Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

awec wrote: »
    It dried in with no stain! Woohoo!

Is your occupation a student? :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

5.30 I woke up this morning. 5 fúcking 30. What gives, Body???

As my Mam would say "I'm as cross as a bag of cats".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Fresh donuts in the office today, om nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm studying in the library, and I had my laptop open on Facebook on the desk in front of me (even though I wasn't even using the laptop at the time, I have all my books out too ...) Just had the old librarian fella come up to tell me "If you spent more time studying and less time on Facebook, you might actually have a chance of passing your Leaving Cert."

Seeing as I did my Leaving Cert nearly ten years ago, I'll take that as a compliment! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Dolorous wrote: »
    Fresh donuts in the office today, om nom nom

omg gimme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Party for the Ireland v Spain match tonight, OPEN BAR!! Huzzaaahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

coco_lola wrote: »
    Party for the Ireland v Spain match tonight, OPEN BAR!! Huzzaaahhh

The open bar should take some of the pain away, I suppose.

The open bar should take some of the pain away, I suppose.

Meah, I'm betting on an Ireland 2-1 win tonight. Nothing like a bit of optimism! :D The whole "underdog" thing suits Ireland, I think!

Meah, I'm betting on an Ireland 2-1 win tonight. Nothing like a bit of optimism! :D The whole "underdog" thing suits Ireland, I think!

I was optimitic too, so I bet on a draw last week. Then Croatia happened. Now I'm realistic but willing to be proven wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Seeing as I did my Leaving Cert nearly ten years ago, I'll take that as a compliment! :D:D:D

I was in Tesco yesterday and the girl at the checkout beside me got asked for ID. She got very aggitated saying "I'm 29, you don't need to ID anyone over 25." etc. etc. I nearly turned to her saying I wouldn't mind being ID'd at 29!! But I could see she was not impressed so I left it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I've eaten beef every day since I got home and have no intention of stopping. Lasagne last night with huge green salad - GREEN SALAD! Oh, bestill my beating heart.

Moving house on Sat morning so still trying to pack. Anyone got a spare helper monkey they can send my way?

Susie_Q wrote: »
    I've eaten beef every day since I got home and have no intention of stopping. Lasagne last night with huge green salad - GREEN SALAD! Oh, bestill my beating heart.

Moving house on Sat morning so still trying to pack. Anyone got a spare helper monkey they can send my way?

Yes, but i'll have to wrap everything in tape several times over before you can move it

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I'm studying in the library, and I had my laptop open on Facebook on the desk in front of me (even though I wasn't even using the laptop at the time, I have all my books out too ...) Just had the old librarian fella come up to tell me "If you spent more time studying and less time on Facebook, you might actually have a chance of passing your Leaving Cert."

Haha XD
    your post has reminded me to start studying...soon. Might try on Monday.

I know it's supposed to be a compliment but I will be happy when I stop getting asked "how's school going? no? college then?"

bluewolf wrote: »
    I know it's supposed to be a compliment but I will be happy when I stop getting asked "how's school going? no? college then?"

Ah I don't get it that often, I do get IDed in pubs etc the odd time, but not enough for it to be annoying! :)

It was just funny because he was so grouchy about it! :D I was so taken aback I just said something like "Eh ... I'll keep that in mind!" :pac:

Eddie Rockets spicy wings here I come :D

Ah I don't get it that often, I do get IDed in pubs etc the odd time, but not enough for it to be annoying! :)

It was just funny because he was so grouchy about it! :D I was so taken aback I just said something like "Eh ... I'll keep that in mind!" :pac:

oh yeah, it does sound funny all right!

i don't seem to get ID'd in pubs, I don't look 15 with makeup on I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I think there's a monsoon outside my house. And I have to go out in it, waaaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiera wrote: »

I had them saturday night, food of the gods when youre drunk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My dole office is so shítty!! :mad:

I singed up last week and they asked me for a bank statement which only came through today. But im not impressed with them at all at the moment. They are trying to get me to prove that my parents dont have a mortgage and dont pay rent...how in fcuks name am i to do that??!! :mad:

so i got everything else i need and i was just going to tell them there is no way to prove it as we inherited the house after my granddad died. I finally get down there and it turns out they close at 11.30 and re open at 2....what kind of office needs a 2 and half hour break!! :mad:

gah!!!

im not a happy camper at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I singed up last week and they asked me for a bank statement which only came through today. But im not impressed with them at all at the moment. They are trying to get me to prove that my parents dont have a mortgage and dont pay rent...how in fcuks name am i to do that??!! :mad:

so i got everything else i need and i was just going to tell them there is no way to prove it as we inherited the house after my granddad died. I finally get down there and it turns out they close at 11.30 and re open at 2....what kind of office needs a 2 and half hour break!! :mad:

gah!!!

im not a happy camper at the moment :(

the joys of government offices, who close for lunch when everyone else is on lunch and needs to go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Cleared out my wardrobe and yesterday I sent about 50% of my clothes down to Oxfam... only this morning to realise there are more clothes in the top of the wardrobe as well. Jaysus! Lots of stuff up there from my dreadlocked hippie days so not sure what kind of ridiculousness I will find, I think this will be funny :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Cleared out my wardrobe and yesterday I sent about 50% of my clothes down to Oxfam... only this morning to realise there are more clothes in the top of the wardrobe as well. Jaysus! Lots of stuff up there from my dreadlocked hippie days so not sure what kind of ridiculousness I will find, I think this will be funny :D

Pictures please!!

krudler wrote: »
    the joys of government offices, who close for lunch when everyone else is on lunch and needs to go there.

i wouldnt mind only its 5km away and i had to walk there coz i dont drive but then my dad was nice and came to collect me on his lunch break! so i have to go back down later on!!

Oh, don't even get me started.. pretty much every encounter with mine ends in tears (mine, obv). Can't wait to be in an actual proper job so that I (hopefully) don't have to deal with them ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yay, I finally updated my blog! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Yay, I finally updated my blog! :D

Is this the knitting blog? What's the link?

Oh, don't even get me started.. pretty much every encounter with mine ends in tears (mine, obv). Can't wait to be in an actual proper job so that I (hopefully) don't have to deal with them ever again.

i genuinely can't wait to get a job! i really cant!!

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »

Food coma :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement