Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Is this the knitting blog? What's the link?

It's in my sig but just in case you have sigs turned off - click here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

i genuinely can't wait to get a job! i really cant!!

I'll have a fair idea on Monday whether or not I have any chance of being offered a place on the H Dip I've applied for. If results aren't, like, amazing, I'll be joining you in the search :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I'll have a fair idea on Monday whether or not I have any chance of being offered a place on the H Dip I've applied for. If results aren't, like, amazing, I'll be joining you in the search :(

i didnt apply for anything at all for next year!

I dont think i can afford it anyway :(

so hopefully ill find a job to keep my occupied for a year!!

I just realised im getting my results on wednsday!! shítballs

Kiera wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets spicy wings here I come :D

i love their chips!! nom nom nom i want to go there now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Its lashing :( I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing with my exam mitigation stuff, I've been ostriching for weeks now and need to get my ass in gear but its just horrible.. *sigh*

Results aren't even for another two and a half weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm back from Kinsale. Got a snog down there! Have a date tonight! Supposed to be going away again this weekend tomorrow!

On the boo side of the equation, though - I'm absolutely smashed and beyond wrecked. I may give Leitrim a miss this weekend and just hibernate instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm pretty annoyed. Suppose to have a packaged delivered today to my work. Which is open 24hrs. The tracking says 'NO ACCESS' so I rang them up and she said 'yeh he said you guys were closed'. They are based 2 or 3 buildings away from us. I asked her to think about that for a minute and she said 'Yeh that isn't logical'. Said she'd ring the driver and see what the craic is.

I want my dress!!!

okay i deleted but will put back up: does anyone want a 2 hour falconry voucher for rathwood? it expires after the 24th june. won't get to use it but don't want to see it go to waste
    for free, obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Must. Stop. Staring. At. Phone. Waiting. For. Him. To. Text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

bluewolf wrote: »
    okay i deleted but will put back up: does anyone want a 2 hour falconry voucher for rathwood? it expires after the 24th june. won't get to use it but don't want to see it go to waste
    for free, obviously :)

If you want to do it I’d give them a ring and ask if they’d honour it at a later time. I did that with a spa voucher before and they extended it for an extra 6 months. Worth a try if you really want to do it.

• Advertisement

If you want to do it I’d give them a ring and ask if they’d honour it at a later time. I did that with a spa voucher before and they extended it for an extra 6 months. Worth a try if you really want to do it.

I'm not sure I'm mad pushed about it at this stage but I might try that :)

edit: they're extending it in july, they said it happened to so many people they're putting on extra dates. still not sure but it'll be more useful for someone else if i do give it! :)

good call kiera

it's actually for two people

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I've been sleeping like a log but still waking up and going to bed exhausted
    Sames! Haven’t felt anyway rested any morning this week :mad:
    is there something in the air or water supply with everyone's weird dreams
    I’m so relieved to hear others have been having mental dreams. The other night I dreamt about my office, and this awful panic-inducing situation where the boss cleared away all the files and bundles of papers from the desks :eek: And the thing that freaked me the most was not that I dreamt of work, but that I couldn’t imagine working from an entirely clear desk!
    My desk is tidy. It’s just cluttered :cool:
    Larianne wrote: »
    I was in Tesco yesterday and the girl at the checkout beside me got asked for ID. She got very aggitated saying "I'm 29, you don't need to ID anyone over 25." etc. etc. I nearly turned to her saying I wouldn't mind being ID'd at 29!! But I could see she was not impressed so I left it. :pac:
    I think I'd love to be ID'd. I'd say it's only happened to me half a dozen times, max. I guess I must look oldie! :cool:
    I was asked if I wanted to buy a student bus ticket earlier this year. I was so surprised and chuffed! Young lad in the shop commented on how smiley I was after I recovered from the shock :D

mine is untidy and cluttered :pac:
    i couldn't imagine having an empty desk :pac:
    and under the desk are many bags of files...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I think I should win an award for weirdest lunch ever, bran flakes followed by crab claws :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yay, by waiting one day to book them my flights for August bank holiday weekend dropped by €40 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Yay, by waiting one day to book them my flights for August bank holiday weekend dropped by €40 :D

Nice!!! Where are you off to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I haz cold feet :(

But, I haz spaghetti bolognese for dinner :)

And I haz a handsome boyfriend here with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nice!!! Where are you off to?

London calling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

How the hell is it 3pm already?! :O
    I should start thinking about getting dinner ready...

Cvs, job applications and references are annoying me. :( think I'm getting my results soon too...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

cdaly_ wrote: »
    This is the wax smoke you're talking about? Wet your finger and touch the wick after blowing out. That'll cool it enough so the smell stops.
    Wetting the wick worked :)

*bows*... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I can't believe how much rain has fallen in the last two hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's 3.30pm already! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

so hopefully ill find a job to keep my occupied for a year!!

I said that - I got a job, and I'm still occupied two years later, and I changed jobs. You will find it so difficult to go back to education if you get any taste of money.. If I had my time over I'd go straight into Post Grad!

Just my two cents. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just had a delicious lunch of Susie Q's burgers and some spicy wedges, nom!

Have to go out in the rain now though :(

Just had a delicious lunch of Susie Q's burgers

I'm tempted to ask if the baps went with them

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Just ordered this off Qwertee :)

productimage-picture-food-for-gold-9220_800x_.jpg

Happy Links234 is happy :)

coco_lola wrote: »
    I said that - I got a job, and I'm still occupied two years later, and I changed jobs. You will find it so difficult to go back to education if you get any taste of money.. If I had my time over I'd go straight into Post Grad!

Just my two cents. :)

my only problem is that i need a job to help fund the post grad! :(

oh belleh why must you hurt me sometimes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I got my package. Hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Cleared out my wardrobe and yesterday I sent about 50% of my clothes down to Oxfam... only this morning to realise there are more clothes in the top of the wardrobe as well. Jaysus! Lots of stuff up there from my dreadlocked hippie days so not sure what kind of ridiculousness I will find, I think this will be funny :D

We should have a tLL clothes swap day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I have finally finally worked out how to post a picture
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement