Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Am off to the hairdressers in the morning, I think I might have found a nice one after YEARS of searching :) I might not be back for all the preening in the mirror if that's the case!! :D

Did java have the bean yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm going to one morning session of athletics (the bank holiday Monday) - can't wait :)

I'd originally planned to book the 2 weeks of the Olympics off work and vegetate on my sofa for it, but changing job in July kinda nixed that plan! Pretty much did that for the Beijing games 4 years ago, was on the dole at the time so spent 2 weeks with a flipped body clock so I could watch as much as I wanted :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm going to one morning session of athletics (the bank holiday Monday) - can't wait :)

I hate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I feel nearly guilty leaving the kitten on its own in the kitchen!! Question - she's 10 weeks, and my brother is feeding her cat food, I know we had specific kitten food, anyone know if thats okay for her to be eating cat food??? Think we should be feeding her more than she is getting, she wolfed down the food earlier!

You should only give her kitten food, adult food will run right through her and she wont get what she needs from it. (I've made the same mistake, that is NOT a nice litter box to clean, trust me!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'd originally planned to book the 2 weeks of the Olympics off work and vegetate on my sofa for it, but changing job in July kinda nixed that plan! Pretty much did that for the Beijing games 4 years ago, was on the dole at the time so spent 2 weeks with a flipped body clock so I could watch as much as I wanted :pac:

You lucky sod.

I'm abroad with work, for the whole fecking lot of the olympics, I'd the same plan as you. No English language sports channels and ****e internet so I'll miss pretty much the whole lot :(

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    You should only give her kitten food, adult food will run right through her and she wont get what she needs from it. (I've made the same mistake, that is NOT a nice litter box to clean, trust me!)

+1 to this. If you can afford it, a good quality kitten food is well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Stheno wrote: »
    Am off to the hairdressers in the morning, I think I might have found a nice one after YEARS of searching :) I might not be back for all the preening in the mirror if that's the case!! :D

Did java have the bean yet?

Finding a good hairdresser is amazing. Found mine in April:cool:

You lucky thing!

Upside (if there is one) to being out of work rehabilitating is that I get to watch all the olympics I want :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm planning on sitting on the sofa for most of it, taking control of the television!! Jealous about the athletics! Problem will be having enough televisions - gonna have to get planning and see what events I want to see, though with BBC red button, they seem to keep looping the sports during the night, which will be good!

Gonna actually look and see if I can get tickets for a weekend thing at the Paralympics - might as well take advantage seeing that I'm going to be there! If I do I do, if I don't I'll prob go down to the olympic park at some stage anyway to have a look :D thanks for the idea!

Thanks - she had gone off the milk, but I've put some down and she had it, I'll get the cats owner to get some kitten food tomorrow! Parts of the pads of her paws are kind of a dark colour at the moment, kinda brown, should I be worried do you know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Does anyone know when Katie Taylor is boxing? Had a look at RTE's coverage there and don't see a mention of her up to 4th August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Who would like to give me a cuddle???! :D

I just want one!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

+1 to this. If you can afford it, a good quality kitten food is well worth it.

Think it was kitkat we had before - green packaging. tbh, I don't think she will be here much longer, really wasn't a wise decision on the side of my brothers gf in buying her. With Mam being so unstable when around the kitchen at the best of times, with the cat being there, she can't really do much in peace

Does anyone know when Katie Taylor is boxing? Had a look at RTE's coverage there and don't see a mention of her up to 4th August

5th August - first fight is at 2.30pm - Womens 60kg category. Draws haven't been made as to who she is fighting yet

I'll give ya one, I'm sitting here cuddling my foot length stuffed dog :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Sending out all of the cuddles into the universe in the hope of getting one back :P

One of those nights.

Cuddles to you too LMP!! :)

I'm planning on sitting on the sofa for most of it, taking control of the television!! Jealous about the athletics! Problem will be having enough televisions - gonna have to get planning and see what events I want to see, though with BBC red button, they seem to keep looping the sports during the night, which will be good!

Gonna actually look and see if I can get tickets for a weekend thing at the Paralympics - might as well take advantage seeing that I'm going to be there! If I do I do, if I don't I'll prob go down to the olympic park at some stage anyway to have a look :D thanks for the idea!

Thanks - she had gone off the milk, but I've put some down and she had it, I'll get the cats owner to get some kitten food tomorrow! Parts of the pads of her paws are kind of a dark colour at the moment, kinda brown, should I be worried do you know??
    No that's just her becoming a proper cat, and getting around and about so the baby pink paws of a baby kitten are getting wear and tear, same as our feet if we don't wear socks :)

Is it cat milk you've been giving her? If not, stop, cats can be lactose intolerant, and the runny poo can be horrific.
    Think it was kitkat we had before - green packaging. tbh, I don't think she will be here much longer, really wasn't a wise decision on the side of my brothers gf in buying her. With Mam being so unstable when around the kitchen at the best of times, with the cat being there, she can't really do much in peace

Sorry about your Mum, I'm not great at keeping up in here, all you can do is feed the little animal as best you can.

If you do need to rehome her, (by you, I mean your family) use the likes of the pet forum on here, and all your local resources, I think I saw you are in Kilkenny, I can give you a few names if that's any help?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from batman,it was good but nowhere near film of the year for me anyway,the last film is still better :D

You should slowly wean her off milk. Dilute it down with water until it's just water.

and that's just her feet getting dirty from exploring, a good thing! :D

Cuddles for everybody!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Batman was UNREAL

To those who saw Batman.....if ye ruin the film for me....I WILL HUNT YE DOWN AND GO LIAM NEESON FROM TAKEN ON YOUR ASSES!!!!!! :mad::pac:

No that's just her becoming a proper cat, and getting around and about so the baby pink paws of a baby kitten are getting wear and tear, same as our feet if we don't wear socks :)

Is it cat milk you've been giving her? If not, stop, cats can be lactose intolerant, and the runny poo can be horrific.

Sorry about your Mum, I'm not great at keeping up in here, all you can do is feed the little animal as best you can.

If you do need to rehome her, (by you, I mean your family) use the likes of the pet forum on here, and all your local resources, I think I saw you are in Kilkenny, I can give you a few names if that's any help?

No, its the cat milk that we have been giving her, she went off it for a while bceause my brother was just putting more milk into the plate rather than cleaning it and putting fresh milk on.

I'm from Cork, not Kilkenny! :D

Found athletics tickets for the Paralympics for £30, or wheelchair rugby for £15 on Sat 9th Sept - might see what ones are there on the weekend of 1/2 Sept - starting in school on the 3rd :D

Funny thing just happened to my fingers while I was typing - middle finger of my left hand started twitching of its own accord, couldn't stop it for about 30 seconds, still feels funny :eek:

• Advertisement

To those who saw Batman.....if ye ruin the film for me....I WILL HUNT YE DOWN AND GO LIAM NEESON FROM TAKEN ON YOUR ASSES!!!!!! :mad::pac:

:D

No, its the cat milk that we have been giving her, she went off it for a while bceause my brother was just putting more milk into the plate rather than cleaning it and putting fresh milk on.

I'm from Cork, not Kilkenny! :D

Found athletics tickets for the Paralympics for £30, or wheelchair rugby for £15 on Sat 9th Sept - might see what ones are there on the weekend of 1/2 Sept - starting in school on the 3rd :D

Funny thing just happened to my fingers while I was typing - middle finger of my left hand started twitching of its own accord, couldn't stop it for about 30 seconds, still feels funny :eek:

Jeepers, I'm so sorry.

Anyway if you need help rehoming and can hold on while a new home is found Cork Animal Care may be able to help you.

Those prices are good for tickets! I'd go to both if I could to be honest :)

That happens to me sometimes, it's a stress thing with me, when I relax it happens.

So after a string of silly arguments, nights spent fighting and days spent not talking the boyfriend has been given the heave-ho.

Pass the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

So after a string of silly arguments, nights spent fighting and days spent not talking the boyfriend has been given the heave-ho.

Pass the cake.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQryHtOAdGZyLkJqw8tV5i_N8ecd2iOMMrkslsW6RDpRM-lb56y

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Pass the cake.

rainbow_cake1244931180.jpg

A colourful cake to make you feel better x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Pass the cake.

Awh, I'm so sorry to hear that Sarah. Hugs for you. And mind yourself. Love yourself lots xxx

tumblr_ldmvzbASCg1qbru86o1_400.png

Jeepers, I'm so sorry.

Anyway if you need help rehoming and can hold on while a new home is found Cork Animal Care may be able to help you.

Those prices are good for tickets! I'd go to both if I could to be honest :)

That happens to me sometimes, it's a stress thing with me, when I relax it happens.

Don't worry!!! I'd say we'd get somewhere for her without much hassle, brother has a lot of friends that would take her afaik, but thanks for the info!!

Thanks ladies.

God, you'd think someone who is a man would not behave like a boy HALF HIS AGE. Grrrrrr.

*sniff*

BATMAN

judge dredd!!

had great evening catching up with friend again from singapore missed her so much !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks ladies.

God, you'd think someone who is a man would not behave like a boy HALF HIS AGE. Grrrrrr.

*sniff*
    Aaaw, here's a tissue. 1386-0907-0102-2126.jpg

Hope you're okay. xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement