Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I saw the shoes that Links posted the pic of.. They're freaky but really cool at the same time. And I love those footsie socks. :)
    Yay, someone who doesn't hate my footwear preferences :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I just had an awful few days. I went to bed at 2am wednesday night/thursday morning and didn't actually fall asleep until 10am eight hours later. Room mates woke me at 6pm for dinner, ate a tiny bit and felt awful so I went back to bed. Tossed and turned until about three hours ago, woke up, had a smoke, still felt awful and went back to bed, then I woke up again and had a coffee and checked my phone. It turns out if I want to get in contact with people to go out with, I just have to be passed out in bed oblivious to the world. Three different invites to different things, and I missed them all. :(

But today will be a good day. Coffee has enthused me. I have to go shopping for body painting paints (a friend is part of the World Record Attempt but can't get off work to get his stuff.) Then it's a party tonight, the first party I've been to in yonks. All that's standing between me and an amazing day is a few hours of work in the afternoon. Hair shall be let down tonight. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Posy wrote: »
    People who mistreat animals are vile... anyone who gets their kicks out of hurting a defenceless animal- or child- make me sick.
    When is this Animal Health and Welfare Act actually coming into force, if ever?

Best of luck tomorrow, Rebel girl!! xxx

I've no idea when they'll finally bring it in, it's long overdue and it's ridiculous that we're still using the 1911 animal protection act. Cat's are still classed as vermin and there is nothing to stop puppy farms :(
    http://www.anvilireland.ie are brilliant, they're leading the fight to get the new act passed asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Good luck today rebel girl, your posts sound like you're going for surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

FridayFridayFridayFridayFriday!

Also, feel better to all the sick peoples :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Hey howdy hey!

Back from Italia. Eaten alive (10 bites at the last count), wrecked and about a stone heavier. It was fab, though.

Any news?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Good luck today MCR! I remember it took months for my brother to be diagnosed with epilepsy, so it is a stressful time when you're trying to find the reason for the fits. I hope you get your answers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I feel bad about not reading MCR's and rebel girl's posts.. :o Good luck though ladies. :)

A friend is part of the record attempt to have the most amount of people bodypainted in a single go, which is tomorrow. He's texted me and asked me to pick him up some bodypaint and brushes because he can't get to buy them with work. The only thing they're allowed wear if they want to cover themselves is a white thong. He is scared of buying it himself and plans to make a home-made one. I can't let this happen and will end up buying him a thong today.

So today I am buying a bro a thong so he can parade around in front of people as a painted Chewbacca. He's throwing a party tonight so would it be unfair if I demand a fashion show first?

• Advertisement

good luck mcr and rebel

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Albection wrote: »
    You may not hear this very often given your intellect, but you're very wrong on this. :)

~~~~

I has a sleepy. /flails limbs

Also, think I just outnerded myself to unforeseen extents a few minutes ago. :D

You are such a sweetie, Al:D

Also, I agree:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hello hangover my old friend...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Good luck today rebel girl, your posts sound like you're going for surgery

thanks! Yeah, was supposed to be this day week, but hospital rang yesterday to see if I could do today. Was very bad with nerves earlier, now that I'm here it isn't too bad!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Ooh good luck rebelgirl! It's good that you can get it out of the way sooner :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Eugh, the iron supplements are giving me heartburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Good luck today, will be thinking of you Rebel xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Bah, first day of my post-holiday attempt to stop eating all before me, and the team at the end of the corridor are having a Belgian waffle morning. The smell is pure torture, I'm like the Bisto gravy kids here sniffing away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Best of luck RG!

Pre-marriage course tonight, weirdly looking forward to it! Sorta like a school retreat :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dolbert wrote: »
    Best of luck RG!

Pre-marriage course tonight, weirdly looking forward to it! Sorta like a school retreat :p

Where you going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Best of luck Rebel Girl!

I can't waaaaiiit to get my holidays from work. I have the August bank holiday weekend off, plus the next six days after :D
    I'll be delighted to get out of the place, even if I'm not going anywhere or doing anything exciting.

Tbh I don't think my manager realised that the weekend I requested off is the bank holiday, but I'm saying nothing :cool:

I have to come back a day earlier than I wanted to work for this big agricultural show thing. The joys of country living :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Apparently the Olympic opening ceremony tonight will feature Lord Voldemort fighting Mary Poppins?! :confused::D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Scarinae wrote: »
    Lord Voldemort fighting Mary Poppins?! :confused::D

Now that's random :eek::D

Apparently the Olympic opening ceremony tonight will feature Lord Voldemort fighting Mary Poppins?! :confused::D

is this another person having an olympics dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Two front tyres and tracking on my car today, and a deposit to put down on an apartment.

Fcuk you August! I just got paid :(

I practically hear the Whoosh as my funds leave my account!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

bluewolf wrote: »
    is this another person having an olympics dream?

No I'm serious! They're trying to keep the details under wraps, but with 15,000 volunteers some of it was bound to leak. It looks like Alice in Wonderland, Captain Hook and Cruella de Vil will be making appearances as well.

I can't embed this picture into my post for some reason, but there's an image of the Voldemort on Twitter here twitpic.com/ac5ggh

No I'm serious! They're trying to keep the details under wraps, but with 15,000 volunteers some of it was bound to leak. It looks like Alice in Wonderland, Captain Hook and Cruella de Vil will be making appearances as well.

Now I want to see a stadium flooded with 10,000 dalmatian puppies. (And me running around having ultimate puppy fun with them.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Good luck to all those with surgeries! *big hugs*

Just remembered I get paid in a few days! Going for girlie lunch for sos lunchtime chats. Boyfriend threw a HUGE curveball into our plans for going away..

I don't know if i should be happy for him or secretly fuming at him... Bleh :(

Going to do a wee trawl of the charity stores first to see if I can pick myself up something nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Last tag match today and really don't want to play it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement