Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Watching Mrs Browns Boys to try and cheer myself up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Congrats javagirl. Hope you are ok.

So have caught up with all the name changes, except "oh yeah", anyone want to pm me? :)

So, things are nice busy with me at the mo. It's nice to have somethings fall into place :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Congrats javagirl. Hope you are ok.

So have caught up with all the name changes, except "oh yeah", anyone want to pm me? :)

So, things are nice busy with me at the mo. It's nice to have somethings fall into place :)

Done :D

Good to hear things are falling into place for ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I haven't a clue who oh_yeah is either...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »
    Am off to the hairdressers in the morning, I think I might have found a nice one after YEARS of searching :) I might not be back for all the preening in the mirror if that's the case!! :D

One word, CRAP

I now have a fringe, and layers everywhere in my hair.
    The colour she put in is ok, but the highlights look like absolute ****e.
    After I said yes to a cup of tea, no one gave it to me.
    When I said I didn't like the colour, I was told repeatedly it looked "FAB!!!!!, to take time to get used to it and come back next week if I wanted the highlights undone.
    The hairdresser dried the sides and front of my hair straight and the back curly, so it looked like I'd have dried it straight.
    They had no card machine, nor did they have any notes under fifty to give me change.
    And when the manager asked me what I thought, the hairdresser decided I was a mute and proceeded to talk about how "she doesn't like the colour" repeatedly.

Never ever again, may this new business fall on it's ass.

I had almost shoulder length hair all round, now I've down to my nose length hair at the shortest and ear length at the longest.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

One word, CRAP

When I said I didn't like the colour, I was told repeatedly it looked "FAB!!!!!, to take time to get used to it and come back next week if I wanted the highlights undone.
    The hairdresser dried the sides and front of my hair straight and the back curly, so it looked like I'd have dried it straight.
    They had no card machine, nor did they have any notes under fifty to give me change.
    And when the manager asked me what I thought, the hairdresser decided I was a mute and proceeded to talk about how "she doesn't like the colour" repeatedly.

I had almost shoulder length hair all round, now I've down to my nose length hair at the shortest and ear length at the longest.:(

Go back and complain!! I have serious phobias about my hair being ****ed up after 2 months looking like a boy when I was 4.....

I have unearthed an old dress...and it still feels as amazing as it did 4 years ago!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Go back and complain!! I have serious phobias about my hair being ****ed up after 2 months looking like a boy when I was 4.....

I have unearthed an old dress...and it still feels as amazing as it did 4 years ago!!

I did and got the "come back if you want it changed" response.

I'll just never ever go there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

One word, CRAP

Ah no way! I was so full of hope for you :(

Stick it up on the customer service thread in consumer issues if you so wish (speaking from personal experience, companies do actually read that thread).

Did you pay for the horrible experience?

We're watching a comedian on BBC1 and my boyfriend (who is 11 years older than me) finds him absolutely hilarious and I'm sitting here with no clue what his jokes are about. Generation gap :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

We're watching a comedian on BBC1 and my boyfriend (who is 11 years older than me) finds him absolutely hilarious and I'm sitting here with no clue what his jokes are about. Generation gap :P
    You don't know Jason Byrne?

• Advertisement

Ella Bella wrote: »

No, the guy before him (don't know his name).

Seann Walsh. He does a lot of comedy panel stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jason Byrne barely qualifies as a comedian :pac:

Ilyana wrote: »
    Thanks! Well he's going out tonight too (different town) and I'm gonna be crapping myself! Even though we can both be with other people if we want.

I hope you have fun too, it's better to wait a while than going out this weekend! Give yourself a bit of time :)

Nothing better than the good old rebound shift!

Skadoosh! wrote: »

Jason Byrne barely qualifies as a comedian :pac:
    I like him.

/ the divide between you and I gets deeper....

I like him.

/ the divide between you and I gets deeper....

he's awful, I hate comedians who can only try get laughs when they pick on the audience. years ago we saw him as a support act for someone else and he started picking on one of the lads who was with us since we were sitting near the front. he said he looked miserable or something, and my friend fired back "I usually am when I pay to see a jokeless comedian" that got a bigger laugh from the audience than anything Byrne said, along with an "ooohhhh!" :D reverse heckling ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just back from the cinema. Most enjoyable indeed :D

Just back from the cinema. Most enjoyable indeed :D

Batman?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    Batman?

Yep, unreal!

Yep, unreal!

was a bit disappointed myself, loved most of it but a few stupid, niggly things stopped it from being a classic for me. All the actors are excellent in it though, especially Michael Caine and Tom Hardy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

IMATS in coming back to London next year. I'm usually bummed because it's usually on around Jan/Feb and I'm totally broke after Christmas but they have changed it to June when it's warmer and I'll have money :D Yay! Must plan :)

bad hair is so annoying i used to have very short hair and i went to a new place, how short do you want it, i want the SHORTEST to be at the bottom of my ears and the rest a bit longer
    of course the longest was at the bottom of my ears and the rest way up higher, it was very layered, i looked awful
    stupid people

so i sympathise!!!

bluewolf wrote: »
    bad hair is so annoying i used to have very short hair and i went to a new place, how short do you want it, i want the SHORTEST to be at the bottom of my ears and the rest a bit longer
    of course the longest was at the bottom of my ears and the rest way up higher, it was very layered, i looked awful
    stupid people

so i sympathise!!!

barbers not listening to what I asked was why I started cutting my own hair, been doing it for years. when you ask them for something specific and they just buzzcut you (my hair is buzzcut now anyway but thats not the point :pac: ) its infuriating.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations to Java and baby Zoe. Hope you both get to go home soon! xx
    369092_1180354000_520057795_n.jpg

Oh no, Stheno- I'm sorry about your hair! :(
    I may be going to the hairdresser next week and I'm already afeared!
    Hairdressers scare me. I never let them near me with a scissors though, I have always cut my own hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Ilyana wrote: »
    Thanks! Well he's going out tonight too (different town) and I'm gonna be crapping myself! Even though we can both be with other people if we want.

I hope you have fun too, it's better to wait a while than going out this weekend! Give yourself a bit of time :)

Nothing better than the good old rebound shift!

If only the rebound shift made me feel better but it doesn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Larianne wrote: »
    Great night out last night. You definitely cannot beat the Irish banter. Also got two numbers. ;)

Date Wednesday. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning one and all. :)

Not too long awake now. My bf is still asleep but I'm gonna wake him soon coz I wanna go for a walk and I'll probably drag him with me. I'm going to dye my hair first though. Just my usual colour but I love having freshly dyed hair! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

javagal wrote: »
    just a quick hi, baby zoe arrived last night weighing an impressive 9 pound 10!

very traumatic birth that has me in intensive care, but at least its over!

Many congrats to you Javagal, 9 pounds 10!!!! Impressive sized bean that ;):D
    Really hope your recovery is swift and you can enjoy your beautiful baby. X:pac:

Yay it's a fab day again. Up the Dubs :D

• Advertisement

Ok...who wants to go to work for me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement