Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Congratulations java! Hope you recover quickly :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Congrats java, hope your recovery goes well!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Congrats Java - hope you have a good recovery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Miaireland wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what kind of Kindle do you have? I am giving serious consideration to buying one. Not sure whether to get the Kindle Touch 3g or the Kindle Keyboard 3G.
    I've got the Kindle Touch. Incredibly simple to use and good 3 gig storage capcity. :)

Forgot to add: Congrats, Javagal!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

javagal wrote: »
    just a quick hi, baby zoe arrived last night weighing an impressive 9 pound 10!

very traumatic birth that has me in intensive care, but at least its over!

Congratulations! Welcome baby Zoe :)

I hope you're ok *hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Congrats Javagal!!!! Hope you make a quick recovery and get home with baby Zoe soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congratulations javagal and welcome to the world Zoe (aka Baby Coffeebean). Hope you're feeling better soon javagal. :) xx

Planning on having a couple of drinks tonight. :)

Hope everyone is well today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've never seen Batman & Robin, so I'm gonna watch it now for the laugh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Links234 wrote: »

It's so brilliantly cheesy, I love it! :D

Finished work and off to see Dark Knight Rises shortly, yay! Hitting Nandos for all the noms first though :D

I bought really cool multicoloured drinking straws. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Congrats Java :)

Today is STUNNING and I'm going to a house party/bbq in a while :) Decided I have to start making the effort and going out...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »

Its genuinely one of the worst films ever made. apparently George Clooney will give you six dollars if you tell him you paid to see it in the cinema, he's been doing it for years :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    Its genuinely one of the worst films ever made. apparently George Clooney will give you six dollars if you tell him you paid to see it in the cinema, he's been doing it for years :pac:

:eek: he owes me money so.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Congrats Javagal! I wish you a speedy recovery. :)

That's a big Coffeebean baby. I was at least half that size when I was born! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Yay Javagal and baby Coffebean! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations java!! I hope you're out of ICU soon and able to spend some quality time with Zoe x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Congrats, Java! I hope you and Zoe are doing okay.

AngelD, that's a bummer about your fiancé's stag, did the guys say why?

Bluewolf, stop booking fabulous holidays. It's depressing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Congrats java :)

Still haven't made any progress on dress shopping. Going have a search online and see can I find any, fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Anyone want to come and mind kitteh while I try and clean the house???

If someone could give me 4 days in sunny Barcelona instead of 4 days with the most miserable man in Ireland down in the arsehole of Wicklow, I'll be eternally in your debt.
    Bleh. Don't want to go visit my father. He's such a moan that I limit my visits to twice a year for the sake of my own sanity. The less said about my stepmother, the better... *cries*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Congrats, Java. Get well soon x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Congrats java gal!!! hope you and coffeebean are doing well!!

ventured to the shop and gots me some milk, tea time!!

mc chubbin, i'd love a kindle.. How much are they??

tatabubbly wrote: »

I got my Kindle Touch in Argos for €130. You can get them for cheaper on the Amazon site but I think the postage costs negates any savings.
    One thing you need to know before getting one is this: Make sure you have access to a wi-fi hotspot so you can set up your account and begin downloading books.
    Handily, the Kindle Touch accepts PDF files. My friend in the States sent me the complete works of Kresley Cole's Dark Immortals series. I haven't gotten started on them yet but I've heard good things- they're like 50 Shades without the lack of talent. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Congratulations, get well soon...

congrats java and coffeebean!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

McChubbin wrote: »
    tatabubbly wrote: »

I got my Kindle Touch in Argos for €130. You can get them for cheaper on the Amazon site but I think the postage costs negates any savings.
    One thing you need to know before getting one is this: Make sure you have access to a wi-fi hotspot so you can set up your account and begin downloading books.
    Handily, the Kindle Touch accepts PDF files. My friend in the States sent me the complete works of Kresley Cole's Dark Immortals series. I haven't gotten started on them yet but I've heard good things- they're like 50 Shades without the lack of talent. :P

are they really that cheap? oh thats great!
    might be able to get one on my birthday then!!

i read 50 shades... will have to look into these other books!! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

McChubbin wrote: »
    If someone could give me 4 days in sunny Barcelona instead of 4 days with the most miserable man in Ireland down in the arsehole of Wicklow, I'll be eternally in your debt.
    Bleh. Don't want to go visit my father. He's such a moan that I limit my visits to twice a year for the sake of my own sanity. The less said about my stepmother, the better... *cries*

Do we have the same father? Although I would call mine the most miserable and negative person in Ireland.

Miaireland wrote: »
    Do we have the same father? Although I would call mine the most miserable and negative person in Ireland.
    Well, I'm adopted so I mean my adoptive father. for all I know, I could be related to anyone! :p

In regards to some recommended Kindle Reads, I got An Idiot Abroad by Karl Plinkington for 68c. Also, if anyone likes 50 Shades but wants something a bit steamier, look for a short novel call "Angels, Demons and Doms". None of this "her sex" or "down there" nonsense. It's hot and raunchy and actually somewhat realistic for an erotic fiction. :)

Brother and bf are watching the first round of the World Matchplay darts. They have an added bonus in that Kim Huybrechts' girlfriend is quite a good looking girl.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I want this so bad....
    tumblr_m6vq3lJEye1r0yle9o1_1280.jpg
    Omnomnomnom!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement