Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Kiera wrote: »
    I got kicked out of art class for putting Indian ink on my wrist (classy chick here).

I'll never forget the day I heard my art teacher shout from across the room...

'SarahBeep!, if you don't stop talking I will LOCK YOU IN THE SUPPLY CUPBOARD!!'

What a woman, I loved her. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Links234 wrote: »
    I was just a gigantic moron and left the washing out in the rain :(

I read this as
    I was like a gigantic moron left washing out in the rain :(

:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Links234 wrote: »
    ok, so I mentioned I was drawing something earlier? this is after not having picked up a pencil in maybe a decade or so, but...

linking because it's big: http://i.imgur.com/WsVzp.jpg

Holy shizballs Links! :eek: That's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

There's a film, Fair Game, on one of the movie channels. It might just be the shíttest film in the history of films. It's one of those where I'm not sure if serious - it's so shít that it could be hilarious. But mainly it's just shít.

I really should go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

My art teacher was my favourite teacher. He was an utter whackjob but I loved his classes. I am real scatty and he was the only one that didn't see that as a bad thing.

I had such a terrible evening. I fear my beloved phone is dying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I am not stable enough to watch Grey's Anatomy late at night!! Oh, the tears. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I missed all of this season of Grey's Anatomy along with about 5 from the last one. Need to catch up.

Anyway, I'm going to try sleep now. Something on my mind and I really don't know what to do about it. Tried to talk about it to the person in question and explain but it was like talking to a brick wall. I feel like nobody else will understand this so I suppose I'll have to figure it out for myself. Sorry to be so cryptic, just random thought coming out of my head. Sorry, this isn't the emotions thread anymore, I'm aware of that. Just feel like I'm on my own.

Going to knit another bag tomorrow, I have wool that looks like this with a sort of glittery bit running through it and I think it'll be nice.

Edit: Actually this is the exact one I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Keep your fingers crossed guys that in 2 weeks I'll be visiting Ireland with Z...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Brought the puppy up to sleep on the bed last night. Rolled over at about half 7 into a huge puddle of wee. :( Thursday can only improve now!

think ive injured my wrist/hand from cello
    damn it
    :mad:
    between that and my toe i'm useless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Freakishly vivid sex dreams again last night, and I woke up with scratches all over my arms and neck. I bite my nails so far down that I didn't realise it was possible to scratch myself properly. :confused:

Off to Dublin soon, yay! Really hope it doesn't rain :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

pampootie wrote: »
    Brought the puppy up to sleep on the bed last night. Rolled over at about half 7 into a huge puddle of wee. :( Thursday can only improve now!

I used to have my dog in the bed with me when I lived at home. Now I find the thought just horrible. I hope you get your mattress dried out!

Freakishly vivid sex dreams again last night, and I woke up with scratches all over my arms and neck. I bite my nails so far down that I didn't realise it was possible to scratch myself properly. :confused:

Wowser! That's some vivid dreaming! :D

I've been having sleep paralysis bouts lately. Knowing that that's what it is is a big help, so I'm not scared. Although repeatedly trying to move something with your hand and it not moving (but your head telling you that it has) is very irritating.

Tiredness, a computer and my tendency to ramble are a bad combination. I apologise for my last post. :o

On the subject of dreams, I'm having really odd ones lately, a lot more than usual. Is there anything that can make you dream more? Just curious. Will probably Google this later when on my laptop..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I used to have my dog in the bed with me when I lived at home. Now I find the thought just horrible. I hope you get your mattress dried out!

It's doused in Milton and tea tree oil and I've made up the spare bed for myself for a couple of nights! I quite like having him in the bed usually, he's normally very good and just sleeps over the covers at my feet. To be fair I vaguely remember getting a tongue in my ear around 6 am but was shattered so didn't wake up properly, that was obviously his attempt at getting let out!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

pampootie wrote: »
    I vaguely remember getting a tongue in my ear around 6 am but was shattered so didn't wake up properly, that was obviously his attempt at getting let out!

I can identify with that much! Maybe change the last two words. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I haven't been sleeping well the last few weeks and working very hard, it's starting to show physically now, dry hair, my skin is so dry and I'm getting breakouts, and the bags under my eyes... :eek::eek:

I need to mind myself :o

I haven't been sleeping great either lately. Having very weird and vivid dreams too, even more than usual.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

coco_lola wrote: »
    I haven't been sleeping well the last few weeks and working very hard, it's starting to show physically now, dry hair, my skin is so dry and I'm getting breakouts, and the bags under my eyes... :eek::eek:

go get a massage, there's loads on mydealpage at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Larianne wrote: »
    I honestly think some art teachers/ artists end up being jealous or begrudging of others work.

I switched from Chemistry to Art in 6th year and my art teacher said I'd probably fail and it was highly insulting for me to switch from one subject to another in 6th year. (I would have failed Chem if I stayed on). Ended up getting the highest mark in my class in the leaving cert and went on to art college and get a distinction in my final year. I did send her an invitation to my final years exhibtion. :p

Funnily enough I gave up Art after Junior Cert, took it up again for 6th year and had a different Art teacher, she hated me, kept saying I'd fail, wouldn't do any work with me, told me to do it in free classes. Well I did the Practical exam, didn't do the Art History exam and got a D, most of the other girls in the class got a D and they did both parts! I didn't see her again for years until I was invited back to an anniversary thing in the school last year to showcase my business, her jaw DROPPED when she saw me :p I waved at her and she didn't say a word, just walked away, cow.

Then just last weekend I went into a pub with a relative of mine who knows her, and there she was! We were the only ones in the pub, couldn't escape. Next thing she started fawning all over me, "Oh I saw your work, I have your business card in my student diary, you're so amaaazing, I don't know how to describe what you do", I pointed out that it's often referred to as Edible Art, and said I was clearly much better at Art than she gave me credit for in school :p She completely ignored what I said and just kept gushing at me, ugh, she was so annoying!! It was a nice little victory though :) I was in a very confrontational mood last weekend, this is the lesser of two run ins I had with people :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

coco_lola wrote: »

I could carry shopping in my eye bags at the moment :(

Between Saturday morning and Monday evening I think I had a grand total of 4 hours sleep due to a visitor who wanted to make the most of the Dublin nightlife! And now it's Thursday and I've been having a hard time sleeping every night, it's ridiculous. I can't wait until Friday so I can pass out for as long as I need to and reset my body clock back to normal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think everyone's sleep has been affected by the heat, it's been so mild at night and gets bright so early that my sleeping has been a lot lighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Dolorous wrote: »
    I think everyone's sleep has been affected by the heat, it's been so mild at night and gets bright so early that my sleeping has been a lot lighter.

...I've been sleeping like a log, it's pretty cool here at night, I had my electric blanket on two nights since Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I can't function well in Irish 'warm' weather, I nearly died when I lived in Spain and the temps were mid thirties! I must have Viking blood :pac:

I've been sleeping like a log but still waking up and going to bed exhausted

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dolorous wrote: »

I woke up in a sweat last night. :cool:

I've been sleeping with the window open for the past 2/3 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I never remember my dreams in general, but had a really freaky one last night... :eek:

is there something in the air or water supply with everyone's weird dreams

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement