Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I have a sudden urge to go to my local butchers and see if they'll give me a cattle or sheep skull so I may sit it on my desk and draw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Just back from the Lorax with Jamie. Two of us humming away coming out of the movie. Great songs in it. We rented the muppets " cause that's what my dad always calls you, Ella". I'll muppet him!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Watching Chris and Wes on YouTube.. My God, a man that can dance is incredibly attractive. :o Unfortunately, bf has 2 left feet.. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

32 minutes to the Opening ceremony :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, thanks for the many welcomes! Still baking the cake :). I absolutely hate Friday nights for the tv, nothing on at all..

• Advertisement

Gonna have some smoked salmon and cheese on rye bread. Gonna try and be good for once. :)
    Does anyone know if FX Buckley's butchershop keeps animal skulls? I suppose I could always buy a pig's head but from what I've seen I think they just take the face off the pig... *ponders*
    Yeah, I'm weird. Shush.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

32 minutes to the Opening ceremony :D

Have wine, have crisps. Wonder will Liz paraglide in to launch the Games?!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Omg sheldon is in the muppets :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

NCONTHEMC wrote: »
    Have wine, have crisps. Wonder will Liz paraglide in to launch the Games?!:eek:

Now that would be interesting - have a headache and feeling tired, going to take something, and hope that it eases enough - really don't want to miss a second of this!

am i the only one who is not watching and does not care about the opening ceremony

*echo*

*echo*

i guess so ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Nah I don't care about the opening ceremony either... Been doing absolutely nothing all day, so bored now. I have to find a film to watch or something! First weekend sans boyfriend in over 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

The ceremony is pretty boring so far. I see what they're going for but...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'll probably just watch the highlights of it. Loved the Beijing opening ceremony, but don't think this one will be as good. I'm sure my lit review is much more riveting :p

I have just 2 weekends left, then my first weekend with my boyfriend in over 7 months :D

McChubbin wrote: »
    Gonna have some smoked salmon and cheese on rye bread. Gonna try and be good for once. :)
    Does anyone know if FX Buckley's butchershop keeps animal skulls? I suppose I could always buy a pig's head but from what I've seen I think they just take the face off the pig... *ponders*
    Yeah, I'm weird. Shush.:P

Hike up the mountains my dear! We have a large collection of goat/sheep skulls at home!

I'm having carrots and hummus NOM. Healthy food is tasty, just my body always craves the bad stuff!

Hike up the mountains my dear! We have a large collection of goat/sheep skulls at home!
    Oooh, do you have any mountain goat skulls? I've got a large bare (save for wallpaper) patch of wall over my bed that could do with a nice ornament. A goat skull would go lovely with my Native American dream catcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that was some opening ceremony for he Olympics

McChubbin wrote: »
    Oooh, do you have any mountain goat skulls? I've got a large bare (save for wallpaper) patch of wall over my bed that could do with a nice ornament. A goat skull would go lovely with my Native American dream catcher.

I'm no expert on what the skulls are! My dad is big into mountain climbing so when I was young and every time he would go away for the weekend I would say, bring me back a present. Sure the only options were a rock or a skull unless he was gone foreign, then it was some kind on stuffed animal in lederhosen!

krudler wrote: »
    that was some opening ceremony for he Olympics

Want Liz to paraglide in to stadium, otherwise I won't be impressed!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

NCONTHEMC wrote: »
    Want Liz to paraglide in to stadium, otherwise I won't be impressed!:P

Hah, thought the Bond and Queen stuff was excellent!

• Advertisement

Daniel Craig!

I'm no expert on what the skulls are! My dad is big into mountain climbing so when I was young and every time he would go away for the weekend I would say, bring me back a present. Sure the only options were a rock or a skull unless he was gone foreign, then it was some kind on stuffed animal in lederhosen!

I enjoy taxidermy, though not as a hobby. I like the shapes and angles of skulls and the different textures along with the differences in light and shadow. Closest I ever got to sketching an actual skull was back in my old life drawing classes- we had to draw from a fake model of a young human adolescent.
    I might go into the butchers one of these days and pick up a pig's head and go about removing the flesh like the person in the walkthrough did. Don't understand how anyone can eat one, though. It looks rank as all hell. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I do wonder if the Queen finds it weird that a whole nation sings a song about you, at you. Kinda like that uncomfortable moment when your friends sing Happy Birthday.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hah, thought the Bond and Queen stuff was excellent!

Still think she could have paraglided in. Pah. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I also dont care about olympics ceremony

watching Ella Enchanted

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Look at all the Mary Poppins's!!! :D

Look what I made earlier.. :)

choc mousse.jpg

the GOSH and Mary Poppins stuff was very cool, this is really impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Look at all the Mary Poppins's!!! :D