately in primary school when i started anyway. Its the only reason either my brother or i would go to mass with him on a sunday. He would let one of us drive half way home after mass. Had provisional licence at 16 for tractor, 17 for car and passed driving test at 17 too. I'm glad i have it over and done with now because i don't like driving anymore and don't think i'd have been bothered with doing my test now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love driving. Helps when you drive a deadly car as well :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Also I think I should stop posting so much detail about my life here tbh. If anyone from my family or any of my friends read my posts it would be very easy to tell it was me tbh.. :(
    Change your name!

I hear 'Krudler' is available. :pac:

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Change your name!

I hear 'Krudler' is available. :pac:

I'm considering changing it.. I'm terrible at picking usernames (clearly).. :p

I will thinking about 'krudler'..

Edit: How does one actually go about doing this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement