Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Jaysus lads, I'm gone a few days and you've a new thread and I've over 50 pages to catch up on!

Deadly pictures links, bluewolf and Acoshla!
    Acoshla, my art tutors were much like your own. That's the problem with art colleges, tutors personal tastes dictate your grade. I ended up leaving after 1st year and to date have sold more work than any of my mates who finished the degree :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    the American one is the job, easy to get if you have a ps3 or xbox too

such a better lineup on it too,there's no way I'd pay the 7 euro for european one it has a **** selection

malamute singing to baby is way better

and look at this guy's little FACE!! and he sings along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Acoshla wrote: »
    I own the most basic kitchen equipment, I'd say in total all cake tins, mixers, bun trays, casserole dishes, utensils and baking trays etc are worth about €230, €100 of that being my mixers. While La Creuset are good quality you can get similar ones in Ikea, local homeware stores etc for much less, and often TK Maxx have the real ones for much cheaper.

The only expensive thing in my kitchen is my island, €220 in Ikea, with everything else I've (mostly) bought the cheapest Tesco/Lidl options thinking when they fail at least I tried the cheapest thing first, and still have most of the cheap things, all working fine.
    I have a few cheap bits as well, a 2LB bread tin from Dealz, stuff from Heatons and Shaws.

I have never paid more than €10 for any of my baking tins tbh. I just cannot see the point of it. I have Circulon stuff that I got in Shaws, most of it was around €7-€9. I couldn't pay more than that tbh.
    Susie_Q wrote: »
    Went shopping and ended up in Coast trying on dresses for my sister's wedding. All the size 10s were TOO BIG! Haven't been an 8 since I was a teenager. Didn't buy anything though quite liked these three... should I go back??

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/giant_eye/1-10.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/giant_eye/2-7.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/giant_eye/3-7.jpg
    The blue one, definitely.

They all look fab on you but the blue is my fave.

You have a fab figure, I iz jealous!

BTW, I made those burgers you posted a recipe for the other day, I got 12 burgers from the measurements and only have three left lol.

Definitely making them again, they were fab!
    cdaly_ wrote: »
    If you'd be happy with a patchwork Le Creuset set, keep checking out TK Maxx. The have random creuset stuff regularly.

Also, Kenwood Chef mixer FTW...
    I would be happy with patchwork lol :D

No TKMaxx near me at all unfortunately, will have to wait until I get to Dublin :(
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i think those really long wonderbra strapless ones are supposed to be good

i saw this on the site and do want
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_110010702143_-1
    it has a BOW
    That dress is gorgeous, get it :)
    Links234 wrote: »
    ok, so I mentioned I was drawing something earlier? this is after not having picked up a pencil in maybe a decade or so, but...

linking because it's big: http://i.imgur.com/WsVzp.jpg
    That is a fab drawing Links.

I dunno who yer man is, but you certainly are talented!
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler

The art gene didn't run through my family
    +1.

I remember when I drew a river going through mountains in college and the Geograpy tutor asked me what it was I drew when she saw it.

It wasn't anything like a river going through mountains lol :o
    Nor me.

I always hated having to draw stuff in primary school. I drew houses, trees, the odd flower, every. single. time.

I loved colouring in though.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I love drawing people, especially in pencil and ink :) I was planning on being a street artist when I lived in Spain until I found out you needed a permit! I don't normally paint but I was pretty chuffed with my last oil painting, might try doing one as a gift this year. I used to do a webcomic for a while too, maybe I'll resurrect it for the craic.

Edit: Holy crap, how the heck did it get over 100,000 hits?! Must've been more popular than I thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ha, the world needs cloning, just so I can have a Maru

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I need that puppy.

I need that puppy.

awrooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I need that puppy.

we all need Malamute puppies, I'd love one but they're meant to be hard work to keep as a dog, thats why I like cats, they dont need to be walked, they actually even get annoyed if you make them get up from where they're plonked :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Decided to stop doing the ironing while watching the soccer, after nearly burning a hole in one my fathers shirts :eek: :eek: :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I signed up to volunteer with this group a while ago and I so regret giving them my contact details now.

It's like being stalked by a really inept stalker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I signed up to volunteer with this group a while ago and I so regret giving them my contact details now.

damn...i thought i was doing a good enough job!! :p

seriously though everytime i see you post i just sing FouxDaFaFa hahaha

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

Yeah, like would they ever stalk you properly? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Yeah, like would they ever stalk you properly? :pac:

Sure everything's gone to shite since the recession, ya can't even get a decent stalker these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I was just a gigantic moron and left the washing out in the rain :(
    That is a fab drawing Links.

I dunno who yer man is, but you certainly are talented!

Thanks ;)

it's the main guy from Breaking Bad

I love that feeling you get when you try on new bras.....its like having a new set of boobs or something!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

This is the painting I did at Christmas as a gift, turned out better than I hoped it would!
    That's gorgeous, I love the colours.
    Decided to stop doing the ironing while watching the soccer, after nearly burning a hole in one my fathers shirts :eek: :eek: :o
    Hah my mother did a load of ironing today and when she was finished ironing my granny's shirts, my granny came over and turned and started steaming her shirts, she nearly steamed my boyfriend out of it tbh.

If he was any closer to the ironing board he'd have been burned tbh!

I love that feeling you get when you try on new bras.....its like having a new set of boobs or something!! :pac:

I got two bras for 17euro in M&S today, loving that 20% sale! They're only plunge t-shirt bras but they fit! None of my old bras fit, but these make me feel like a Victoria's Secret model or something :pac:

i love M&S except the loose shoulder strap thing is killing me, i might try somewhere else
    debenhams maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

4 yummy candles lighting in my bedroom. I'm gonna try the wet wick thingy. It better work or i'm sleeping in the spare room :P

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    4 yummy candles lighting in my bedroom. I'm gonna try the wet wick thingy. It better work or i'm sleeping in the spare room :P

Ah Kiera!

:P

EmilyO wrote: »
    I got two bras for 17euro in M&S today, loving that 20% sale! They're only plunge t-shirt bras but they fit! None of my old bras fit, but these make me feel like a Victoria's Secret model or something :pac:

i got 5 bras for €40 in there today! 3 were on sale and the other 2 were €19!!

I love m&s!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

@Lola92 get the exact details of your prescription for your glasses - I order mine of zenni optical, and have saved a fortune, they do varifocals, Mam got a pair as sunglasses and they are more comfortable than her own glasses that she got from her optician

Thanks for that RG! I know that both of my eyes are 1.75, I only need glasses for distance, would that be enough detail or would I need a copy of my actual prescription? I would like to try contacts at some stage in the near future too! I had my glasses off in the staff room reading a book the other day with my hair down and one of the girls said she didn't recognise me and had to do a double take! :p Would be nice to be glasses free for a while every now and again!

has anyone tried bramora

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

bluewolf wrote: »
    has anyone tried bramora

Yep, they were the ones that confirmed for me that I was in fact a 32 band rather than the 34 I'd been wearing for years (unfortunately I've since gone up 2 cup sizes thanks to the wonders of the pill :mad: ). They're not the cheapest, but great at measuring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm pretty sure I'm inadvertently making an enemy for life. One of boyfriend's work colleagues is a right laugh, him and I have great banter, slag the life out of each other with cruel digs, we get on really well (minus some of his highly inappropriate comments that make people's jaws drop when I re-tell them!). I've seen his wife twice, we've never spoken (I tried the first time and gave up,she's hard work), so we've barely met in real life yet myself and him are friends on fb, I met him in a shop today and he said he'll see me for a pint and a bitchfest over the weekend. I've always gotten on much better with guys than girls, I've had so many platonic friendships turn to sh*t because of jealous girlfriends, I can see it being a hell of a lot worse when it involves wives not girlfriends. Will have to reign in the chat and friendliness a bit I guess, sigh. Girls can be so threatened by other girls for no good reason, so silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Wetting the wick worked :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lola92 wrote: »
    Thanks for that RG! I know that both of my eyes are 1.75, I only need glasses for distance, would that be enough detail or would I need a copy of my actual prescription? I would like to try contacts at some stage in the near future too! I had my glasses off in the staff room reading a book the other day with my hair down and one of the girls said she didn't recognise me and had to do a double take! :p Would be nice to be glasses free for a while every now and again!

You'd need your actual prescription, there should be three numbers for each eye, one which you have, then another for the strength of correction for astigmatism in the eye and the angle of correction. Other measurements the website will guide you through. I got a couple of pairs at different times - between the glasses and postage it came to about €15 a pair, which is a huge difference to what you'd be paying out. It would be one thing if I was wearing mine the whole time, but my glasses tend to end up out of the box, and can get damaged because of my carelessness. To be fair, the first pair I got, a full metal rim frame is still perfect despite the abuse I've given it :D

feeling wrecked, but really too comfortable to get up from the recliner - annoyed that I left the blanket that I normally have in my room, will someone go and get it! Watching the end of Miss Congeniality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

One of my college tutors told me my drawing wasn't up to secondary school level never mind Third Level, that sentence stuck in my head for years. Another lovely drawing tutor helped me to play to my strengths and a year after the first cow of a tutor said my drawing was awful I got a Distinction in it in my Interior Design course :) I can draw exact replicas of real life things, can't draw from my imagination at all. Except garlic, I drew so many garlic bulbs in college that I can draw them perfectly from memory, my bag smelled of them for the full year :D:o

I honestly think some art teachers/ artists end up being jealous or begrudging of others work.

I switched from Chemistry to Art in 6th year and my art teacher said I'd probably fail and it was highly insulting for me to switch from one subject to another in 6th year. (I would have failed Chem if I stayed on). Ended up getting the highest mark in my class in the leaving cert and went on to art college and get a distinction in my final year. I did send her an invitation to my final years exhibtion. :p

In said art college, my life drawing teacher wasn't impressed with my style of drawing. I had my final evaluation with my head tutor at the end of the year and she said the panel was impressed with my drawings and said my style was very similar to an artist in London. In Yo Face Lifedrawing teacher! :D

SusieQ - I love the cut of the third dress. Shows off your figure lovely, but I don't like the brown colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Kiera wrote: »
    Wetting the wick worked :)

Had to scroll back to see what you were talking about. Could mean anything with you.. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement