Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Where you going?

It's a local one, this evening and all day tomorrow. Taking Monday off as compensation for losing my Saturday ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Two front tyres and tracking on my car today, and a deposit to put down on an apartment.

Fcuk you August! I just got paid :(

I practically hear the Whoosh as my funds leave my account!

ouch :eek::(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dolbert wrote: »
    It's a local one, this evening and all day tomorrow. Taking Monday off as compensation for losing my Saturday ;)

We did a Friday / Saturday one too in Athenry. It was brilliant. Seriously one of the best weekends I ever had. And the lovey-dovey feeling you get for a little while after is aces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Got me a cineworld unlimited card... cannot wait to take it for a spin! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Dolbert wrote: »
    Best of luck RG!

Pre-marriage course tonight, weirdly looking forward to it! Sorta like a school retreat :p
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    We did a Friday / Saturday one too in Athenry. It was brilliant. Seriously one of the best weekends I ever had. And the lovey-dovey feeling you get for a little while after is aces.

Enjoy Dolbert! Ours was great fun, never laughed as much, and ate SO much free chocolate, they sure know how to win me over :pac:

Ah_Yeah I had to pay €600 last weekend because my baby car needed a new engine, been living on a pittance all week...minus last night when boyfriend bought me a pretty top, takeaway and two pints, he so nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Myself and the brother are going to Tullamore for the Laois v Meath match tomorrow. Mammy just gave us the money to cover train tickets and tickets for the match. She must be in a good mood lol. :)

Off to straighten my hair and do my make up, have a shift in the LSPCA shop this afternoon. :)

Later loungers!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I can't wait for our pre marriage course. It's not til January:(

Just in from a run. I smell, dog it sitting with her back to me:D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I can't wait for our pre marriage course. It's not til January:(

Just in from a run. I smell, dog it sitting with her back to me:D

When's your wedding again? We booked ours early just to get it out of the way!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So I'm still here... I've been promised that I will get out today but I can't leave til my MRI results are in and the neurologist has seen me so could be a while yet! :-(

I just want to get out so that I can at least get in work for an hour of my last day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Hopefully it won't be too long, MCR.

I wonder how Pinkheels is doing with her first Ramadan.

My friend is bringing her new puppy over for a visit and I am very, very excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    You know those emails you get from Amazon recommending you stuff? They think I'd like this. What the actual fcuk?

Not quite as tragic as the time they told me about the "Boyfriend pillow".

I laughed at this post, a lot. :D
    Last tag match today and really don't want to play it :(

Why not?

Last night at tag, a girl comes up to us asking were we such and such a team. No we said. But pointed her in the direction of a group of players standing a bit away. She goes "Oh no. I reeeeally don't want to talking to someone on that team". Ha ha. Awkward!

Acoshla wrote: »
    When's your wedding again? We booked ours early just to get it out of the way!

May. Less than 10 months:eek::eek::eek:

Our paperwork has to be dated within 6 months of the wedding. I had it booked for April but had to cancel:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Larianne wrote: »
    Why not?

Last night at tag, a girl comes up to us asking were we such and such a team. No we said. But pointed her in the direction of a group of players standing a bit away. She goes "Oh no. I reeeeally don't want to talking to someone on that team". Ha ha. Awkward!

Sooo much bitchiness on the team. It's not fun anymore.

in my endeavour to snap out of it, i shall relate an amusing fact: my german teacher told me to use capital letters at the start of my sentences :pac:
    in my defense i did use capitals for all the nouns. and "i" doesn't take a capital.

:pac:

Lucyfur wrote: »
    May. Less than 10 months:eek::eek::eek:

Our paperwork has to be dated within 6 months of the wedding. I had it booked for April but had to cancel:(

So soon! :) I'm bridesmaid in 8 months, eep, on bridesmaid diet already! :eek::p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

All done, lovely black knee brace :D

Walking straight away, no crutches which I'm kinda worried about tbh, have a set in the car though

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    I was feeling tired so went for an espresso, ordered the usual double but after I noticed the sign said "all regular shots are now double shots for no extra cost".

Does that mean I have a quadruple espresso? The cup is bigger than usual! I'll be wired! :D

2shots1cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

When I first woke up (about half an hour ago :o) I thought that today would be the first day all week that I wasn't tired. Turned out that it just needed a little bit to hit me. :( Plarg!

Still, I has a happy so my happy dance will just have to be low key. :)

Great that it went so well RebelGirl! Hope it sorts the whole thing out for you.

And best of luck MCR! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going go buy some new sketching materials down in Easons and attempt to use up one of the many unfinished notebooks littered around my room.
    I miss sketching. T'was relaxing. :/
    I also need a mocha frap so bad right now.

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    Going go buy some new sketching materials down in Easons and attempt to use up one of the many unfinished notebooks littered around my room.
    I miss sketching. T'was relaxing. :/

Funny, sketching makes me so miserable and stressed, thanks to my sh*t tutors in art college.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

soooo, my housemate was given a cake, she had some and didnt like it, and told me I can have the rest. its like, the entire cake minus a sliver that was cut out. noms aplenty.

Acoshla wrote: »
    So soon! :) I'm bridesmaid in 8 months, eep, on bridesmaid diet already! :eek::p

I know. I'm so horribly relaxed about the whole thing....I fear I may go into a mental panic at some stage...maybe...

Have my bridesmaid dress picked but as she is up le duff there's no point in getting it yet:D

Boys have nothing done about suits, don't care, once the 2 men I love are there, I don't care if they're in surfer shorts and flip flops, or penguin suits:D:D

Oh, got the candles the other day. They're loverly:D:D

EDIT: How awesome would it be if they dressed up as actual penguins....I'd LOVE that I <3 penguins

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

friday43.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sooo much bitchiness on the team. It's not fun anymore.

Really? Oh no. Jeez, hope my team doesn't get like that. I just want to play for fun and get my fitness up.
    All done, lovely black knee brace :D

Walking straight away, no crutches which I'm kinda worried about tbh, have a set in the car though

If you feel a bit wobbly, use the crutches for balance. I'm sure you'll be flying around the place in no time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Can I come in? Long time lurker, first time poster & most importantly cake fanatic.

I've done this Leinster rugby jersey cake for a friends 30th this weekend.
    IMG_2736.jpg?t=1343400670

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

My waters tell me you will fit in well, Hazelnut Button..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm freeeeee (nearly)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cake!! Hazelnut, you'll fit right in here!!

Out of hospital, said it to the nurse that i didn't feel too stable walking, so he spoke to the physio, and I got a set of crutches. Staff in fairness were fantastic, still on my phone, will catch up on thread later!!

Hope MCR is okay and the scans come back okay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Wheeeee I have my first weekend off in over two months (well most of it, I'm working Sunday). And it's payday :D So I've bought some loverly shoes and loads of chocolate and plan on having the most epicly relaxing few days ever. Happy Friday everyone! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement