Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just came downstairs to an 'attempted delivery' note in the letterbox. I was upstairs with all the windows open, there's no way those fuckers knocked! Grrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I hate post men who do that!

I just get everything delivered to work. A few weeks ago though DPD told me that my work was closed when they tried to deliver it. I work a few buildings down from DPD in a company that's open 24hrs. I asked the girl to think about what she was saying and she had the package delivered to me in the next hour or so.

Lazy lazy people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Teletext - nothing more annoying!!

Poor Java, really thought I'd be logging in to hear your news - just refuse to leave tomorrow!!

Got blood test results - B12 is very low, so have to get injections... For somebody who is not good with needles this is not good news! I just hope I feel a difference with them quickly - having a particularly bad day today, so tired and sleepy in work :-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My boyfriend is watching some rubbishy documentary about ghosts in an old sanatorium. It is such rubbish! Funny how the photos of "ghosts" are always grainy, out of focus and blurry! Don't you think if you were going off to take photos of ghosts you'd make sure your gear was the best of the best?

*puts on ghosthunter hat*

what was it called?and what channel please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

Dolbert wrote: »
    Meh, I'm fairly recognisable from here so I just don't post anything incriminating :cool:

Looking at deals for mini-breaks away, we probably won't get to go abroad 'til the honeymoon so just gonna have a short break in Ireland instead. I definitely feel like I need some time off soon, the last time was for my exams which isn't exactly 'time off'!

Das that sucks, silly company shouldn't have got everyone's hopes up!

Dol, check out limepark.com where we are going on holidays next week. Really cute 1 bed cottages beside the sea in antrim. £320 for a week compared to the rip offs we pay in the republic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ooh those look gorgeous! Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

*puts on ghosthunter hat*

what was it called?and what channel please? :)

Not on tv, online. About a place called Waverly Hills Sanatorium. You'll find it anywhere i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Just came downstairs to an 'attempted delivery' note in the letterbox. I was upstairs with all the windows open, there's no way those fuckers knocked! Grrr

Welcome to my life :rolleyes: I receive packages to my house a couple times a week and without fail I have to make some stop offs to the post office! It was sooo much easier when my father was a postman, never had to worry about sending letters etc. or getting them! He retired too soon :(

I have on scented nail polish and can't stop smelling my nails, If I was in public I'd look a bit creepy :P

Also watching the episode of Friends where Monica is sick and is trying to prove she isn't. It's just a legendary programme :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

OakeyDokey wrote: »

I have on scented nail polish and can't stop smelling my nails, If I was in public I'd look a bit creepy :P

I had no idea such a thing existed?! What does it smell like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My dad's coming home from the hospital tomorrow!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D

And I haz a sparkly nail polish on. Every time I try do something I get distracted by my nails :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Got my ticket to the 8pm screening of The Dark Knight Rises. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

McChubbin wrote: »
    Got my ticket to the 8pm screening of The Dark Knight Rises. :D

I'm going to 8pm showing tomorrow,yuss *high 5's*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Oh javagal that really sucks, getting your hopes up and then having them dashed... I hope all goes well tomorrow. Anyway, according to the poem, Thursday’s child has far to go but Friday’s child is loving and giving... So Friday is better than Thursday for births (highly scientific reasoning there :))
    Acoshla wrote: »
    So first everyone started closing accounts and now everyone's changing their names? What's going on??
    We’re messing with your head :pac:

That username generator is great, I think I'll change my name to BrownGrumpy :D
    Daisies wrote: »
    Sitting in the airport waiting to board my first of 3 flights.29 hours travel ahead of me.Someone will have to give me a recap when I get internet access again.Any volunteers?:pac:
    Ahhhh where in Africa are you going? I hope you have a fantastic time! Do get some sleep on the plane, I’m the worst person for spending most of the flight watching the in-flight films and then feeling like absolute death when I finally arrive because I’ve had arse all sleep :(
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see my bf tomorrow. It's been ten days this time. Don't know how people do the whole LDR thing in different countries. My fella's only in Longford and I'm moaning about not seeing him in over a week. It's tough. Fair play to those who make it work from different countries, I'd be in bits. Ye must be an awful lot stronger than I am. :o
    Nobody intends to end up in a super long-distance relationship, it just works out that way when you don’t want to break up but you’re geographically separated for whatever reason. It seems to be getting longer and longer between each time I see my boyfriend, and it SUCKS, but he is lovely. November isn’t too far away... Right? :(
    :eek: I never knew such a thing existed, I must find some!!

jujibee wrote: »
    I had no idea such a thing existed?! What does it smell like?

I have different colours on different nails :o Cherry (red), Banana (yellow), Lime (green), Orange (orange), Strawberry (pink) and Fruit punch (blue). When applying, it smells like regular nail polish but after it dries then it smells amazing :D I'll probably stick a few pictures up in the nail polish forum in a while :D

Looking for a dress for the sister's wedding :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Feeling jet lagged, must make a decision about going to my meeting - would be my second last one, but I've another meeting Monday night, which would end up being my last then - half tempted to go!

Scarinae wrote: »
    :eek: I never knew such a thing existed, I must find some!!

Like the crackle and magnet trends scented nail polish was a trend for a while and lots of companies came out with their own version. I've about 10 bottles of scented nail polishes :o I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm going to 8pm showing tomorrow,yuss *high 5's*

tumblr_lefagfrVS51qbqbxfo1_500.gif

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Like the crackle and magnet trends scented nail polish was a trend for a while and lots of companies came out with their own version. I've about 10 bottles of scented nail polishes :o I love it!

I have some of the crackle ones, haven't got a magnet one yet but was tempted to try it. Not so keen on the idea of yellow nail polish that smells like bananas though, it sounds like that horrible banana medicine you'd get when you were a kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

my internet has been down since yesterday but on the plus side my neighbours internet reaches down to my house :D yay internet til they move the modem :P

I have some of the crackle ones, haven't got a magnet one yet but was tempted to try it. Not so keen on the idea of yellow nail polish that smells like bananas though, it sounds like that horrible banana medicine you'd get when you were a kid!

The banana one is actually minimul and smells more like Hubba Bubba Bubblegum :D Fruit Punch smells like blue freeze pops :p

Have to decide what dinner is going to be tonight, not really hungry now but I know I'll have to put it on soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Nobody intends to end up in a super long-distance relationship, it just works out that way when you don’t want to break up but you’re geographically separated for whatever reason. It seems to be getting longer and longer between each time I see my boyfriend, and it SUCKS, but he is lovely. November isn’t too far away... Right? :(

No I know nobody ever intends things to go that way, I was actually complimenting those of you that have had to make that decision.

Still messing around with usernames... :rolleyes:

I've updated my sig and my privacy settings though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Does anyone know if you have to use Paypal to pay for a month's subscription? I don't want to set up a PayPal account just for that...
    It's telling me to click the payment method I prefer, but it's only giving me PP as an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

EmilyO wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have to use Paypal to pay for a month's subscription? I don't want to set up a PayPal account just for that...
    It's telling me to click the payment method I prefer, but it's only giving me PP as an option.

I just paid by credit card I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Me too. I could be easily recognised.

I'm really not being smart here, but if you don't want to be recognised why do you post pictures of yourself? I really, really don't get that.

* not getting at you specifically Jane, there's lots of people who post in pi and elsewhere about stuff they say they dont want friends/family to know, but they are so identifiable by a search thru past posts which shows pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

sam34 wrote: »
    I'm really not being smart here, but if you don't want to be recognised why do you post pictures of yourself? I really, really don't get that.

* not getting at you specifically Jane, there's lots of people who post in pi and elsewhere about stuff they say they dont want friends/family to know, but they are so identifiable by a search thru past posts which shows pics.

Yeah my urge to sometimes post a photo in KYL is always eradicated by trying to maintain a sliver of anonymity, at least I'm not recognised in the street! :) I've posted in it twice but one in fancy dress and one from veeeery far away, once a photo is up that's it, there's no more doubt with anyone you might know IRL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

So many username changes!

mortified by the amount of weight i've put on recently. time to buck things up

sam34 wrote: »

I'm going to request that all those be deleted. Before I didn't mind, it's just recently I've gotten paranoid tbh.

Don't think you'd have to request it Jane, I'd say if you search through the thread yourself you'd find your own posts and could delete them yourself. Photos I post up here are always photobucket (I've only posted 2 in KYL) so if down the line I wanted to delete the photos, I just delete the photobucket photo and they're gone.

Don't think you'd have to request it Jane, I'd say if you search through the thread yourself you'd find your own posts and could delete them yourself. Photos I post up here are always photobucket (I've only posted 2 in KYL) so if down the line I wanted to delete the photos, I just delete the photobucket photo and they're gone.

I was told earlier that after 48 hours posts can't be edited.. Mine are all attachments anyway though, didn't use photobucket.. :/

• Advertisement

Ah well, shouldn't be a big deal to get them deleted anyway.

Also, I've just gone back to try to edit/delete older posts of mine and not had a problem. Edit: just went back a bit further and I can't edit/delete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement