Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I can hear a mouse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Ughhhhhh. Couldn't get to sleep for ages last night because there was a wasp in my room and he was impossible to catch, crafty fecker. So I finally collapsed into bed at about two or so. Then I got a phone call at 5.20 so I assumed it was important and answered it, turned out to be my friend wondering what I thought would come up on one of the repeat exams. What. The. Hell!? Why would you do that at that time of the morning!? I'm so tired :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

WinterSong wrote: »
    Ughhhhhh. Couldn't get to sleep for ages last night because there was a wasp in my room and he was impossible to catch, crafty fecker. So I finally collapsed into bed at about two or so. Then I got a phone call at 5.20 so I assumed it was important and answered it, turned out to be my friend wondering what I thought would come up on one of the repeat exams. What. The. Hell!? Why would you do that at that time of the morning!? I'm so tired :(

they deserve a punch in the head for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone have any alternatives to Parcel Motel? I need to ship something bigger.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hello everyone, I'm back. :D

Well I was back on Monday, but back online today. We had a fantastic time.

Saturday we went shopping and had a lobster lunch. Then went to Wicked, which is just brilliant. We were in the second row so I got a good gander at the cool costumes. One of Busted was in it.

Sunday we spent like 5 hours going around Tate Modern. I loved every second. There was a Damien Hirst exhibition, the man is a genius IMO. There were a couple of live pieces (flies and butterflies) people were more freaked out over the butterflies.

Then we spent the day lounging around Southbank drinking ale and talking sh1t before Batman. Brilliant to see a good film in IMAX at last. It comes second to the second film in my head, but it was still better than 90% of the films I've seen this year.

Monday we were flying home but we spent the morning in the V&A museum. Oh the frocks!

And all the time it was sunny and we were hanging around in our t-shirts, then we land in Shannon and it's pouring.

Took yesterday off to make amends with the baby and give him the cars he requested as a present (and the Paddington book and Tardis he hadn't requested...) He was happy to see us but then his mood turned sour and he was like a demon for the day. Ah well. We brought him to the Arts Fest Gallery yesterday and whilst he didn't like the "spikey men" he laughed his ass off at a painting of a prison suicide. :confused:

Got to see Henry V as part of the Arts Festival yesterday evening. It was fantastic. I'm still floored!

TLDR -- Das Kitty turned into an arts bum for the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Now i have a migraine... :(

Hungry today after my midnight feast....

Least my tummy is feeling better :D the pain i was in at 11pm was nasty, i couldn't move.

i bringed in the cake

fatten ALL the people! muahaha!
    :cool:

DK that sounds like a great time altogether:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

DK I am jealous, what a fantastic weekend. I think the prison painting might be one of ours too :D

Stayed up watching Breaking Bad instead of going to bed early, almost through season 4 now. Totally worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Bluewolf - I saw the cake mention and had to find the original post to find out what type.... I wish now that I hadn't..... All I can think about is Chocolate Fudge cake.... It's going to be a loooonnnnngggg week.

Although am hitting the cinema on Saturday to see batman, date number two, so may just HAVE to have ice cream! ;)

Sarah** wrote: »
    Bluewolf - I saw the cake mention and had to find the original post to find out what type.... I wish now that I hadn't..... All I can think about is Chocolate Fudge cake.... It's going to be a loooonnnnngggg week.

Although am hitting the cinema on Saturday to see batman, date number two, so may just HAVE to have ice cream! ;)

heated choc fudge cake goes very well with nicecream :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bluewolf wrote: »
    heated choc fudge cake goes very well with nicecream :pac::pac::pac:

Want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

krudler wrote: »
    they deserve a punch in the head for that.

It's a good thing I probably won't be seeing him before I go to France, I'd shout at him like a trooper :pac:

Glad to hear you had such a lovely time Das Kitty! :)

Remember the job I posted about last week? I got it :D:):D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Yay! Congratulations! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I missed the baby!!! Congrats though java, hope your feeling better!

So, I'm lounging around today... what to do is the question? Just turned down going to the gym with the boyfriend cos I hate the gym, it's so so boring! Going to go do some gardening instead me thinks.. What to have for breakfast..... hummmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I missed the baby!!! Congrats though java, hope your feeling better!

So, I'm lounging around today... what to do is the question? Just turned down going to the gym with the boyfriend cos I hate the gym, it's so so boring! Going to go do some gardening instead me thinks.. What to have for breakfast..... hummmmmm

Go for walk? Spurred on by the fact that I look a few pounds thinner in my jeans after two weeks of eating relatively well and walking a bit I'm off for another walk, music, doggy and a cup of tea at the end of it in my friend's house, good times :) I like this not working lark, tis great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

buying crest whitestrips again, im so vain
    cant face teeth whitening again
    Larianne wrote: »
    Where ya get them? I saw photos of myself recently and my teeth look yellow. :o I've never noticed it before though. :(

Have to say I don't get this teeth whitening thing. Teeth are meant to be yellow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Yay congratulations!!

My dog is staring in the window at me. I could let him in, but this would mean being wrestled for tummy rubs and getting covered in white fur.

But he's so cute!

Larianne wrote: »

Where ya get them? I saw photos of myself recently and my teeth look yellow. :o I've never noticed it before though. :(

on ebay. done it before, and they worked... the lady in the whitening clinic (i went again another time when i saw a deal) was impressed enough

i tend to be a bit concerned about mine especially in photos, i drink a lot of tea and pepsi
    improved when i stopped drinking coffee though

whitestrips are handy, best to use them after a proper scaling and cleaning from the dentist makes em really shiny, mad you cant buy them in shops here though

Ooh, congrats javagal.

Hope you're feeling better. PM me any time if you want to vent or ask anything.

(just catching up on the big news)

Also, I've been diagnosed as anaemic. That's why I've been losing my hair. However, it's incredibly low so I have to get it monitored to make sure it's not something else causing the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Welcome back DK - well jealous about Wicked!! Do you mind me asking where ye got the tickets, and were they expensive?? I was looking at going in September or October, something like £70 a ticket!

We got a harness for the kitten, so we can take her outside and not have her fly away from us - just in a small patch of grass, give her a different environment, since she will ultimately end up being an outside cat!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Congrats!!!

Welcome back DK - well jealous about Wicked!! Do you mind me asking where ye got the tickets, and were they expensive?? I was looking at going in September or October, something like £70 a ticket!

Yeah, that's how much the ones we got cost. I was able to afford them after getting my work bonus, otherwise we wouldn't have gone.

There are cheaper seats up in the nosebleeds though. I got them through tickemaster.

Das Kitty wrote: »

Also, I've been diagnosed as anaemic.

Does that mean you need to eat more meat? ;)

heh

526572_10150948090670642_1130959391_n.jpg

Does that mean you need to eat more meat? ;)

I went to the butcher's yesterday and bought all the meat. Juicy steak for dinner tonight.

I have to take supplements as well for the time being... and cock.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I went to the butcher's yesterday and bought all the meat. Juicy steak for dinner tonight.

I have to take supplements as well for the time being... and cock.

every day can be march 14th! :D

i'd love some steak now though.
    and the bj too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Have to say I don't get this teeth whitening thing. Teeth are meant to be yellow...

Hmmm. Not so sure about that. The colour of your teeth is usually determined by your diet.

I have naturally white teeth because I don't drink tea or coffee and rarely eat processed food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Morning all! One moar day off from work today. Back to grindstone tomorrow. So much to catch up on, sigh.

Welcome back, DK! Wicked is amazing, I saw the Broadway production of it in Chicago, I scored front row tickets in a draw, it was simply amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Boards is like heroin....its addicting and you keep coming back for more!

I wish there was a way to deactivate your account for a little but there isnt and i dont want to delete my account :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement