Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Found Coco Pops Mega Munchers in the supermarket, I'm so happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

WinterSong wrote: »
    Hottest optician EVER, I'm still figuratively fanning myself. He was also very lovely and helpful. I'm picking up my new glasses in a few hours, can't wait :)

I work across from a specsavers and theres a guy who works there like a less muscley Bressie. Better than the real thing. Nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Greetings from beautiful Palestine :) I'm here in Beit sahour just outside bethleham in the west bank. I'm officially in love with this place!
    Today is the first day of Ramadan. It's my first time fasting, inshallah it's not too difficult even with 45degree heat and no ac.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Pinkheels, do you mind me asking what 'inshallah' means? I've googled it and got about 20 different definitions, but was wondering if it's something similar to 'luckily' or 'thanks to God' or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Greetings from beautiful Palestine :) I'm here in Beit sahour just outside bethleham in the west bank. I'm officially in love with this place!
    Today is the first day of Ramadan. It's my first time fasting, inshallah it's not too difficult even with 45degree heat and no ac.

No babies to be born in 9/10/11 months time ... I bet the birth rate picks up after Ramadan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Pinkheels, do you mind me asking what 'inshallah' means? I've googled it and got about 20 different definitions, but was wondering if it's something similar to 'luckily' or 'thanks to God' or similar?

"God willing" I think.

Oh my God one of the victims at the cinema survived a mass shooting in Toronto last month :eek::( Who shoots a baby at point blank in the back, wtf.

Jessibelle wrote: »

Yep as acoshla noted it means god willing in Arabic :)

cynder wrote: »
    No babies to be born in 9/10/11 months time ... I bet the birth rate picks up after Ramadan.

Husbands and wives are permitted to have sex after sunset and before sunrise actually.

Yep as acoshla noted it means god willing in Arabic :)

my grandparents are always saying it
    i think grandfather speaks some though
    Husbands and wives are permitted to have sex after sunset and before sunrise actually.
    but do they have the energy is the question
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Ah, it's nearly the weekend. Can't wait to be able to have a lie-in and maybe a little wander around the second hand bookstore and the record shop in town. I might watch A Clockwork Orange, I just finished the book and I've never seen the film. Hopefully it won't scar me too much! :P

I'm envisaging a nice evening with a cup of Barry's tea (of course I brought a box with me!) and my book. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I'm giving consideration to backpacking around mainland Europe for a month or so with a seasoned-traveller friend. That's what people do when they finish college at 27, right? Right?? :p

Wow, my mam just wandered into my bedroom with a Topshop bag and tells me she's bought me a present! A new bag, a pair of jeans and a jumper! So out of the blue but SO NICE! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I'm giving consideration to backpacking around mainland Europe for a month or so with a seasoned-traveller friend. That's what people do when they finish college at 27, right? Right?? :p

Only when they're as cool as you :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

of course :)

my friend did it last year and i think she was 27 at the time, just finished her masters
    except it was 6 months and around the world... :)
    go for it!
    i would like to do a big travel when i qualify i think

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh my God one of the victims at the cinema survived a mass shooting in Toronto last month :eek::( Who shoots a baby at point blank in the back, wtf.

the same sort of psycho that booby traps his whole apartment!

Her last blog post was about that shooting http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/late-night-thoughts-on-the-eaton-center-shooting/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

WesternNight, there's no age limit on travelling!

Too many people have changed their names at once, I'm very confused.

The Colorado shooting is a horrible story, with some awful BS being sprouted on all sides. Some people will make anything about themselves.

I saw the film earlier and it was great. Not as a good as Dark Knight but very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »

there's bad luck, and there's that person, what are the odds of that like.

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    there's bad luck, and there's that person, what are the odds of that like.

Final Destination stuff, when it's your time it's your time.

• Advertisement

Yay!.jpeg

11,000!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

confetti.gifWoo, Novella!!! confetti.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Eddie Rockets, providing ALL the noms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

just had nachos in there myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Going to a fancy restaurant for fancy steaks later, nom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

just had nachos in there myself :D

I got the pineapple burger. It sounds so wrong but it's amaaaazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

So I'm working tonight, and I'm off next Friday, and I'm working the Friday after that, and then the Friday after that is the first day of my holidays :D (And yes I am an absolute saddo counting down the days, and tomorrow I will do the exact same thing for how many Saturdays till holidays :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Only 2.5 hours until I get to see my gf. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

So, scoffing a bit of choccy right before licking the envelope you're posting an official letter in may not be the best idea...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Albection wrote: »
    Only 2.5 hours until I get to see my gf. :D:D
    I thought I was your girlfriend :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement