Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

^ Sorry.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My first post on my original account was 11 years ago, involved txtspk and whining about going into 6th year... think the first one on this account was on the games forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Blue I've been to Solas a few times when I was in college. Nice food but never needed to book a table. Might be different at night though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

javagal wrote: »
    hey everyone,
    just checking in. in hospital in bed waiting on doctor to come and see me-

try post again in the next few days!

Hope everything goes well!
    cynder wrote: »
    Oooooooo

New name

:D

Ditto :D I changed my avatar before my name so I'm assuming people still know who I am!

My first post was about LC procrastination. Aaaand I used proper spelling and grammar. 'Cause I'm cool like that.

Anyone hear about those shootings in Denver at the batman movie? I first saw it on AH and the sick jokes once again are making me despair for humanity. The shooting is awfully sad, the world is a f***ed up place...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Best of luck javagal!!!! Enjoy London DK, be careful with public transport and planning trips, loads of warnings about how busy it is going to get with the Olympics!

Looking forward to getting back over already!!! I'm completely dopey again this morning, fell asleep in the recliner about 1.30ish and slept till about 6am. Must go in and play with kitty :D Anybody in the general area welcome to come and play with her!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

bluewolf wrote: »
    has anyone been to: solas, grafton lounge, or il baccaro, or gourmet burger, and what are the chances of getting a table at any of them without booking this evening

What time for Solas? Should be easy before 7-7.30pm say..

I haven't slept since yesterday - writing up my thesis fixing references, I have a meeting at 3pm to discuss said thesis, Rovers match at 7pm and I don't like coffee.

Is it possible to sleep standing up yet? :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm not finished work until 5.30pm but as far as I'm concerned, I'm in holiday mode.

*eats chocolate*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

stop changing your names ffs i am easily confused :mad:

has anyone been to: solas, grafton lounge, or il baccaro, or gourmet burger, and what are the chances of getting a table at any of them without booking this evening

Solas and Grafton Lounge should be okay once you're there early enough. Dunno about the other two. (Grafton Lounge is a load of balls btw! )

Larianne wrote: »
    Solas and Grafton Lounge should be okay once you're there early enough. Dunno about the other two. (Grafton Lounge is a load of balls btw! )

is it not nice? the picture looked nice :(
    i wanted a nice atmosphere so we can yak away and possibly have cocktails and nice food
    is solas the better idea then
    meeting at 530, i have to leave around 815 to go get the bus for BATMAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ilyana wrote: »
    Anyone hear about those shootings in Denver at the batman movie? I first saw it on AH and the sick jokes once again are making me despair for humanity. The shooting is awfully sad, the world is a f***ed up place...

That is horrific. Fourteen dead including at least one child :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Just reading about it! So horrible! A baby was shot at close range wtf??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Saw it online when I was checking the papers - in Colorado - 14 dead, 50 injured, and the apartment complex of the shooter evacuated because of the risk of explosive devices in the place because of him
    dfx- wrote: »
    Is it possible to sleep standing up yet? :eek: :pac:

Fit in a cat nap, about 30 or 40 mins, works for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Ive been out all morning must look up the news, sounds horrific :(

thinking of you javagal, hope mini java arrives soon.

Im liking the 4 pink stars under my name :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Dolbert wrote: »
    That is horrific. Fourteen dead including at least one child :(
    tomissex wrote: »
    Just reading about it! So horrible! A baby was shot at close range wtf??
    Saw it online when I was checking the papers - in Colorado - 14 dead, 50 injured, and the apartment complex of the shooter evacuated because of the risk of explosive devices in the place because of him

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Absolutely shocking to hear about those shootings in America, when I saw the thread title I thought it was a joke or something. Madness, and so, so sad.

I was such a bitch to my mam earlier, completely bit her head off. I didn't even explain why I was so upset with her so she's probably raging with me. And we were getting on so well lately too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mental about those shootings, one of the victims was a 3 month old baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    Mental about those shootings, one of the victims was a 3 month old baby.

It is awful about the shootings, and this is completely off that topic, but who brings a 3 month old baby to a midnight movie screening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm after reading a few different reports that he went on the rampage because he couldn't get into the film. So awful.

Heartbreaking stuff, haven't shed tears at the news in a while, this is just awful...

Acoshla wrote: »
    It is awful about the shootings, and this is completely off that topic, but who brings a 3 month old baby to a midnight movie screening?

I took my 3 month old to see Disney's Tarzan 13 years ago, it was early afternoon. I never took the kids to any screenings after 5. Not until the eldest turned 12, I take her to the 8 or 9 pm screenings.

If the cinema allows it then people will bring their kids yo late night movies, I took my eldest to see fright night it was a 9 pm screening, there was a toddler in there.

• Advertisement

I would have thought it was people who wanted to see the movie but couldn't get a baby sitter.

I thought it would've been very disruptive to a baby's routine to bring it to a showing as late as that, I'm all for kids that can sleep through noise but most adults couldn't sleep through a movie with loud noises, explosions, etc, never mind a baby.

Yeh. I'm not a fan of bringing kids to the cinema until they can understand what's going on.

From my experience they get very distracted.

Brought my sister to see 101 Dalmatian's when she was 3ish. Ran around the cinema for the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I thought it would've been very disruptive to a baby's routine to bring it to a showing as late as that, I'm all for kids that can sleep through noise but most adults couldn't sleep through a movie with loud noises, explosions, etc, never mind a baby.

You can get baby ear muffs, maybe they had those. The parents are probably die-hard fans with the mother breastfeeding.

I have no problem with people bring kids to the cinema (I just avoid all showings that might have them:D), I was just thinking that for the parents it'd be an awkward showing to go to with one. Meh, just wondered really.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

is it not nice? the picture looked nice :(
    i wanted a nice atmosphere so we can yak away and possibly have cocktails and nice food
    is solas the better idea then
    meeting at 530, i have to leave around 815 to go get the bus for BATMAN

Ah, its not somewhere I would go. The barstaff were not nice and people seemed to just go there to be seen type of thing.

How about that place in Ranlegh, Copan? Meant to be nice. Not that far from town.

My Dad brought myself and my brother to Fairview cinema to see the first Batman movie. I was 5 or 6 I think. Apparently I spent the whole time running up and down the aisle. :o

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'd never bring a kid to a movie unless it was one of those mother and baby mornings, or a matinee for kids.

Its unfair on others that have paid good money for a night out. And I'd want to see the movie too with a bit of peace and quiet to enjoy it.

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah, its not somewhere I would go. The barstaff were not nice and people seemed to just go there to be seen type of thing.

How about that place in Ranlegh, Copan? Meant to be nice. Not that far from town.

My Dad brought myself and my brother to Fairview cinema to see the first Batman movie. I was 5 or 6 I think. Apparently I spent the whole time running up and down the aisle. :o

I'll give solas a go then, it's on the hi life discount yokey
    don't want to do any travelling whatsoever as i need to get the bus from town at 815 or earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I was four or five when I was first taken to a movie. It was an lunch time show I slept through most of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Hottest optician EVER, I'm still figuratively fanning myself. He was also very lovely and helpful. I'm picking up my new glasses in a few hours, can't wait :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement