Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got blood taken two weeks ago tomorrow and the bruise is still noticeable. It's improving every day though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just started stretching my left earlobe. It's stinging a bit. Not sure if I'm doing it right. :/
    In other news, my stepmother ordered 50 Shades of Grey on Amazon last night. She has no idea what she's getting into. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

javagal wrote: »
    Sorry to anyone who missed the pic, I have one in the pregnancy thread if anyone wants to see her.

She's gorgeous java! Congrats again! x

What a day! The air con in work is broken AGAIN. The shop was an oven, felt gross when I got home.
    Free trip to London in the morning to look forward to now! Yippee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'd love to give blood but they said they wouldn't take me because of my tendancies to pass out when people jab me with needles or even show me needles :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just started stretching my left earlobe. It's stinging a bit. Not sure if I'm doing it right. :/
    In other news, my stepmother ordered 50 Shades of Grey on Amazon last night. She has no idea what she's getting into. XD

Bought my Kindle today (thanks for the advice!) from what has been said in here I will not be getting Shades of Grey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im sitting beside loads of travel guides.....i wanna go somewhere :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Why is there pregnancy/baby stuff on the bottom of my screen?? Freaking me out. *Shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I wore a pencil skit with a big duuuuurty slit in it to work, therefore, I am a grown up today!!

Miaireland wrote: »
    Bought my Kindle today (thanks for the advice!) from what has been said in here I will not be getting Shades of Grey!

Welcome to the club! We can all sit around with our kindles...they'll call us the kindle kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

my housemate is reading it and I read a few chapters, its fcuking garbage, how stuff like that becomes a bestseller when there's authors who can't even get in the door of a publishers is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Its like, you get to page 153 (approx) and its just sex sex sex from there right to the end. Very graphic, as in :eek:, no joke. Parts of it and you'd be like yeah, I have enough of that.

Or so I've heard. *cough* :cool:

But, I do want to read on to the second and third book to see if he stops spanking her and if they get married. If anyone wants to sum up books 2 and 3, feel free to pm me the jist of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

bubblefett wrote: »
    I'd love to give blood but they said they wouldn't take me because of my tendancies to pass out when people jab me with needles or even show me needles :/

Yeah they've told me not to come back for a few years. Are you really that frightened of needles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

No problem! If you're looking for some good erotica, I recommend Kresley Cole or a book series called "Madam X: School of Sex." Naughty stuff and very hot! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Big mistake at the Olympics - North Korean ladies soccer team are playing, and they show the names, picture and national flag on the big screen, except the wrong flag has been shown - that would be the flag of South Korea - cue the N Korean ladies refusing to come out to play, been resolved now, kicked off 65 minutes late.

You'd expect small mistakes at games, but to mix up the flags of those 2 countries is a major mistake!

Ilyana wrote: »
    Yeah they've told me not to come back for a few years. Are you really that frightened of needles?

I'm really bad, I even felt woozy reading your posts on getting jabbed. I fainted when I visited a friend in hospital last year cause I could see the IV going into his arm! The nurses wanted me to go down to A&E because they didn't understand that I was just that much of a wuss :o
    Same with blood, just can't handle the sight of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And not just any two countries, but those two countries!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Great material for me new blog :D

poor kitten is stretched inside, fed a while ago - and everytime I go in she is asleep/dozing

Polloloca wrote: »
    Its like, you get to page 153 (approx) and its just sex sex sex from there right to the end. Very graphic, as in :eek:, no joke.
    you say that like it's a bad thing :D

I'm really bad, I even felt woozy reading your posts on getting jabbed. I fainted when I visited a friend in hospital last year cause I could see the IV going into his arm! The nurses wanted me to go down to A&E because they didn't understand that I was just that much of a wuss :o
    Same with blood, just can't handle the sight of it.

Oh I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't talk about it so much! Don't faint because of me! :(

IVs are gross though, to be fair. As is blood. I don't like needles either, I do the donation with gritted teeth. My friend is going to start Nursing in college in September and she can't abide needles at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Big mistake at the Olympics - North Korean ladies soccer team are playing, and they show the names, picture and national flag on the big screen, except the wrong flag has been shown - that would be the flag of South Korea - cue the N Korean ladies refusing to come out to play, been resolved now, kicked off 65 minutes late.

You'd expect small mistakes at games, but to mix up the flags of those 2 countries is a major mistake!

Especially since North Korea is best Korea.

Doesn't matter anyway in N Korea every athlete will win every gold medal according to their news :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Just went to view an apartment, its fabulous, I really hope that our friend goes for it, she couldnt view it this eve as she was working, but we took pictures for her. We need to decide by tomorrow am!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Ilyana wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't talk about it so much! Don't faint because of me! :(

IVs are gross though, to be fair. As is blood. I don't like needles either, I do the donation with gritted teeth. My friend is going to start Nursing in college in September and she can't abide needles at all!

Haha don't worry about it, I should actually get used to people talking about that stuff anyways :) Fair play and good luck to your friend- I'm sure she'll encounter so many needles in the course that she'll get used to it fairly quick. I'd have to love to be a vet but the whole blood/needles thing ended that (also I think I'm far too squishy in personality to make the hard decisions vets have to make).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Im sitting beside loads of travel guides.....i wanna go somewhere :(
    I bought 12 travel guides for 3 euro in a charity shop last week. They are my heroine.
    Big mistake at the Olympics - North Korean ladies soccer team are playing, and they show the names, picture and national flag on the big screen, except the wrong flag has been shown - that would be the flag of South Korea
    I cannot stop laughing at this.

I read yesterday that people visiting the DMZ cannot go through if they're wearing ripped jeans because NK spreads propaganda that the reason so many people in the west wear ripped jeans is not because of fashion, but because they cannot afford new trousers. :pac:

Haha don't worry about it, I should actually get used to people talking about that stuff anyways :) Fair play and good luck to your friend- I'm sure she'll encounter so many needles in the course that she'll get used to it fairly quick. I'd have to love to be a vet but the whole blood/needles thing ended that (also I think I'm far too squishy in personality to make the hard decisions vets have to make).

Ah yeah I'm sure she'll be fine. I used to despise handling leftover food, but I have to do it so much at work that it's no big deal now.

Being a vet must be so rewarding but tough in other ways. Like any job where you're dealing with living things in a caring capacity I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Ok, I think I've completed the plan for the next few years of my life:

1. Start and finish final year project.
    2. Graduate.
    3. Become a panda.
    4. Eat.
    5. Sleep.
    6. Repeat steps 4 & 5.
    7. Official panda business.
    8. More of 4 & 5.
    9. Lead panda revolution to overthrow communist government of China.
    10. Pandaing (advanced).
    11. Back to 4 & 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Albection wrote: »
    Ok, I think I've completed the plan for the next few years of my life:

1. Start and finish final year project.
    2. Graduate.
    3. Become a panda.
    4. Eat.
    5. Sleep.
    6. Repeat steps 4 & 5.
    7. Official panda business.
    8. More of 4 & 5.
    9. Lead panda revolution to overthrow communist government of China.
    10. Pandaing (advanced).
    11. Back to 4 & 5.
    Would you not consider becoming a koala?

Ella Bella wrote: »

Pandas are cooler :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I'm not sure that being a koala would be compatible with my raw animal magnetism. :(

Also, cuuuuuuuute!!!
    3088_Panda_Baby.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Pandas are cooler :D
    Only the ones that get a fright from a sneeze :)

• Advertisement

Only the ones that get a fright from a sneeze :)

Not even one playing on a seesaw thing?? :)

146.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement