Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

i hope the pilates class is good
    and yoga
    i want to do kettlebell too :(
    and c25k :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I did. More good than bad, but as usual reading the comments is only advisable if you have a strong stomach.
    I tend not to take much notice of the comments, they're usually horrific. But it was a good interview, she was really articulate. I think I might show it to my mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

bluewolf wrote: »
    i hope the pilates class is good
    and yoga
    i want to do kettlebell too :(
    and c25k :(

Pilates and yoga are awesome. c25k was also awesome and now I can run almost 15k without dying.
    Never did kettlebells but do weights. Weights are awesome too:cool:

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Pilates and yoga are awesome. c25k was also awesome and now I can run almost 15k without dying.

i've done yoga before in a different place. never done pilates. done c25k twice and manage to get to the end then something happens like exams or being ill and the stride is broken and back i am again a year later to the start :rolleyes::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm hoping to start Pilates in October :D Not saying Pilates or Yoga is easy but I've never tried this type of, as I perceive it, less strenuous exercise, I'm more of a run/cycle/swim exerciser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Yeh I'm the same pixiebean. If I don't sweat I don't feel like I've worked out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I find pilates very sweaty:cool:
    I do somatic yoga with is great for strength. Not sweaty but still a good work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yoga is about body and mind though. I think the people who benefit most from it are those who never 'slow down' otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I find pilates very sweaty:cool:
    I do somatic yoga with is great for strength. Not sweaty but still a good work out.

Yeah, pilates is very sweaty. I used to do it a lot and every now and then you would have someone who had been dragged to the class by a friend. They would complain that it was just laying around on the floor but by the end of the class they would be wrecked :D

Dolbert wrote: »
    Yoga is about body and mind though. I think the people who benefit most from it are those who never 'slow down' otherwise.

I fell asleep before during a class. That was my que to never try it again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Links234 wrote: »
    I tend not to take much notice of the comments, they're usually horrific. But it was a good interview, she was really articulate. I think I might show it to my mum.

What was really good to hear is Pints of Guinness Make You Strong is still in their set list. They're not scheduled to play Ireland, but if they do come I'd definitely want to hear that song. I just need to listen to more of their albums apart from that one.

Although as is usual when I discover a band I like, I get really anxious about moving onto their other albums in case they don't do it for me as much as the albums I've already heard. Then I usually stumble across a song from another album on last.fm and instantly regret not listening to it sooner. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Has everyone seen this?

How embarrassing.

dxBmg.jpg

Her spelling is fcuking appalling. Why do people think its ok to spell like that on facebook? "anoda"? "sceeming"? stop making yourself look like an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I has a sick! :( All snuffly, headachey, tired, contemplating putting on pj's and closing the curtains for the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I did pilates for about 2 years, I loved it! The classes at my new gym aren't good though :( I was so strong and toned and flexible back then!

My old instructor was a stone cold fox! You could see every muscle on her body, but she was so beautiful and feminine, and Spanish! My dad did a men's pilates class with her, for the exercise alone I'm sure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bf is going home today so decided to come back with him. Need space and time away from arguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh yeah, more overtime this week. More overtime = more holidays! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Ah the awkward moment when you call and ask for someone- person on phone goes to check. Then you hear the person you're looking for in the background saying "tell them I'm not here!"

I is popular today.

bubblefett wrote: »
    Ah the awkward moment when you call and ask for someone- person on phone goes to check. Then you hear the person you're looking for in the background saying "tell them I'm not here!"

I is popular today.

Aw! :(

you can call me if you like, i'll talk to ya

buying crest whitestrips again, im so vain
    cant face teeth whitening again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Had mould made for that today and even that was very unpleasant!

• Advertisement

Had mould made for that today and even that was very unpleasant!

mould? oh right
    mine was the one where they rub gel on and do 3x 12 min sessions under a laser thing, in and out in an hour basically
    was grand except getting sensitive and painful toward the end last time, and the 24 hours of random pains
    tolerable enough for lovely whites but if strips work i'll stick with those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My mam keeps hoovering everytime i try study!! every. single.time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

can anyone see me leekspin? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2328943399663

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

How did you manage to build up your endurance to 15k? Just gradual increasing your distance? I really should know this myself but I'm looking for a magic way. I can manage about 4km on the treadmill. Never any further. I have bought new runners and they appear to be helping with lasting longer.
    I'm hoping to start Pilates in October :D Not saying Pilates or Yoga is easy but I've never tried this type of, as I perceive it, less strenuous exercise, I'm more of a run/cycle/swim exerciser

Oh you certainly sweat with pilates. Those 100s are killers!
    buying crest whitestrips again, im so vain

Where ya get them? I saw photos of myself recently and my teeth look yellow. :o I've never noticed it before though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Ah yeah I know you sweat, I just prefer, what I perceive to be, higher impact exercises

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Pilates is tough and you do break a bit of a sweat, but not as bad as cardio, and I was never exhausted afterwards, felt really energised actually! Sore the next days sometimes is all.

I've been trying to go running but its just too damn hot in the day! And I'm busy most evenings. Excuses excuses :P

Oh how the tables have turned!!!! First a girl who was my closest friend for years until we fell out because she's a fool asks me to do some work for her, now a girl who LOATHED me in school - who spread vicious rumours about my family and swore they were true, who put me down at every opportunity - has emailed me oohing and aahing and complimenting me looking for me to do work for her, funny how they change their tune! Ironically the rumours she spread related in a way to what she wants me to do for her now, ha, would love to remind her of that. Girls are bitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chimpokomon

Acoshla wrote: »
    Girls are bitches.

Funny, I thought you were a girl. Or is it all girls except you :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I am the one and only exception to the rule :rolleyes: I can be a bit of a b*tch too but not like these girls.

• Advertisement

Oh how I loath the rollyeyes.

Yes, all girls are bitches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement