Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It could be a B12 or Iron deficiency, although that's just for the gruaig problem. (and I doubt it because I tear into red meat and take B12).

It could also be just one of those things.

I LOVE meat. And I was on B12. And I lost most of my hair, twice. B12 injections are awesome:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I LOVE meat.
    Dont we all ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Job competency form;
    You’re lost in the city and you need to get back to your hotel. What 5 resources could you use to find your way back?

:confused:

I assume they're not looking for 'take out google maps on my phone' :(

Job competency form;

in german today we had "you've just lost your key, what would you do?" and a picture of a confused fellow in some place
    they had a bar and a lady so you know what my suggestion was :pac:
    that and ask the dog "did you eat my key?"

i think i wouldn't do too well on your form :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Job competency form;

That's what I'd say.

Wouldn't need the other 4 resources then. Efficient, that is ;)

• Advertisement

Obviously it's a test to see how you solve problems, but really, all I'd do is take out google maps and ask someone :confused: look around and see if I recognise any landmarks :confused:

Is it a trick? Do they want simple answers? :pac:

Edit: I've put in map/gps on smartphone, because that IS what I'd do. I've also put in bus/train maps or timetables to help me find where I am and identify what direction I need to go in or if I can use public transport to bring me back or part of the way back.

3 more. Come on loungers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Dont we all ;)

I was wondering if it would be you of bluewolf :pac:

Job competency form;

For srs???

For the laugh you should put ''resign myself to the fact that I am lost and I will have to feed off rock slime and die alone''

google maps: good with tech
    ask someone: good with communication

bla bla

i guess??
    duno

Does asking someone count as a resource? Is the person you ask the resource? This is a load of sh*t, I hate this sh*t. I know there are reasons why they do this crap, but seriously...

Does asking someone count as a resource? Is the person you ask the resource? This is a load of sh*t, I hate this sh*t. I know there are reasons why they do this crap, but seriously...

I'd imagine so. Maybe put that mid-way down, in case they'd see it as meaning you'd go and ask someone before trying anything else if you had an issue with something. I'd definitely put it down though, if it were me.

• Advertisement

Cool, I might specify that I see the person as a resource. I'm not actually sure how much information they want. Do they want one line answers or full blown explanations. I suppose they don't specify for a reason to see how you think. This is what gets you all confuzzled though trying to know if you answered it 'right'

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

http://www.hellandback.ie/Hell-and-Back-Location.html

Thinking if giving this a shot, looks like fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Do you have to have your theory passed before you can take driving lessons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Part of me wants to learn how to drive but the other parts are saying no. I'd be havoc on the roads with my short attention span and low tolerence for bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hmmm.. Yeah you'd probably guess correctly. :rolleyes: I think I'll get a few lessons when I move. Don't know if anybody would do a special rate for a poor (soon to be I hope) student like me... :p

Would actually be great not to be relying on buses and trains.. :o

Don't forget to bring your bike to Athlone. The town's well small enough that you can get everywhere by bike and there's all that free exercise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Got a puncture today and so many people have called in to work sick. ARGH!

Mars Bar wrote: »

Yes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Job competency form;

bluewolf wrote: »
    google maps: good with tech
    ask someone: good with communication

bla bla

i guess??
    duno

Google maps - one resource - tech
    Asking someone - good awareness of locals - another resource.
    Use of taxis - same
    Tourist office - another means.
    Signs/street signs/maps/public transport graphics, another :)

Flexibility, so they can say there are no passersby, you've no signal, there is no tourist office, no street maps, no signs, i.e. think of situations where you are up against it.

Last resort, have a map on you with the hotel location marked on it, and traverse by foot.
    Mars Bar wrote: »

Yes
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Part of me wants to learn how to drive but the other parts are saying no. I'd be havoc on the roads with my short attention span and low tolerence for bull****.

Do it, amazing freedom and incredible for teaching you tolerance/patience, and showing you just how tolerant and patient other drivers can be.

IN other news, I'd second interview from that one I'd a few weeks ago, I'm also knackered and cranky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Anyone who is thinking of learning to drive and do not have their provisional licence already, there are proposals to change the system again next year and have another tier in the learning to drive process. It is almost 100% certain to go ahead for motorbikes so it's only a matter of time before it is brought in for other vehicles. If you don't have your provisional already I'd highly recommend you get the few quid together now and get it. To get your provisional all you have to do is sit and pass the theory test and then you can undertake the rest of the learning to drive process at your leisure. The recent introduction of CBT/IBT has made it very expensive for learner drivers starting out so I can imagine that an additional tier to this system will only serve to increase the costs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

In Stansted now, finally :D Passed a load of people wearing Olympics ID badges, well jealous of them, half regretting the fact that I never applied to be a volunteer, since it would have probably cost me an arm and a leg to be here during it! Second best thing is to be in frotn of the tele for the whole thing!? In my shorts and tshirt atm, airport is fairly warm, hope Cork is decent in the morning!! Have to get a bus, train and taxi home, brother is working so can't pick me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Having erotic thoughts about ice-cream. Someone please tell me why this was discontinued?!
    tumblr_m30nuyFnBz1qbvbl6o1_500.png
    So deliscious...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Having erotic thoughts about ice-cream. Someone please tell me why this was discontinued?!
    tumblr_m30nuyFnBz1qbvbl6o1_500.png
    So deliscious...

To prevent your exotic thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mmmm tea... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

baby day in the morn :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

javagal wrote: »

YAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

*looks shifty*

I know where you can get some Bohemian Raspberry.

YOU DIDN'T HEAR THIS FROM ME, OKAY? I don't want any trouble.

There's a cinema in Galway with an illicit supply...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

all this talk about ice cream...... going for some in the freezer now. thanks

but none of this helps my issue with the bleached jeans....so no thanks for that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

rustopher wrote: »
    but none of this helps my isseu with the bleached jeans....so no thanks for that!!!

Ask in the Fashion & Appearance forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

javagal wrote: »

Best of luck javagal.

BTW, I've a nephew who ended up being called 'beany' (just in case you're looking for inspiration...)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement