Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Happy friday all!!

425088_390434937685567_2021085717_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Longest. Week. Ever. Hurry up 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey, like hazelnut I am a long time lurker, been afraid to join in, in case I intrude! Haven't made cake though! Hope you all don't mind me joining?

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey, like hazelnut I am a long time lurker, been afraid to join in, in case I intrude! Haven't made cake though! Hope you all don't mind me joining?

Welcome m'lady :)

Oooh, I feel like I'm in a Shakespeare film now.

We'll need the cake though.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Ah_Yeah wrote: »

Welcome m'lady :)

Oooh, I feel like I'm in a Shakespeare film now.

We'll need the cake though.

:D

Thank you! Is a shop bought variety ok? Lol

• Advertisement

Thank you! Is a shop bought variety ok? Lol

Chocolate noms please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I never brought a cake when I joined in :o
    here's one: a shoe cake, the best kind
    chanel+shoe+cake+222_enl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Could someone make it 6pm please. I'll give them cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Don't be silly! Come on in! Although...

where's the cake?

*eyes suspiciously*

You're not a spy, are you?

Also, welcome Hazelnut. Great job on the jersey cake. Don't be embarrassed but you spelled "Connacht" wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

• Advertisement

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Also, welcome Hazelnut. Great job on the jersey cake. Don't be embarrassed but you spelled "Connacht" wrong.

Its a Leinster jersey. Am i totally missing the joke here? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I LOVE the clean freak cake:D:D:D

Pity it's not the miele cat and dog hair hoover....it's far better than henry....

....I love cleaning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Its a Leinster jersey. Am i totally missing the joke here? :o

Foux is from the west. Home of all things awesome:cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Foux is from the west. Home of all things awesome:cool:

(I was going to post the Pet Shop Boys but decided that creamed rice would be better)

oh wow, your cakes are fantastic HB! I especially love the baby animal one, it's gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

fantastic cakes Hazel, I can bake but when it comes to anything other than plan icing, I suck:o

I making some "everything thats left in the fridge" bolognese and the house smells amazing, roll on dinner time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I get to see magic mike tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

rebel girl and MCR - hope you're both okay. xx

Welcome to Hazelnut Button and m'lady. I love your usernames, very cool. :)

Got a lovely recipe for chocolate mousse, going to have a go at making it in a while. :)

Thanks everyone. Glad you like them.

Heading West this weekend for a couple of days with himself to experience this awesomeness you speak of :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Welcome Hazelnut Button and m'lady!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Hey new loungers!

had a two hour lunch with my bestie chatting about my boy issues.. i gots apple pies!

still none the wiser with what to do with my boyfriend.. my heart says stay here, my head tells me i won't get a science job!

:-( i has a sads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Has anyone here read William Fredkin's "Exrocist"? I'm told it's much scarier than the movie.
    Also, I have sketching paraphenalia and no idea what to draw. Might try my hand at copying out some simple designs from my book of tattoo flash.
    I'm getting antsy to go under the needle again. Soon as I get €200 I'm getting my Eeyore tat come hell or high water.
    My MeeMaw said she'll give me a few bob when/if this accident claim ever gets sorted. I'm hoping to put it towards my tat and hopefully towards a neat looking Open University course on Creative Writing.
    I downloaded 1001 Creative Writing Prompts onto my Kindle so I'm going try and kick my muse awake and see if I can get back into the swing of drawing/writing comic art.
    I'm so out of practice that I need to completely relearn how to draw even the most basic things. *goes to look up Don Conroy books*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Hey new loungers!

had a two hour lunch with my bestie chatting about my boy issues.. i gots apple pies!

still none the wiser with what to do with my boyfriend.. my heart says stay here, my head tells me i won't get a science job!

:-( i has a sads!

He's not going too? :( That's a tough choice!

Oh my God why can't I stop sleeping during the day?? I don't have time for this >_<

I am gonna splash out on something I have wanted for ages, a super nice North Face rain coat. Oh I am a slave for fashion :p Also spent a lot of money this week to apply for a work permit, I'll need a job soon the way I am going!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

McChubbin wrote: »
    I downloaded 1001 Creative Writing Prompts onto my Kindle so I'm going try and kick my muse awake and see if I can get back into the swing of drawing/writing comic art.
    I'm so out of practice that I need to completely relearn how to draw even the most basic things. *goes to look up Don Conroy books*

I got out of drawing/art for ages and it wasn't until the boyfriend bought me a really nice sketch book that it motivated into sketching more. I still wish I could sit down and do it more but I'm currently back learning myself bass and that's been taken up my concentration :D

Waterford tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Welcome!!

I hope the other loungers don't mind but for anyone lurking

On behalf of all the posting loungers, any lurkers please feel free to post, its great to see new faces around the place, don't be afraid to say hi

Bringing cake is advised, but not necessary! :D:D:D

Home and my knee is fairly sore - probably because I spent 40 minutes around Heatons, which in turn made me late to collect my medications, so its back to nurofen and paracetamol for the night! So happy I got the crutches, wouldn't be walking anywhere without them! Bloody brace is annoying though, have put on a pair of shorts and put them on the inside of it to stop it rubbing my inner leg. Also showing off my London 2012 shorts :D

214896.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Glad it all went well for you, Rebel Girl! Wishing your a speedy recovery. :) xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Hope Rebel and MCR are doing okay :)

I would say TGIF, but it doesn't count when you work weekends :(

Just found out my grandmother has also lost her job. I don't think this summer can get any worse, so I bought a Euro Millions ticket my next post shall be sent from Canada :cool:

Home and my knee is fairly sore - probably because I spent 40 minutes around Heatons, which in turn made me late to collect my medications, so its back to nurofen and paracetamol for the night! So happy I got the crutches, wouldn't be walking anywhere without them! Bloody brace is annoying though, have put on a pair of shorts and put them on the inside of it to stop it rubbing my inner leg

Sounds like an uncomfortable night ahead for you. At least you got some pain killers.

Larianne wrote: »
    2nd tag rugby match ever! Such good fun. Our team is crap as its our first time playing but I loved it (although didn't know what was going on half the time). Hurt my finger though. :(

Larianne do you play in Clontarf?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This is a strange request but is anyone here a regular reader of U magazine?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement