Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Acoshla wrote: »
    Had tea and watched Corrie, great minds! Still mad though, I'm hungry so might get some biscuits and more tea, been up since 7am and was helping mind a baby today so am more tired than usual which isn't helping!
    Jesus i'd be dead on my feet if i was you. Defo more tea and bickies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

For all the people feeling a bit crap at the momento. Check out whitewhine.com Always gives me a laugh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Also www.textsfromlastnight.com is always surefire to give you a laugh. I love it especially after a hard night on the booze and I'm hungover/needy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Also www.textsfromlastnight.com is always surefire to give you a laugh. I love it especially after a hard night on the booze and I'm hungover/needy :)
    I know who you are now!!! My little needy friend :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Novella wrote: »
    I'm sick of people slamming down the phone on me. No matter how annoyed I am at a company, I do not take it out on their Customer Care staff.

I worked in customer care for americans for three years.
    I do expect a high level of service when I ring somewhere and if I don't get it I escalate.

However if I get extremely good service, I escalate to praise the agent

I hate those ****ers who come on with an attitude that you are a serf to serve them.

However agents who simply couldn't give a flying **** (not suggesting that's you Novella) drive me nuts. You could hear it from the Ulsterbank staff in week four of their issues, one of them guaranteed me I'd taken several hundred euros out of the bank in a manual transaction when I hadn't..

Escalated and got put through to complaints and hey presto transaction reversed.

That's the sort of escalation I'll do.

Hang ups, are just downright rude.

I have a lovely group to work with this week, really lovely people, I'm looking forward to going in with them tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Jesus i'd be dead on my feet if i was you. Defo more tea and bickies :)

I was also bitten by said baby, have a big bruise and teeth marks, he's lucky he's cute!! :p

Ella Bella wrote: »
    I know who you are now!!! My little needy friend :D

Haha! Yes, the realisation has kicked in.... please braid my hair ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Gongoozler wrote: »
    been broken up with. feel horrible. was really mad about him.

Hugs for you. Hope you're okay. x
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Hope you're ok, look after yourself (drink lots and eat loads)

There appears to b an epidemic of break ups in tLL atm...hope it's not a sign of things to come!!

I hope it's not a sign of things to come either! :eek: I'd actually be devastated. :(

I'm reading the Wikipedia page for the Westboro Baptist Church and getting very very peed off reading it.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ladies and gentlemen, let me present to you, the internet:

Ac4Od.jpg

There is an EXTREMELY LOUD fly buzzing around my bedroom the last hour and I cannot get rid of him. Grrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am the easiest person to please when it comes to travel, cause I love everywhere! My friend I travelled the states with used to laugh cause ever city we went I would say "Love it, can see myself living here." Barcelona may be my fave ever though.

I am now planning a research trip with my supervisor next month. What the hell are we gonna talk about on a 6 hour car drive >_< But nice to get away, and especially cause its comp! I totally would have camped, but hey if they wanna pay for a B&B I won't be rude!

Ugh 25 minutes walk to campus today and I am red :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Got home from hospital this evening with big z woo!
    and,
    it's my birthday!well in the morning it is

delighted to be home. plan on spending the night away listening in case baby stops breathing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

javagal wrote: »
    and,

delighted to be home. plan on spending the night away listening in case baby stops breathing

glad to hear your home java, and congratulations again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Just back from Batman!!

I dont know how to feel about it....i think i was too excited to see it but it was still really good though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Happy birthday javagal! And welcome home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Happy Birthday Java!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Happy Birthday Java, its fab that you and baby Zoe Coffeebean are home :)

I did some study, and watched Superstar tonight. Little by little.

Also found out what happened the other night. Though not as bad as it could have been, still bad, apparently a drunken DMC had me very upset and I walked home alone crying...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

and,

I hope you enjoy every second of her :) x

and,

Welcome home javagal. Also congratulations (again) and happy birthday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Stheno wrote: »
    I worked in customer care for americans for three years.
    I do expect a high level of service when I ring somewhere and if I don't get it I escalate.

However if I get extremely good service, I escalate to praise the agent

I hate those ****ers who come on with an attitude that you are a serf to serve them.

However agents who simply couldn't give a flying **** (not suggesting that's you Novella) drive me nuts. You could hear it from the Ulsterbank staff in week four of their issues, one of them guaranteed me I'd taken several hundred euros out of the bank in a manual transaction when I hadn't..

Escalated and got put through to complaints and hey presto transaction reversed.

That's the sort of escalation I'll do.

Hang ups, are just downright rude.

I have a lovely group to work with this week, really lovely people, I'm looking forward to going in with them tomorrow

Yeah, I'm dealing with Americans too. Most of them are absolutely lovely, however when they're mean, they're really mean. I do try to be as helpful as possible (self praise is no praise!) but sometimes it's completely thrown back in my face and that's just annoying. A 'goodbye' would not go astray. I don't expect people to think I'm great all the time, just a little common courtesy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome home and happy birthday, Java!

*Cuddles* to baby Zoebean. :) xx

happy-birthday-30-4-2012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Watched that programme Who Do You Think You Are with Lisa Kudrow and I had tears in my eyes all the way through it. It was so sad and so happy.

I gots a Dib Dab and Black Jack sweets :D:D I'm so cracked up on sugar I can't sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh, welcome home to baby coffeebean and happy birthday, Java! :)

Ah no.. Watching the 1,000th episode of Raw and Edge didn't appear.. Not happy with that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

One of our house alarm sensors is fcuked and has been going off every half an hour since 2.30am. Have to be up in an hour and want to take a hammer to it >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Happy Birthday Javagirl.

I got horrifically sad about some things last night and then had a dream about a friend who I already know is not inviting me to her wedding but (in the dream) was being really obnoxious about it.

I've woken up feeling a bit heartbroken and very alone. I hope to god something nice happens today, could really do with it.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just found a tenner :-D i nevet ever find money :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Crapness continues. Now I've lost a tenner. :(
    I just found a tenner :-D i nevet ever find money :-D

>.>

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Welcome home Java and Zoe:D

Hope your birthday is full of awesome:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I cannot wait till payday on Friday. I am beyond broke this month :(

I know those days Acoshla.

I went to Dub to collect the OH from the airport on Saturday. I told him twice that I would meet him outside departures as it's free to park there (well drop off). He rings me to say he's there and he's not. After flapping about for a few mins it turns out he's still INSIDE the airport under a 'departures' sign.

Then airport police told me to move so I had to keep driving around the airport until he eventually figured out where 'outside departures is'.

The drive home was not enjoyable :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement