Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

they opened a new hospital wing in Beaumont hospital for needy people and called it PhysiologyRocks. Think it was after Maple cause she's studying physiology.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Ella Bella wrote: »
    they opened a new hospital wing in Beaumont hospital for needy people and called it PhysiologyRocks. Think it was after Maple cause she's studying physiology.

:p
    I'm mildly confused, but your use of my username (which, by the by, is also the name on my birth cert) comforts me.

Wishing Javagal happy reproduction. :)

javagal wrote: »
    oh my god, this place is a nightmare. I estimate that a baby cries or a woman screams every 52seconds.
    and even though I was shown how my lamp works, they never turn off the light so I think maybe that's a joke the midwives have.

maybe the convent was a better choice ella bella!
    Defo not! The convent type place left my mam in labour with me in the corridor for 48 hours cause she was an unmarried mother. Just stick your headphones on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Defo not! The convent type place left my mam in labour with me in the corridor for 48 hours cause she was an unmarried mother. Just stick your headphones on :)

Seriously??! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I just found my very first post on boards. It's shameful stuff. Incorrect use of punctuation and the grammatically incorrect use of "their" instead of "there". Also, it contains the use of "da" instead of "the".

I dislike the 16 year old me.

• Advertisement

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

Seriously??! :eek:
    Yup. But you have to remember I was born in 1979 so things were pretty backwards back then.

I turned out ok tho :)

*rocks back and forth in the corner*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I just found my very first post on boards. It's shameful stuff. Incorrect use of punctuation and the grammatically incorrect use of "their" instead of "there". Also, it contains the use of "da" instead of "the".

This made me search through my first few posts, there's one from 3 years and 10 months ago about going for a drink with a cute boy and having a lazy Sunday with him, that's the one I'm marrying now! :) Yesterday was our 4 year anniversary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm pretty sure my first post was in AH, where I naively wandered into a thread about some kind of nuclear conflict. I think Israel was involved.

It was not fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That's never good..

I looked back at a forum I was on where I waged a stupid war with my first few posts, I was the wrong side of 16 as well..I prefer to pretend it never happened :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I first posted about saying thank you to bus drivers.

I am still as mannerly as ever! :pac:

• Advertisement

Yup. But you have to remember I was born in 1979 so things were pretty backwards back then.

I turned out ok tho :)

*rocks back and forth in the corner*

Still.. Jeez that's mad to think that could happen though.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    This made me search through my first few posts, there's one from 3 years and 10 months ago about going for a drink with a cute boy and having a lazy Sunday with him, that's the one I'm marrying now! :) Yesterday was our 4 year anniversary :)

Awww.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

My first Boards post was about Metallica :rolleyes:

I'm really hungry now and have nothing to nibble on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

dfx- wrote: »

That's never good..

I looked back at a forum I was on where I waged a stupid war with my first few posts..I prefer to pretend it never happened :o

No it's not good! I used the phrase any1. :(

I was looking for band members. I had a few sessions with the guy who replied and tHen I never saw him again.

I do remember asking him through text what his favourite band was. He text back "I love u2". I was thoroughly confused for 5 minutes thinking to myself that I'd only known him for a week and thinking he's a bit forward and moves quickly. Then I copped that he meant the band!

My first post was about my Art History exam for my Leaving Cert just over 6 years ago.. It was in text speak and I hate that!! :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mine was about buying a house- I'm glad I didn't in retrospect! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Mine was about enjoying the 10th episode of The Big Bang Theory. I got given out to shortly afterwards for linking to an illegal streaming site! Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I just found mine... I was talking about Terry Pratchett :o I only lurked in the Literature forum when I first started here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I do NOT want to get out of bed and go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Oooooooo

New name

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Hilarious - I just had a look at my first post - It was in a "Southside bs Northside" thread.... 7 years ago! I joined boards when I was doing my leaving cert to get "tips and hints".... clearly.... looking back it was just another dossing method!!

• Advertisement

I wonder do I have my new name yet... My phone keeps me logged in...

Edit: Yay! :D

I wonder do people know who I am now... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My first posts were spamming about my comic, claiming to have an Angela Lansbury themed desktop and reminiscing about Angel from Home and Away. Heh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

All the best to javagal, hope everything goes wonderfully for you <3 xx

Have a blast in London Das Kitty! :D

I'm in a strange mood today and I'm going to get an eye test, pick out new glasses, buy a few things that are on my "essentials for Paris" list, making a trip to the post office and the bank and seeing The Dark Knight Rises tonight in what will be a packed cinema. That's far too much social interaction for my brain to handle today, methinks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So jealous Das. I really wanna go back to London.

Actually, I really just wanna go on a holiday. Anywhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I wonder do I have my new name yet... My phone keeps me logged in...

Edit: Yay! :D

I wonder do people know who I am now... :o

Just so you know, if your trying to become a little more anonymous, your profile still has your name, email address etc

Just so you know, if your trying to become a little more anonymous, your profile still has your name, email address etc

I know, I need to change that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just looked back on my first posts. Oh the shame. Text speak everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Acoshla wrote: »

Aw now that's pretty cool.

My very first post did involve my bf too, it was when we first started seeing each other and I was travelling down on the train. First post was in commuting and transport and was about bring my great dane on the train. Needless to say, he has never been on the train :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

My first post was about crashing off my bike and tearing up my arm. Only 3 years ago...

• Advertisement

stop changing your names ffs i am easily confused :mad:

has anyone been to: solas, grafton lounge, or il baccaro, or gourmet burger, and what are the chances of getting a table at any of them without booking this evening

german is awesome we played bingo with verbs that have attaching prepositions. i won a sweety but i had to run off for my bus so i didnt get a sweety

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement