Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Jesus, MCRBaby! Hope you're alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

Sorry guys! I prob should have explained more!

I had yet another fit (no 5!) and this time it was in work in front everyone! Quite embarrassing tbh. But everyone was really good (as far as I've heard) and they called me an ambulance after looking after me in the office. it's the first fit that anyone else has witnessed.

And so since then I've been in hospital. Started in A&E yesterday and was moved to a trolley last night as I was going to have to wait til today to get the scans and tests I need. Had the scans and tests and now I have to wait til tomorrow til I get the results!

Yikes! Poor you. Did you get any sleep last night on trolley? Hope you getting some rest, best of luck with results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Wow, that must be scary! I hope you are okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Oh God MCR that is so scary!! Hope you are ok! xxx

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

NCONTHEMC wrote: »
    Sorry guys! I prob should have explained more!

I had yet another fit (no 5!) and this time it was in work in front everyone! Quite embarrassing tbh. But everyone was really good (as far as I've heard) and they called me an ambulance after looking after me in the office. it's the first fit that anyone else has witnessed.

And so since then I've been in hospital. Started in A&E yesterday and was moved to a trolley last night as I was going to have to wait til today to get the scans and tests I need. Had the scans and tests and now I have to wait til tomorrow til I get the results!

Yikes! Poor you. Did you get any sleep last night on trolley? Hope you getting some rest, best of luck with results.

Sorry, I meant to say moved from a trolley to a bed!

Thanks for all the concern ladies :-)

Typically tomorrow is meant to be my last day in work too! Talk about going out with a bang!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Fell asleep with a Olympics program on which made me dream that I won the gold in loads of races :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Wow MCRBaby, you poor divil, that must be so frightening. Hope they figure out what's wrong and get you better soon.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I hope you get out of hospital soon, MCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Wow MCR i hope you're alright. At least now you've had witnesses to it and your getting help for it x
    Hope you get out soon love.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I feel so alone. :(

Anything you want to share?? We're great at listening
    So I'm now in hospital for the second night here. Hopefully I'll be out tomorrow! Between having no nightwear or toothbrush, having a sore cannula in my arm and have to listen to one woman whinge constantly (her latest moan has been that my parents have been visiting me all day) I cannot wait to get of here!

Get well soon! Hope you get out of there tomorrow, and that the docs have answers to the whatever you have!

Was kinda worried about a noise coming from the kitten, googled it and it turns out it was purring at me :o:o Was also kinda concerned that she was sleeping alot, but turns out that is normal - she had some fairly active days the last few with everyone being around, and the fact that she was out for about a total of an hour in three different trips - I'm a pure worrier!! :o:o Guaranteed she'll be up at 6 or 7 tomorrow scratching at the kitchen door!

And of course, my lovely knee is sore tonight :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

McChubbin wrote: »
    Let's get funky!

In other news, I'm considering trying my hand at art once more. Anyone know of any good places to get art supplies on the cheap? I've already got a ton of sketchpads. Just need pencils as my current set is wearing down. I also appear to have lost my big pencil case full of needle-nib fineliners. :(
    Great for inking comics...

Ebay is a good source if you do your research on sellers feedback etc. Vibes and scribes are good in Cork, I think they have a website.

Miaireland wrote: »
    Ebay is a good source if you do your research on sellers feedback etc. Vibes and scribes are good in Cork, I think they have a website.

I just discovered CorkArtSupplies.Com. They sell Studio Liner Copic Markers!!! *flails wildly* I'm looking for some good art books, mainly on drawing tattoo designs and anatomical-style skulls. My own style is too laughably cartoony to be considered worthy of being inked.
    My original goal when I left secondary was to become an animator and someday work in the character design department of Pixar. I miss those days- drawing came easy and I wasn't crippled with writer's/artist's block or underlying stresses. *lesigh*
    One thing I always had the most trouble with drawing is hands and feet.

Also: I want these like burning:
    http://corkartsupplies.com/COPIC-Ciao-72pk-Set-B-C02851

Gonna see if I can find them for cheaper on eBay.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I heart running

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Opening ceremonies are tomorrow! I am giddy :D

My husband has no interest at all, so he is preparing to be bored out of his skull for the next two weeks while I babble about the Olympics :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Hope you feel better soon MCR, that must have been so scary!

I should not have watched 500 Days of Summer. In a really mopey, woe-is-me mood now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

WinterSong wrote: »

I should not have watched 500 Days of Summer. In a really mopey, woe-is-me mood now.

Awwh! Hug for you!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Thank you :)<3

I just discovered CorkArtSupplies.Com. They sell Studio Liner Copic Markers!!! *flails wildly* I'm looking for some good art books, mainly on drawing tattoo designs and anatomical-style skulls. My own style is too laughably cartoony to be considered worthy of being inked.
    My original goal when I left secondary was to become an animator and someday work in the character design department of Pixar. I miss those days- drawing came easy and I wasn't crippled with writer's/artist's block or underlying stresses. *lesigh*
    One thing I always had the most trouble with drawing is hands and feet.

Also: I want these like burning:
    http://corkartsupplies.com/COPIC-Ciao-72pk-Set-B-C02851

Gonna see if I can find them for cheaper on eBay.

I'm a promarker girl myself :p Cork art supplies is a brilliant site, I've used them before. I loves drawing skulls :o Most of my portfolio was drawings of animal skulls. Old school option but you can get some great books from the library :cool: I tend to borrow art books cause I'll use them for a week then be bored of them

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hope you get well soon MCRBaby!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oh my god I would kill for these boots :eek:

tumblr_lzd3ej53XZ1qzeqpuo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

jujibee wrote: »
    Opening ceremonies are tomorrow! I am giddy :D

My husband has no interest at all, so he is preparing to be bored out of his skull for the next two weeks while I babble about the Olympics :o:p

I cannot wait!! Saw the preview video of the dress rehearsal, looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Are they like wearing flip flops, Links? I'm presuming it's just your big toe in the first section...yus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Are they like wearing flip flops, Links? I'm presuming it's just your big toe in the first section...yus?
    yep, just like that ;)

bubblefett wrote: »
    I'm a promarker girl myself :p Cork art supplies is a brilliant site, I've used them before. I loves drawing skulls :o Most of my portfolio was drawings of animal skulls. Old school option but you can get some great books from the library :cool: I tend to borrow art books cause I'll use them for a week then be bored of them
    I have an aweful tendency to forget to bring back libary books before the deadline. :p I've used ProMarkers in the past but I find they're not as blendable as the Copics.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Fell asleep with a Olympics program on which made me dream that I won the gold in loads of races :D
    Hahaha!
    I dreamed the night before last that I logged onto boards and loads more people had changed their names and I got in a big strop. I'm not even cool in my dreams. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

WinterSong wrote: »

I really liked that film but yeah, you don't exactly want to jump up and sing afterwards.

I honestly could not give a flying pig about the Olympics. I'm *mildly* interested in the Paralympics as I personally think they work 100 times harder than conventional athletes but on the whole, sports of any kind have never interested me in the slightest.

I have an aweful tendency to forget to bring back libary books before the deadline. :p I've used ProMarkers in the past but I find they're not as blendable as the Copics.

Fair point, come to think of it I think I still owe €30 to the ncad library :pac: I've been using promarker since I was in school so I've just gotten used to them :)
    Ha I'm suddenly inspired to draw something... *continues watching tv*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I feel really sick. In bed all evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement