Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I had my ears pierced twice! I had the normal piercings on the ear lobes when i was 2 but my i had a really bad reaction and my ear lobes swelled up and havent gone back to normal since :(

Got the top of my ear pierced when i was 14 but it shattered the cartridge in my ear and again it swelled up slightly and hasnt gone back down since :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

bluewolf wrote: »
    i always loved ear cuffs, nice ones at the top of the ear

i actually used to think nose piercings with a chain from the nose to the earring were great :D my grandmother said all the women in bangladesh when they used to live there, always wore them
    lol

hardly wear earrings anymore though they annoy me after a while
    can't wear bracelets much either

Why oh why do I have to be allergic to piercings?! I always wanted an eyebrow, a small nose and a few ears. Nothing mad or anything that would permanently change my face but for when I wanna mix it up a bit. I have a tendency to look a bit plain Jane and very conservative. The OH says I sometimes dress like a 40 year old (I am 23).

ihsb wrote: »
    Why oh why do I have to be allergic to piercings?! I always wanted an eyebrow, a small nose and a few ears. Nothing mad or anything that would permanently change my face but for when I wanna mix it up a bit. I have a tendency to look a bit plain Jane and very conservative. The OH says I sometimes dress like a 40 year old (I am 23).

well you can go off and change that by changing your fashion :)
    i used to dress a bit old when i was younger as well
    go and experiment a bit

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

i always loved ear cuffs, nice ones at the top of the ear

i actually used to think nose piercings with a chain from the nose to the earring were great :D my grandmother said all the women in bangladesh when they used to live there, always wore them
    lol

Keep it classy Bluewolf! :P
    hardly wear earrings anymore though they annoy me after a while
    can't wear bracelets much either

Yeah I can't wear bracelets or watches either. Dunno why. Just hate the feel of em on my wrists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

We should start a thread with pics of our fashion "dont's". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Yeah I can't wear bracelets or watches either. Dunno why. Just hate the feel of em on my wrists!

I love bracelets and rings. What I can't wear is any kind of choker, tight necklace or any clothes that touch my neck. I instantly feel like I can't breathe.

I didn't actually wear them :p
    i think it's cos we're musicians :cool:
    definitely can't wear a watch
    jujibee wrote: »
    What I can't wear is any kind of choker, tight necklace or any clothes that touch my neck. I instantly feel like I can't breathe.

me too!!
    i was clearly strangled in a past life :p

well you can go off and change that by changing your fashion :)
    i used to dress a bit old when i was younger as well
    go and experiment a bit

I dress professionally in work, then on my days off I wear what I like. But he gives out if I wear a longer then mini denim skirt, he cannot see my legs then ans says I look middle-aged:D At least I don't wear ill-fitting camouflage shorts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

jujibee wrote: »
    I love bracelets and rings. What I can't wear is any kind of choker, tight necklace or any clothes that touch my neck. I instantly feel like I can't breathe.

Only tight necked t-shirts bother me. I love love love wearing scarves! I've billions of em :P
    i think it's cos we're musicians :cool:
    definitely can't wear a watch

Probably - Would get in the way a lot playing piano! Not flute so much though :/

Probably - Would get in the way a lot playing piano! Not flute so much though :/

oh i wouldnt mind something on my wrists when playing the flute
    :p
    *cough*

scarves are nice, i have a couple of pretty silk ones
    they're loose enough i don't mind them

i borrowed a necklace once and it was a long pearl one (yes) and so i did a double loop
    but it kept tightening a bit at my neck so i kept tugging at it (i know)
    anyway the string snapped and pearls went everywhere :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

me too!!
    i was clearly strangled in a past life :p

That is too funny, I used to tell people I must have been hung in a past life :)

And, yeah. I can handle scarves but they have to be loose. I can't wear turtlenecks or t-shirts with a high neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I dress professionally in work, then on my days off I wear what I like. But he gives out if I wear a longer then mini denim skirt, he cannot see my legs then ans says I look middle-aged:D At least I don't wear ill-fitting camouflage shorts.

:confused: I'd fully expect a bollocking if I dictated what someone I was seeing would wear like that.

krudler wrote: »
    :confused: I'd fully expect a bollocking if I dictated what someone I was seeing would wear like that.

Don't worry. I give as good as I get:p

Damn right. I'd wear them to spite him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My ex used to do that, actually he'd just be like "You're wearing that are you? Grand, I just don't really like it" :mad: Just a few days ago I wore a cute black shirt with white hearts on it, size 10, that I love. The day I bought it and tried it on at home to show my ex he said "Hmm I dunno, it makes you look a bit chunky" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

oh yeah mine was the gun as well in that dodgy place in grafton arcade
    i don't know how my nose didn't rot and fall off, the place is well known... i was young and innocent then :p
    i had a couple extra holes in my ears but got bored with them pretty quick, just have the main ear piercings now that i've had since i was a kid and probably won't ever heal over
    never did hoopy gold ones though :p
    hoopy goldberg ha ha
    (sorry)

Oh I loled:D:D

I dress how I want. I don't have an opinion on how anyone else dresses, tis all personal choice. I wish people weren't looked down on for dressing a certain way/having facial piercings etc.

Don't worry. I give as good as I get:p

Still though, you don't an issue with him telling you not to wear stuff?

Acoshla wrote: »
    My ex used to do that, actually he'd just be like "You're wearing that are you? Grand, I just don't really like it" :mad: Just a few days ago I wore a cute black shirt with white hearts on it, size 10, that I love. The day I bought it and tried it on at home to show my ex he said "Hmm I dunno, it makes you look a bit chunky" :rolleyes:

ha, there's a tactile way you can tell someone something may not suit them, telling them it makes them look chunky aint it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Funny enough i was suppose to meet up with a guy last weekend!
    But then the friday night he text me saying what to wear and i said no! This lead to a bit of a fight and me getting rid of him!

Good thing i did, he was a control freak and told me that a man like him should be respected by the woman and be she should be obedient!

Piss off you psycho!!! :mad:

I couldnt let a man dictate my life in any way what so ever!!

He doesn't tell me not to. He just slags me for it. I tell him what to wear in certain situations but I am a bit of a professional when it comes to mens clothes so it is a bit different.

I like to know what he likes me wearing. I dress firstly for me but wouldn't you want to please the OH?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I always ask for my bf's opinion on clothes and hair and stuff. Just cos he's all hot and yummy:cool:

awec wrote: »
    After the talk of what people wear, I'd just like to point out that I'm an incredibly fashionable and fussy individual when it comes to clothes (and hair). :cool:
    Doesn't mean you look good tho :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

ha, there's a tactile way you can tell someone something may not suit them, telling them it makes them look chunky aint it :pac:

tactile way? like pawing at them? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd say you're reading too much into it. What he seems to be saying is ''you're legs are sexy, please don't cover them up as I like to look at your hot sexy legs''

He doesn't tell me not to. He just slags me for it. I tell him what to wear in certain situations but I am a bit of a professional when it comes to mens clothes so it is a bit different.

I like to know what he likes me wearing. I dress firstly for me but wouldn't you want to please the OH?

well yeah its nice to look good for people and put in the effort but I wouldnt want to be told not to wear certain things if I liked them, tis a thin line all couples must tread at some point. the "I've already decided I like this top but I'm gonna ask you what you think anyway, your answer will determine how the weekend pans out" dilemma :pac:

well yeah its nice to look good for people and put in the effort but I wouldnt want to be told not to wear certain things if I liked them, tis a thin line all couples must tread at some point. the "I've already decided I like this top but I'm gonna ask you what you think anyway, your answer will determine how the weekend pans out" dilemma :pac:

Ah yes. That dilemma. I love that one! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just joined an OD site to see what all the fuss was about, and am currently talking to two seemingly nice guys :D

Coffee with friend in an hour and its sunny, today will be a good day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Funny enough i was suppose to meet up with a guy last weekend!
    But then the friday night he text me saying what to wear and i said no! This lead to a bit of a fight and me getting rid of him!

Good thing i did, he was a control freak and told me that a man like him should be respected by the woman and be she should be obedient!

Piss off you psycho!!! :mad:

I couldnt let a man dictate my life in any way what so ever!!

Maybe he was reading the 50 Shades of Grey manual.

Piercings: I once pierced the cartilage of my ear by hand using an earring from a piercing gun I found in a drawer in my Aunt's. I don't know how my ear didn't fall off.

Chokers: Used to hate anything round my neck, now... yeah I quite like it. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement