Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I made a rainbow cake. It took 2 days and still looks pretty ****. But I did it :)

11kvxj5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Know the way you're lovely and want to send me some? Will bake cookies in return....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Send some down to cork please :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Chokers: Used to hate anything round my neck, now... yeah I quite like it. :P
    *eyes DK*

I made a rainbow cake. It took 2 days and still looks pretty ****. But I did it :)

it looks way better than mine did... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

krudler wrote: »
    ha, there's a tactile way you can tell someone something may not suit them, telling them it makes them look chunky aint it :pac:

The shirt does suit me though, he's just an unstylish d*ck! I was ready to throw it out after he said that but 6 years later I still have it but hardly wear it because of him, whenever I do I get compliments on it, it's very flattering. Same boy now has horrible dreadlocks that stand up straight from his hairband so I'm sure you'd understand me not trusting his style advice :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    *eyes DK*

They make collars in pretty purple soft leather. You could almost wear it to work. Almost.

They make collars in pretty purple soft leather. You could almost wear it to work. Almost.

that's what i thought!

purple! that sounds really nice...
    i suppose if you had a high collared shirt...

Somebody get me Danny Corona for Christmas please. We have both sworn that if we win the Lotto the first thing we'll do is book the Coronas for our wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Got my eyebrows properly shaped this morning, which was much needed. Getting them waxed wasn't as painful as I expected.

Had a wee bit much to drink last night too, should have saved the drinking for the weekend but ah well. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That cake is deadly Stench Blossoms!!!! Linky to the receipe please.

• Advertisement

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27699/layered+rainbow+cake

I made swiss buttercream (obviously way too much though ! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

What used to drive me mad was when I was with my ex, and he would ask me which shirt/jeans/shoes looked better. There was always only a choice of two. I would choose, and he would always tell me he preferred the other one. WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER! :mad:

on my own for lunch today. good reason to finally force myself out to look around debenhams.
    too lazy though. :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Lovely lunch with my former colleagues. My old dragon of a boss is moving on. I'm delighted for them, they won't know themselves once the new person takes over. I have a fair idea who it'll be and apparently they are great to work for.

Feel kinda sorry for the dragon's new subordinates though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going down to Motivation now, girlies. Wish me luck!
    After that, it's in to Stigmata-Tau to get my ears checked over by a professional. Hope it's that very handsome heavily tattooed/pierced lad that grinned at me when I dropped down a stack of old Bizarre Magazines last month. I don't normally find the majority of men attractive but he was an absolute dish! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Best of luck :)

awec wrote: »
    What a day. Really tempted to just go work outside.

It's gorgeous out, I went for a big long walk with the dog and took work phone with me, dealt with 3 inquiries whilst trying to sound like I wasn't out wandering through fields in the sunshine :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im just back from the nicest walk! :)

Its so nice out!

And now i have to make food for the parents so its twice cooked turkey fillets with a marinade of honey and soy sauce! :)

Keep thinking it's Friday. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Thursday is almost Friday :D

In relation to looking ridiculous, when I was a teenager I wore my jeans so baggy that when it rained, they'd soak up puddles from the ground and end up wet to knees. Oh, and underwear peeking out the top too a la Averil Lavigne. /cringes :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Welcome back DK - well jealous about Wicked!! Do you mind me asking where ye got the tickets, and were they expensive?? I was looking at going in September or October, something like £70 a ticket!
    Avoid most of the places that claim to sell discount tickets, most of them are scammers. The official discount tickets provider is called TKTS and it is in Leicester Square. The tickets that they have on sale depend on the popularity of the show - I don’t think they ever have tickets for The Lion King, for example, as there is always demand, and I think they’re less likely to have good tickets at weekends. Saturday night is always the busiest time in theatres and the good seats go quicker, so if it’s possible for you to go on a Tuesday or something it’s worth doing.

When I went to see Wicked the first time we sat near the front of one of the circles, it was fine! The tickets were around £35 from the theatre itself, and my student discount brought it down to around £30 - I could have got the full price tickets at that price, but the friend I went with didn’t have a student card and we didn’t want to sit separately because that would be lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Scarinae wrote: »
    Avoid most of the places that claim to sell discount tickets, most of them are scammers. The official discount tickets provider is called TKTS and it is in Leicester Square. The tickets that they have on sale depend on the popularity of the show - I don’t think they ever have tickets for The Lion King, for example, as there is always demand, and I think they’re less likely to have good tickets at weekends. Saturday night is always the busiest time in theatres and the good seats go quicker, so if it’s possible for you to go on a Tuesday or something it’s worth doing.

We got awesome tickets from them for mid-week shows with the Royal Shakespeare company (many years ago). 2nd Row center for both Merchant of Venice and The Tempest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Scarinae wrote: »

Fantastic, thanks! I'll remember that when I go over - load of shows that I want to go to see, would be fine ways to spend a Tuesday or Wednesday evening! List so far has Wicked and Shrek on top, Les Mis, Mamma Mia, Rock of Ages :D can't wait to start crossing them off - have to start earning first!

Hospital rang - operation has been pushed up to tomorrow, which in one way is great, means that I have more time to recover before I head to London, other way means that the blitz I'm going to Sunday is going to be a bit awkward!

Fantastic, thanks! I'll remember that when I go over - load of shows that I want to go to see, would be fine ways to spend a Tuesday or Wednesday evening! List so far has Wicked and Shrek on top, Les Mis, Mamma Mia, Rock of Ages :D can't wait to start crossing them off - have to start earning first!

Hospital rang - operation has been pushed up to tomorrow, which in one way is great, means that I have more time to recover before I head to London, other way means that the blitz I'm going to Sunday is going to be a bit awkward!

The only thing on my list now is Matilda.

Good luck with your op tomorrow, ladycakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Yesterday the little add at the bottom of my screen had that nappy rash cream and a photo of a babies bum on my screen. Today its advertising Nurofen for children with a picture of a baby. There's no way I'm knocked up, but it's unnerving me big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Polloloca wrote: »
    Yesterday the little add at the bottom of my screen had that nappy rash cream and a photo of a babies bum on my screen. Today its advertising Nurofen for children with a picture of a baby. There's no way I'm knocked up, but it's unnerving me big time.

get adblockers, no more baby asses appearing

Oh lads this cold is not fun :( Lemsip before I go to a table quiz tonight, yay I love quizzes! :)

Aw man I'm so upset. Saw a dress I've lusted over for months on Dorothy Perkins, down from £42 to £12, both 12 and 14 there, either would do as I could get 14 taken in. Put them in basket at 1am, went to buy now and only 8 and 10 left in stock, I'm stupidly upset :( It was perfect for my friend's wedding :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

When are you moving over, is it soon? I will happily go to musicals and still haven’t managed to see Les Mis!

I hope that all goes well for you tomorrow.
    The only thing on my list now is Matilda.
    Matilda is so funny! If you do go to see it, try to stay in your seat during the interval, it’s worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement