Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

still want those shoes! :D
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Today's XKCD made me think of Links

shoes.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Results are disappointing but grand for what I needed so I can't complain too much really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

They are great quality but the big problem (apart from the price) I have with them is that you can't really brown your meat in them before making your casserole...

Why not? I heat the pot slowly over a low heat until it's pretty hot. Then turn up the heat, throw in the meat and crank up the heat a bit more. Browns pretty well without sticking and then you throw in some liquid to de-glaze and turn the heat down again.

It doesn't seem to work to put a cold Creuset pot on high heat. Slow heating works better for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Dolorous wrote: »
    My favourite is the purple :)

+1 for the purple, particularly if the skirt flares while dancing...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Julybreeze wrote: »
    Just wanted to update you all about my eyes. I was seen straight away on Monday morning, both of my eyes are inflamed inside and extremely dry so I was prescribed two types of drops to be used 6 times per day for two months. Then I have to go back in August for two types of scans on the grey splodge behind my left eye. The optomologist didn't seem too concerned about either problem so that was reassuring.. I think.

Just booked flights to go see my friend in Spain next week!

Delighted to hear that.If you have any questions about the technical stuff/jargon, PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

Suzie! do they have the second one in blue?! Then you'd be sorted! You have a great figure btw <goes off to sulk in corner>:cool:

NCONTHEMC wrote: »
    Suzie! do they have the second one in blue?! Then you'd be sorted! You have a great figure btw <goes off to sulk in corner>:cool:

yeah, i'm gonna have to give up chocolate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

That_Guy wrote: »
    Dearest housemate,

At first I was afraid I was petrified when I moved in. I kept thinking I could never live without my usual comforts I had at home.
    But I then spent so many nights thinking about how you kept hoarding all the feckin' cups... but I grew stronger and bought my own cup and we then began to get along.

But now you're back from the kitchen. I walked in to find you with my cup against your face.
    How did you get into my press, I should have changed that stupid lock if I had known for a second that you would hoard my cups.

So now I'm gone, I'm moving out.
    I'm taking my cups.
    You will not hoard them anymore.

Regards,
    Coco

My favourite so far!

Can you structure one to tell him how I get irked at him constantly leaving the bathroom light on when he goes away, and never taking out the rubbish even though it's his ONLY JOB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

bluewolf wrote: »

Oooh, like that, only I'm not so keen on halternecks as I need a decent bra on to keep the puppies in check. Love the draping though!

• Advertisement

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Oooh, like that, only I'm not so keen on halternecks as I need a decent bra on to keep the puppies in check. Love the draping though!

i think those really long wonderbra strapless ones are supposed to be good

i saw this on the site and do want
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_110010702143_-1
    it has a BOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Dolorous wrote: »
    Going to the art supplies shop always cheers me up, I just bought some modelling clay and scalpels! Gonna try my hand at some bride and groom cake toppers, after looking at some of the clay ones on sale for €100+ and thinking 'Pffft, I could do that' :)

I bought clay months ago to try making the exact same thing, still haven't tried it though! Pretty sure it'll be awful, and give me flashbacks of the horror that was Art College, so I'm putting off the inevitable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Just on my way home from IKEA at the moment. Gawd I love that place. It's brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

After speaking to a few friends who made me cop my perfectionist self on, I'm feeling pretty happy with my results which actually did go very well. There's something about the moment of finding out that's so anti-climactic, I'm usually despondent right after I get exam results! As far as I know all my friends passed which is brilliant, we've lots of fun things planned to celebrate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Why isnt it the weekend yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Kiera wrote: »
    Why isnt it the weekend yet?

Because the universe hates me :(

I could really go for a big slice of cake and some tea right now.

jujibee wrote: »
    Because the universe hates me :(

I could really go for a big slice of cake and some tea right now.

Seems to hate me too, Sista!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Where'd the nice weather go?

At least it's not raining. Yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

At least it's not raining. Yet.

Clouds look ominous here!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Clouds look ominous here!! :(

Funnily enough, we've had veeery dark, very ominous clouds here several times in the past few days. There's yet to be any rain. It's weird! Every time I see them I'm like "woah, there's some serious rain on the way" and then.. nothing.

<3 wind that blows rainy clouds away :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Funnily enough, we've had veeery dark, very ominous clouds here several times in the past few days. There's yet to be any rain. It's weird! Every time I see them I'm like "woah, there's some serious rain on the way" and then.. nothing.

<3 wind that blows rainy clouds away :)

We've had the dark clouds that blow over but also the ones that have absolutely opened and lashed out of the heavens!

While we're on the subject of dresses, I got this one in a different colour while I was in London:

BLD10_01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Novella wrote: »
    So I got my college results today. Yes, you're reading that correctly. I as in me. I stayed in college long enough to do exams and to get results. AND I DIDN'T FAIL! In fact, I did pretty damn well. :D

Yay congratulations! You're the same as me, finally sticking with something long enough to pass exams in :pac:
    Just had a Subway. I forgot how gick it makes me feel. Need a nap.

Subway is icky. I'd take McDonalds over it. Sober.
    Results are disappointing but grand for what I needed so I can't complain too much really. :)

Well done for getting what you need, Paris awaits, so that's the main thing :)

Went to Dublin with my mum and sister to buy outfits for my cousin's wedding, I want ALL the clothes! When we got home we paraded around the house in our dresses, shoes and jewellery - a bit like this...

FriendsWeddingDresses.jpg

:o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just bought some theatre tickets.

The prospect of some Shakespeare has cheered me up. Ah!

:D

I love singing! I don't love waiting for bus :(

i can sing all of voi che sapete now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I hate hayfever :mad::(

ok, so I mentioned I was drawing something earlier? this is after not having picked up a pencil in maybe a decade or so, but...

linking because it's big: http://i.imgur.com/WsVzp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I'm feeling so exhausted, what is wrong with me. I hardly did anything today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Links234 wrote: »
    ok, so I mentioned I was drawing something earlier? this is after not having picked up a pencil in maybe a decade or so, but...

linking because it's big: http://i.imgur.com/WsVzp.jpg

Love it Links :D Been watching loads of Breaking Bad trying to catch up, on Season 3 right now, it's just so good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement