Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I have two more days before I have a week of holiday and I just can not focus. My brain seems to think I should be on holiday already :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jujibee wrote: »
    I have two more days before I have a week of holiday and I just can not focus. My brain seems to think I should be on holiday already :o

ehrmahgerd hollerdayy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The kitten has found a tiny Christmas bauble, she's racing it up and down the hall, cute but irritating to my cold ridden self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ordered my bridesmaids dresses, gotta love the Debenhams sale :D

I am dead on my feet today *snore*

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh lads this cold is not fun :( Lemsip before I go to a table quiz tonight, yay I love quizzes! :)

Aw man I'm so upset. Saw a dress I've lusted over for months on Dorothy Perkins, down from £42 to £12, both 12 and 14 there, either would do as I could get 14 taken in. Put them in basket at 1am, went to buy now and only 8 and 10 left in stock, I'm stupidly upset :( It was perfect for my friend's wedding :(

Call the galway shop and see do they have it? you might get someone nice enough to put it aside for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Oh lads this cold is not fun :( Lemsip before I go to a table quiz tonight, yay I love quizzes! :)

Aw man I'm so upset. Saw a dress I've lusted over for months on Dorothy Perkins, down from £42 to £12, both 12 and 14 there, either would do as I could get 14 taken in. Put them in basket at 1am, went to buy now and only 8 and 10 left in stock, I'm stupidly upset :( It was perfect for my friend's wedding :(

This might sound a little odd, but I'm in Dublin, and have stupid amounts of free time, if the Galway shop don't have it, I could check the shops here for you, if you send me a picture of it... could post it or something then..? :o promise i'm not (too) weird.

I also have a cold :( never had a cold in summer before. well, actually haven't been sick in a year or more I'd say. *sniffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Neyite wrote: »
    Call the galway shop and see do they have it? you might get someone nice enough to put it aside for you?

Hmm never thought of that actually, I won't be in Galway for *ages* though so might be impractical for them to hold it for me. I'll give a few of them a shout actually, more chance of me getting it picked up in Dublin or Cork, my lovely friend said if I can get a 16 or 14 she'll take it in for me :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hmm never thought of that actually, I won't be in Galway for *ages* though so might be impractical for them to hold it for me. I'll give a few of them a shout actually, more chance of me getting it picked up in Dublin or Cork, my lovely friend said if I can get a 16 or 14 she'll take it in for me :)

If galway have it I can pick it up and send it out to u :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I think i got a little sun burnt today :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Scarinae wrote: »
    When are you moving over, is it soon? I will happily go to musicals and still haven’t managed to see Les Mis!

I'm moving over the last week of August, still trying to sort out accomodation, but have a few options - looking forward to it!
    The kitten has found a tiny Christmas bauble, she's racing it up and down the hall, cute but irritating to my cold ridden self.

We gave our kitten my plastic practise golf balls to play with, great fun for her and to watch!

Took her outside, she was terrified at first but seemed to get better, walked her around the house in my arms, and she was shaking! Inside sleeping now after I rubbed her belly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Lol, I love Twitter's fail screen.

KYiwT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

bluewolf wrote: »
    tactile way? like pawing at them? :D

No, that's how you say you like what they're wearing... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

since i started work ive dropped 12 pounds :)

Ive downloaded a fitness and diet app today which is going to help me along too :)

I wish i were pretty too like all those summery ladies out there instead of feeling like an elephant

oh well

suggested going out with german people after class to celebrate but tempted to just go home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

It is cloudy and humid here. No sun for us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I lost 1 1/2lbs this week, taking my total loss so far to 23 1/2lbs. I've got 6lbs more to loose before I hit my target of loosing 2 stone. :)
    I also went to Stigmata-Tau about my ears. Luckily, no damage done though according to Nate the piercer, the best option would be to wait for 2 weeks for the holes to close up and then get them repierced and professionally tapered at 0.1mm size.
    Sounds good so that's what I'll do.

I also have smoked salmon and Ryvita. Nom nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

I gots some lovely sunshine today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Congratulations pixie and mcchubbin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think I've actually put on a little weight. not much, but it's annoying me.

I'm very hungover today :(

and I've been looking at more boots online... not that I can afford anything..

got a letter from the electricity provider stating that the direct debit failed to go through because there wasn't enough in the account... I put the money in THE DAY BEFORE, to make sure I wouldn't get stung by any bank fees or anything, and this still must've happened... what the hell? **** :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So I'm now in hospital for the second night here. Hopefully I'll be out tomorrow! Between having no nightwear or toothbrush, having a sore cannula in my arm and have to listen to one woman whinge constantly (her latest moan has been that my parents have been visiting me all day) I cannot wait to get of here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

So I'm now in hospital for the second night here. Hopefully I'll be out tomorrow!

Woah, back up! You're in hospital?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I feel so alone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

Woah, back up! You're in hospital?! :(

That's exactly my question too! What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Well done McChubbin, that's a great achievement.

Not a nice feeling at all. want to share?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

So I'm now in hospital for the second night here. Hopefully I'll be out tomorrow! Between having no nightwear or toothbrush, having a sore cannula in my arm and have to listen to one woman whinge constantly (her latest moan has been that my parents have been visiting me all day) I cannot wait to get of here!

Oh noes, I hope you're okay MCR!

Had a really nice day until I remembered all the stupid crap going on lately, and now I'm in bad form :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    I wish i were pretty too like all those summery ladies out there instead of feeling like an elephant

oh well

suggested going out with german people after class to celebrate but tempted to just go home

UR pretty, stupid. (see, commas are important)
    Links234 wrote: »
    I think I've actually put on a little weight. not much, but it's annoying me.

I'm very hungover today :(

and I've been looking at more boots online... not that I can afford anything..

got a letter from the electricity provider stating that the direct debit failed to go through because there wasn't enough in the account... I put the money in THE DAY BEFORE, to make sure I wouldn't get stung by any bank fees or anything, and this still must've happened... what the hell? **** :(

Sounds like a write-off of a day. Tea and telly ftw.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

hey whats up are you ok! MCRxbaby hope you get well soon :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry to hear that you're sick, XxMCRxBabyxX.
    Hope you get out of hospital and recover soon. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Let's get funky!

In other news, I'm considering trying my hand at art once more. Anyone know of any good places to get art supplies on the cheap? I've already got a ton of sketchpads. Just need pencils as my current set is wearing down. I also appear to have lost my big pencil case full of needle-nib fineliners. :(
    Great for inking comics...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Sorry guys! I prob should have explained more!

I had yet another fit (no 5!) and this time it was in work in front everyone! Quite embarrassing tbh. But everyone was really good (as far as I've heard) and they called me an ambulance after looking after me in the office. it's the first fit that anyone else has witnessed.

And so since then I've been in hospital. Started in A&E yesterday and was moved to a trolley last night as I was going to have to wait til today to get the scans and tests I need. Had the scans and tests and now I have to wait til tomorrow til I get the results!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement