Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Don't think you'd have to request it Jane, I'd say if you search through the thread yourself you'd find your own posts and could delete them yourself. Photos I post up here are always photobucket (I've only posted 2 in KYL) so if down the line I wanted to delete the photos, I just delete the photobucket photo and they're gone.

I was told earlier that after 48 hours posts can't be edited.. Mine are all attachments anyway though, didn't use photobucket.. :/

I load mine to boards, I then link them to said post, I let my boards photos be available for a few days then lock them again also when I get fed up with a photo I delete it from my boards account. Also at the same time delete it from any post it's linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I've put in for a username change too. I know I've posted photos and I won't delete them for the moment, but those same photos can be seen by strangers on Facebook too, and I have no problem with this (they're hardly private or incriminating). I just don't like my current username being so close to my actual name.

And I was told to change my avatar because this one is 'pretty' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

EmilyO wrote: »
    I've put in for a username change too. I know I've posted photos and I won't delete them for the moment, but those same photos can be seen by strangers on Facebook too, and I have no problem with this (they're hardly private or incriminating). I just don't like my current username being so close to my actual name.

And I was told to change my avatar because this one is 'pretty' :D

Actually I might leave the photos. I've changed my privacy settings so that only members can see them. I feel the same about my name too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ok, so sometimes I really love my job, like now, when I'm just finished playing with a princess castle and blue and pink glitter :):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

*sigh* I just bought train tickets to Cork, they're costing more than the hotel is! :mad: Could've got them 40 euro cheaper if I'd just thought of doing it last night. Stupid country!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Gongoozler wrote: »
    *sigh* I just bought train tickets to Cork, they're costing more than the hotel is! :mad: Could've got them 40 euro cheaper if I'd just thought of doing it last night. Stupid country!!
    Train fares are a feckin joke in this country! :mad:

Decided on my username :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Posy wrote: »

They really are. I pay 18.30 return to Dublin each week (including student discount) during the college term, for the pleasure of sitting next to some haughty commuter tucking into his salt and vinegar Tayto and encroaching on my personal space with his newspaper, while the sixteen kids behind me break the sound barrier.

I need a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They can be a joke elsewhere too... paid more than £18 last weekend for a single from Gatwick Airport to Crystal Palace, which is roughly a 30-40 minute journey if timed right... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Africa's not going to know what hit it! :D

Good luck lady, you'll rock it.

Hope you're feeling okay missus. Do you feel like it was enough. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the counsellor thinks is enough, it's you. I had an experience with a counsellor when I was younger where I went to him and he finished up telling me that I was grand, and it just made me think that the negative emotions and thoughts I was having was to do with me being rubbish at life in general. It also made me reluctant to look for other help because I was sure I'd be laughed at or told I was being a drama queen.

I'll never forget my GP's face when I went to him finally (17 years after I had last talked to anyone) and I filled in the questionnaire he gave me. He said I was one question away from him referring me to the hospital. It was scary, but it was also a relief to know how I was feeling wasn't the norm, that there was something there that could be fixed. God, the relief!
    bluewolf wrote: »
    counselling is very useful. glad it went so well. go again whenever you need to or even just to let things out.

AA as a broker are always the cheapest for me

sorry to hear it java, throw a hissy fit and have hysterics at them if they dont get on with it tonight/tomorrow
    xx

Thank you both for your replies.

I was actually referred for counselling by my gp back in December when I was going through a tough time and I only got my appointment last week. I worked my way through things with the help of friends and family and the counsellor today said I use very healthy coping methods and the fact that I have a very open relationship with my mother is really positve.

I was given one of those questionnaires to fill in and I honestly did not feel the need to tick any of the boxes which concerned aspects of being/feeling mentally unwell. I've never been depressed but simply needed to vent and shed a few tears and I feel better for it. At the end of the two hour session she asked me what I think the next step should be and I said I didn't have anything else to talk about and was happy with my session and didn't feel the need for further sessions atm and she agreed but said not to hesitate to come back if needed.

Overall it was a positive experience and I actually feel quite proud of myself for going and also by talking about everything that I've dealt in my short life has made me realise how proud I should be of the person I am today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Got my deed poll today :) name's legally been changed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Posy wrote: »

They really are. 107 euro for two returns. Crazy money.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Fcuk my tree trunk legs :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am really recognisable on this site as I've posted both pictures and really personal information. It worried me a bit in the beginning, when it hit me that I wasn't completely anonymous but now I don't mind. :) Whatever, I am who I am, online, offline, everywhere!

I understand why others like/want anonymity though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I've had such an up and down few days, I don't know where my head is at the moment! So many things in my life are falling apart and there's nothing I can do about that, I hate feeling so utterly powerless. I just don't know what to do :/ It's incredibly frustrating because the person I talk to when I'm feeling like this and need advice or support can't be contacted and is thousands of miles away, bahhh. :(

However, there is a chance that I'll be offered a job for the next few weeks and that would be phenomenally fantastic! If it happens it'll be flexible and although I won't make much money over the few weeks, it'll be there waiting for me in fourth year too when I come home from France. It would actually be the most perfect thing ever and it would look brilliant on my CV so I really hope I get it. I don't want to be specific just because I don't know what way it'll go but it would just be such a nice boost, especially because I was specifically chosen for it, so it feels nice to have been thought of so highly. Fingers crossed, anyway. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

whats wrong them?

mmmm tiger beer and microwave popcorn :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Funny day :)

Was working from home when the OH came up with a locket watch I'd bought from adverts and given his name for postage.

His coworker collected the post (he works from home) so he opened up this package with a return address from a lady, then had a panic attack as to why some unknown woman was sending him a locket.

After about ten minutes he remembered I'd bought such an item :D

I'm still laughing :)

I worked from home today, and went out at lunch as I do and bought some rock buns as a treat.

He's never had them, and is now happily gorging on them, thinks they are lovely.

Sometimes it's those little things :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

whats wrong them?

mmmm tiger beer and microwave popcorn :)

They stopped the nicest jeans ever fitting me and the next size up is sold out! I'm actually gutted and I never get like this. Maybe I need to lose weight. Get rid of the tree trunks and all the fat around my belly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Sometimes I wanna punch people right in the face!

STOP SCREAMING ON THE PHONE! It's a call centre, we all have to talk and listen here, NOT JUST YOU!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Bahahaha just finished reading through a whole load of old diary entries. They're so pretentious :pac:

Links234 wrote: »
    Got my deed poll today :) name's legally been changed :D

Yay, congratulations Links! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gongoozler wrote: »
    They really are. 107 euro for two returns. Crazy money.

Yes,the cork to dublin tickets really really are a rip off,75 euro I had to pay last time :mad:
    They stopped the nicest jeans ever fitting me and the next size up is sold out! I'm actually gutted and I never get like this. Maybe I need to lose weight. Get rid of the tree trunks and all the fat around my belly

ah there fine I'm sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My boss' youngfella was up on stage with Springsteen last night. :D
    That is SO adorable. My boss went to his gig in LA with a sign saying "I want to dance with Gary" and she got pulled onstage to dance with him, completely bypassing Bruce! About 3.50 on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmp6OH15jaM
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Planning my 2014 career change to entertain me.
    What's it going to be?
    Scarinae wrote: »
    it sounds like that horrible banana medicine you'd get when you were a kid!
    I used to love that stuff! I wonder what it was...
    Google tells me it was probably an anti-biotic.

Java, I hope baby Zoe gets to make an appearance soon!
    Links, congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I knoe exactly what you're going through, MCRBaby. I recommend Motivation. Expensive but they know their stuff. I only lost 1lb this week but I'm still down by 22lbs. They suggest a diet that consists of high protein, low carbs (for me, it's no more than 2 portions a day) and only about 200mls of skimmed milk. Along with this, regular excercise, a multivitamin, calcium supplements and two protein supplements a day.

Try reading the testimonials here: http://www.motivation.ie/en-ie/
    I find they're good for getting motivated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The "dead baby jokes" facebook page is fcuking hilarious, not the jokes, of which there are few, but the outrage from people (mostly with appalling grammar) who are wishing death on people for it, I'm in tears laughing at some of the comments and comebacks on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I have the same problem, straight legs are like skinny jeans, I have a wide calf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    What's it going to be?

If only I knew!

Just saw the trailer for the US version of The Inbetweeners and I am not impressed. It's mostly all the same jokes but it's just not funny at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Just saw the trailer for the US version of The Inbetweeners and I am not impressed. It's mostly all the same jokes but it's just not funny at all.

I saw it too. It doesn't translate well at all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement