Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

awec wrote: »
    Sunnny here!

The north side is always doomy and gloomy though I guess. :D

Clontarf is lovely and sunny!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

That sickness must be affecting your eyesight, I'm looking out over dublin and it's as grey as yer boot! :pac: :P

I'm wearing slippers :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Are they grey?

Nope, pink :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Skyrim still rules :D

I can't believe how much enjoyment I'm getting out of this game, I got it for Christmas last year and I'm still playing it more than ever, and still pretty much just playing my first character. just into the whole civil war questline... it's just epic. can't get over how good this game is. and yes, I've played morrowind and oblivion, this is just miles better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Lovely and sunny in Dublin today; walked 4km at lunchtime and actually got sunburnt! Even though it was only 1pm, there were already lads with their shirts off drinking cans along the canal. Stay classy, fellas.

canal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My little guy choked on a satsuma earlier, had to wack his back 10 times before he could breath again..

His grand now, I'm still in shock... He couldn't even cough, when they cant cough you know it's bad as the air ways are blocked off.

Lucky I was in the room with him, I hate choking incidents, and my little guy has had a few, none recently though.

A jelly got lodged in his throat when he was 3 I was a the point if calling an ambulance when I dislodged it by putting him over my knee and hitting him between the shoulder blades . Took at least 1 min that time to clear his airways...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

jesus that's scary Cynder, glad he's alright. If anything calls for a glass of wine it's that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

cynder wrote: »
    My little guy choked on a satsuma earlier, had to wack his back 10 times before he could breath again..

His grand now, I'm still in shock... He couldn't even cough, when they cant cough you know it's bad as the air ways are blocked off.

Lucky I was in the room with him, I hate choking incidents, and my little guy has had a few, none recently though.

A jelly got lodged in his throat when he was 3 I was a the point if calling an ambulance when I dislodged it by putting him over my knee and hitting him between the shoulder blades . Took at least 1 min that time to clear his airways...
    This has happened to my Mam twice this year and it scared the living daylights out of me. Not nice. Glad he's ok x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I hate choking. Freaks me out! Glad he's ok! x

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jesus that's really scary, hope ye are both okay now. :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I'm glad your little man is okay now cynder!

Some scumbag dumped a tiny kitten in my cousins garden today. :mad: I would love to give him a home but my dog doesn't exactly like cats, he is old and stubborn and stuck in his ways :(
    564699_10151074685169628_2070927127_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ ha, Hitler cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Hope your son is okay cynder! I got a bit of bread stuck in my throat earlier. I wasn't choking, just walking around the bar at work, coughing and spluttering. Sexy :cool:

The nasty boy I drunkenly kissed on Saturday night was in the hotel I work in earlier. I turned on my heel the minute I saw him; I doubt he remembers me but I didn't want to take the risk either....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Ah Lola he's beautiful! I'd love a cat, I grew up with my mom running a cat kennels out of our garage. When she gave it up she decided she wouldn't keep any more kitties.
    I might foster one from the DSPCA one of these days (they're in need of minders if I remember)

I'M HOT

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'M HOT

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Got my date for my driving test today.. not quite sure what to do..

in other lands, got my house tidied today so its a start! going to start on the pile of clothes upstairs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Oh there's no sunshine in Dublin. Just dark clouds and a heaviness that would make you think someone dumped a house of your chest.

Huh? Dublin was gorgeous today! I was out all day in the sun and the heat, walking around, lying by the water while young fellas jumped in, it was lovely!

Re: all the NYC talk, I must be the only person that really dislikes that city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Glad the small lad is ok Cynder xx

I've never been to NYC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    Huh? Dublin was gorgeous today! I was out all day in the sun and the heat, walking around, lying by the water while young fellas jumped in, it was lovely!

Re: all the NYC talk, I must be the only person that really dislikes that city.

how come? havent been myself yet, flown past it on the way to Newark lol. Most overrated city I've ever been in was Paris, didn;t like it at all, overpriced, filthy dirty streets, graffiti everywhere, and Parisians are assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I loved New York when I was there. I'd love to live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

krudler wrote: »
    how come? havent been myself yet, flown past it on the way to Newark lol. Most overrated city I've ever been in was Paris, didn;t like it at all, overpriced, filthy dirty streets, graffiti everywhere, and Parisians are assholes.

I felt the same about Rome. The historical aspects are fantastic of course, I loved all the things we got to see. But it was very dirty and it felt a bit seedy and dangerous.

It's just...meh. I like some of the stuff obviously, cool buildings, "must see" things, but I don't find the city has a great energy or spirit like some cities I've been to, I just don't get all the hype.

After a good day I am in a f*cker of a mood now, lovely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Most overrated city I've ever been in was Paris, didn;t like it at all, overpriced, filthy dirty streets, graffiti everywhere, and Parisians are assholes.
    I love Paris! I thought it was beautiful. :)

Now, Barcelona, there's a city I have a good healthy hatred for! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Posy wrote: »

Just to prove that there's a good and a bad side to everywhere, I loved Barcelona :)

Posy wrote: »
    I love Paris! I thought it was beautiful. :)

Funny how everyone has such different opinions!

i liked living in barcelona
    wasnt in the city centre though

i found cheap flights to munich. let's go to munich!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Manky night in work, feeling all flustered after it. And I have to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to see my family, where I will no doubt get a lecture about how much weight I need to lose, because being a size 12 is a sin in some people's eyes. :rolleyes: *think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement