Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Assuming my travel buddy doesn't back out, it looks likely that I'll be backpacking around France and Spain in September :eek: :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh how the tables have turned!!!! First a girl who was my closest friend for years until we fell out because she's a fool asks me to do some work for her, now a girl who LOATHED me in school - who spread vicious rumours about my family and swore they were true, who put me down at every opportunity - has emailed me oohing and aahing and complimenting me looking for me to do work for her, funny how they change their tune! Ironically the rumours she spread related in a way to what she wants me to do for her now, ha, would love to remind her of that. Girls are bitches.
    Funny, I thought you were a girl. Or is it all girls except you :rolleyes:
    Oh yeah I am the one and only exception to the rule :rolleyes: I can be a bit of a b*tch too but not like these girls.
    Oh how I loath the rollyeyes.

Yes, all girls are bitches.

As per the charter:

There is an expected standard of effort when posting in this forum.
    Lazy generalizations fall below this standard.
    Comments regarding personality traits which begin with words like "women just want to" or "all men are" are never true, and never serve any purpose except to inflame other users who feel the need to post to object to them them.

You guys know better at this stage. If there's a problem with a post, the report button is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Larianne wrote: »
    How did you manage to build up your endurance to 15k? Just gradual increasing your distance? I really should know this myself but I'm looking for a magic way. I can manage about 4km on the treadmill. Never any further. I have bought new runners and they appear to be helping with lasting longer.

(

Yup, just pushing a little bit further every 4 days or so. I hate the dreadmill. I can only do 10k on it and even at that, I'm half dead and dripping in sweat. Good runners are a must, I get awful shin splints on the treadmill if I don't wear proper runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Oh how I loath the rollyeyes.

I love that smiley, it really catches the emotion so well :D

Just found out there's going to be a Toy Story 4 :( Why would they need another one, it ended perfectly. I'm afraid it's going to be terrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I heard on the radio this morning that Toy Story was voted the best kids film ever or something like that.

I believe this is perfect timing for me to go watch them all again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

You guys know better at this stage. If there's a problem with a post, the report button is your friend.

I had no problem with the post tbh, forgot that bit about generalisations was in the charter, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not a toy story fan here. Is there something fundamentally wrong with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Mars Bar wrote: »

Ray D'Arcy was basically saying anyone who hadn't watched ET was weird, I have watched bits and hate that movie, we're not weird we just don't follow everyone else Mars Bar! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ray D'Arcy was basically saying anyone who hadn't watched ET was weird, I have watched bits and hate that movie, we're not weird we just don't follow everyone else Mars Bar! :)

Haven't watch that either! :D

Disney never held any appeal for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I love disney but never really cared for the Toy Story movies

I've never seen any of the Toy Story movies.

bubblefett wrote: »
    I love disney but never really cared for the Toy Story movies

I dont really consider the Pixar movies as Disney, Disney funded sure but their own company, they basically saved Disney's animated movies, which had been floundering for a while. Only Pixar movie I didnt like was Cars, I havent even seen Cars 2 not arsed about it, love the others though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Never seen it. It must a Disney film. :o
    EDIT: Are Disney and Pixar the same thing?

Hope you feel better soon, Acoshla! xx

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I've never seen any of the Toy Story movies.

Remedy this immediately. one of the best trilogies ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

And there's Brave coming out in the next few weeks. That'll mean I've eaten more popcorn in the Summer months than I have in the entire year previous. (I went to see Spiderman and it was actually good.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Is it weird i didnt like Snow White and the Seven Dwarves?

I had to turn it off it irritated me that much!

krudler wrote: »
    Remedy this immediately. one of the best trilogies ever.

I have the attention span of a goldfish. I'd get bored:pac:

Its a product of its time and definitely twee by today's standards, the animation is still gorgeous in it though. its 75 years old after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I love Snow White and the Seven Dwarves :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Its a product of its time and definitely twee by today's standards, the animation is still gorgeous in it though. its 75 years old after all.

I have no problem with the animation, i think it was the music/songs in it that irritated me and the voices!

Normally i dont mind them but for that particular film i hated it!

I want to watch a Disney film now....i need one :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Snow White is a spanner, and her voice goes through my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I do love Pixar movies, but I think studio ghibli are even better :)

Links234 wrote: »
    I do love Pixar movies, but I think studio ghibli are even better :)

I keep meaning to watch My Neigbour Totoro again might watch it later. meanwhile Totoros for everyone

20100726_totoro.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I want to watch a Disney film now....i need one :(

The Jungle Book! I literally wore that tape out as a child.

Also, Disney only release their older films every few years on tape/dvd/blu-ray. Once that allotment of media sells out, they don't produce more for another few years, typically relaunching them to big fanfare. They say it's the way they've kept the value of their older films so high.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    The Jungle Book! I literally wore that tape out as a child.

Also, Disney only release their older films every few years on tape/dvd/blu-ray. Once that allotment of media sells out, they don't produce more for another few years, typically relaunching them to big fanfare. They say it's the way they've kept the value of their older films so high.

used to get this all the time working in hmv people looking for older disney stuff, going mad because you going get them anymore, its actually worth buying copies and selling them years later when they're out of print

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Imma get a Totoro inked on mah skin as soon as I sit down and concentrate for long enough to design the damn thing!

My boyfriend has 2 Totoro t-shirts and a Spirited Away t-shirt to bring me when he visits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I keep meaning to watch My Neigbour Totoro again might watch it later. meanwhile Totoros for everyone

20100726_totoro.jpg

I nearly always cry when I watch that movie. love it so very much :)
    Imma get a Totoro inked on mah skin as soon as I sit down and concentrate for long enough to design the damn thing!

My boyfriend has 2 Totoro t-shirts and a Spirited Away t-shirt to bring me when he visits :D

oh wow, Totoro ink! :eek: that is AWESOME. I think I'm actually inspired now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm gonna get the wee white one and maybe a soot sprite but I want to design it in a way that when I'm rich I can get more added :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Sausages, mash and hoops for dinner. NYOM :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement