Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »
    wow, saw Batman... was a huge letdown :(

parts were excellent, overall I enjoyed it, but yeah some of it was stupid, I hated how spoonfed studios think audiences need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

WEEKEND IS HERE! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Greetings from London!

The hotel is like a cross between a rodeo and the Industrial Zone in the Crystal Maze. It's lovely.

Went to the Desiging Bond exhibition in the Barbican yesterday, it was brilliant. Then we had two £9 Martinis (shaken, not stirred natch). Well. I hadn't even drank a third of it and I was drunk. After the remaining 2/3 I was hammered. Mike was hammered. We had a very fun walk back to the hotel giggling at nothing. Ha ha.

Then we had our dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was yuuuuum! Our server looked like a young Cary Elewes. We were still locked, it was so much fun.

Munching on my free Pret a Manger brekkie now.

Hope everyone's well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

5th August - first fight is at 2.30pm - Womens 60kg category. Draws haven't been made as to who she is fighting yet

Oh cool, just popped that into my phone so I don't miss it.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    So after a string of silly arguments, nights spent fighting and days spent not talking the boyfriend has been given the heave-ho.

Pass the cake.

Sorry to hear that Sarah, at least no more arguments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

SarahBeep - hope you're okay.. :) x

And sorry to everyone I'm confusing with the name change.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Greetings from London!

The hotel is like a cross between a rodeo and the Industrial Zone in the Crystal Maze. It's lovely.

Went to the Desiging Bond exhibition in the Barbican yesterday, it was brilliant. Then we had two £9 Martinis (shaken, not stirred natch). Well. I hadn't even drank a third of it and I was drunk. After the remaining 2/3 I was hammered. Mike was hammered. We had a very fun walk back to the hotel giggling at nothing. Ha ha.

Then we had our dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was yuuuuum! Our server looked like a young Cary Elewes. We were still locked, it was so much fun.

Munching on my free Pret a Manger brekkie now.

Hope everyone's well.

That sounds awesome, and I love Pret so am very jealous! Bring me ALL their chocolate brownies!! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The old man is using boards more and more. Posting in some forums I post in. He irritates me more on here than he does IRL as I can't respond the way I would to other people who annoy me seeing as he knows my username. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oooh bf is wearing sexy jeans... ;)

Edit: Since I started logging in with my new username my layout is back to the old one, I wonder what's going on? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

The old man is using boards more and more. Posting in some forums I post in. He irritates me more on here than he does IRL as I can't respond the way I would to other people who annoy me seeing as he knows my username. :(
    Maybe you should change username too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ah Sarah, sorry to hear that but hope you're feeling ok x

My fiance has his stag tonight - half of the lads have pulled out :-( I think I'm more upset than he is. I had an amazing hen night and really wanted him to have the night of his life. Neither of us would have birthday parties or anything as we generally don't like a lot of attention but I really thought for his stag people would have made an effort :mad:

• Advertisement

im going to change my name too! yeah! how about that!

i think something like um, green... tiger. yeah. nobody will ever know me then
    :D

i should study but i dont wana
    i may try out civ5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

All the name changing is confusing bobs!!

finally got my room cleared out a little.. tis lovely to be sitting in a clean room.. tis misrable outsides..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Stheno wrote: »
    Did java have the bean yet?

Wondering also. :confused:

That's disappointing Angel D. I guess a lot of people can't afford to go on stags. People are expected to drink lots, buy rounds for the groom to be and shots etc. But your fiance will still have a good time with his mates and he'll probably prefer a smaller do if he doesn't like attention etc.

Great night out last night. You definitely cannot beat the Irish banter. Also got two numbers. ;)

friend said yesterday she's always wanted to go to india and will have holiday time to spare this year
    i said i also always wanted to go
    she said we should both go
    but i was like oh im going to LA so i cant really
    but sure why not :confused: it's cheaper than i thought
    just suggested it there now :eek:
    seize the day...

Ahhh I love the weekend. Just about to paint my nails, watch some rubbish tv and then tonight it's cocktails with my friends. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Think I'm going to the Street Performers thingy today... However all I REALLY want to do is sit in the park with a coffee, headphones in, and read Hunger Games. Such an exciting weekend :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Think I'm going to the Street Performers thingy today... However all I REALLY want to do is sit in the park with a coffee, headphones in, and read Hunger Games. Such an exciting weekend :p

My daughter's there with her auntie, having a great ol time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Job searching is depressing and should not be an acceptable way to spend a Saturday

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Went and bought tickets for the last day of athletics at the Paralympics - final of the T44 400m, which South African Oscar Pistorius, who is running in the actual Olympics should be in as well. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Heading outside to the sun, and reading my book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Time to start packing for my trip down t'country. Got my Kindle for the coach trip and exactly €2.56 to my name. Hrrrmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

bluewolf wrote: »
    i should study but i dont wana
    i may try out civ5
    Do it! It's not quite as good as Civ IV, but it's definitely worth the steam sale price.

I actually just finally got around to getting the expansion today, don't think I'll be getting a whole lot of useful stuff done this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

just a quick hi, baby zoe arrived last night weighing an impressive 9 pound 10!

very traumatic birth that has me in intensive care, but at least its over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

javagal wrote: »

Congratulations java! Hope you're feeling better soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Congratulations Javagal. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

sillymoo wrote: »
    Maybe you should change username too

Noooo I like my name. Have been using this online for a good 10+ years now. :)

Java congrats on the birth of yer little one. Hope you recover soon - it'll all be worth it when you're staring at her cutey little face. In honour of her birth I have written this programme just for her.
    public class HelloCoffebean {
      public static void main(String[] args) {
        System.out.println("Hello Coffeebean");
      }
    }

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

McChubbin wrote: »
    Time to start packing for my trip down t'country. Got my Kindle for the coach trip and exactly €2.56 to my name. Hrrrmmm.

Do you mind me asking what kind of Kindle do you have? I am giving serious consideration to buying one. Not sure whether to get the Kindle Touch 3g or the Kindle Keyboard 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Miaireland wrote: »
    McChubbin wrote: »

Do you mind me asking what kind of Kindle do you have? I am giving serious consideration to buying one. Not sure whether to get the Kindle Touch 3g or the Kindle Keyboard 3G.

I have Kindle 2 so no keyboard, i had the option of the touch but I didnt take it because i like to touch a book as im reading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

I met a really sound girl in the pub last night, got chatting away and felt like a mate I'd known ages! But then I ended up leaving earlish and I felt kinda of weird asking for her number to keep in touch - I really should have though, it's not often you meet someone you click with. Ahh bugger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Congratulations java, hope you get out of intensive care soon

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »

Huge congratulations! Hope you are doing okay, and your new baby girl too. x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement