Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Anyone know why I can't see sigs? I have the option selected, but it wont let me see them! Is it something to do with how many posts I have or something? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

awec wrote: »
    It's harsh, but McCartney should have packed it in years ago. He's lost it.

Not doing that justice at all.

Either way though: nananananananana hey jude (judy judy judy judy) :D
    He was class at the jubilee. Crap tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

That was just incredible!

Was in London yesterday for the concert in Hyde Park, atmosphere was unreal when the torch came in. Absolutely fantastic to be a part of!

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Anyone know why I can't see sigs? I have the option selected, but it wont let me see them! Is it something to do with how many posts I have or something? :(
    It's punishment for being the needy one of the lounge :p

/haven't a clue.

• Advertisement

All of a sudden I can see sigs...

The same thing happened when I couldnt thank posts... I posted that I was sad I couldnt thank things until I got my 25 posts..then I could suddenly thank posts..

ITS THE MOD GODS

• Registered Users Posts: 31,908 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah it's the number of posts that dictate whether you have thanks and see sigs.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yeah it's the number of posts that dictate whether you have thanks and see sigs.

Hmm.. Something is not making sense here then :p

There's gonna be one serious gas bill.

• Advertisement

Hope Cav does the business tomorrow in the cycling. :D

(Ok, ok, I may actually be caring a bit after all).

Yay, I knew you would :)

GK46E.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Night y'all.

Looking forward to watchin' some Olympics tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's bedtime for me. Night Loungers. :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

The women competing for Saudi Arabia still had to walk behind the men, but it's a start.

Also, as far as I'm aware, while there are two women competing for Saudi Arabia, if it were held in SA they'd be banned from competing. Or being in the stadium to watch. So for all intents and purposes, it's for show.

That's so sad, hopefully it's a start though and by the 2016 games it'll have improved again.

Only saw the last bit of the ceremony, after TeamGB came in, but it was amazing...gonna watch it from the start tomorrow I think, I was silly and had a nap and didn't wake up in time for the start of it!:o Can't wait for the athletics to start.

If ye watch the cycling tomorrow you'll see legs like this:

cycling-369988631.jpg

:pac:

Ladies, please. Contain your orgasms.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ella Bella wrote: »
    There's gonna be one serious gas bill.

I don't get that about the torch 'relay' these days. It was clearly not ignited by the torch...

At least in Barcelona in 1992, it appeared like the flaming arrow hit the bowl or Ali in 1996..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Angelwings4

Thats not normal, if you got caught between them you would never be the same :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

How on earth they kept the lighting of the cauldron a secret is beyond me! Fantastic, absolutely ties in with "inspire a generation" theme London has going!

Delighted to see Katie Taylor with the Irish flag coming into the stadium, Paddy Barnes with his sign, but not so happy to see the front page of the Indo, coming tomorrow - allegations of betting problems in the Irish camp

Knee was okay during the opening ceremony - off the crutches already doing short walks :D:D:D Thanks for all the good wishes lads and ladies - has worked wonders! Probably will be cursing it tomorrow morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I loved it!! We left for the pub about 5 minutes after the athletes started entering the stadium and got back in time for the last 5 countries! Very well timed :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

If ye watch the cycling tomorrow you'll see legs like this:

cycling-369988631.jpg

:pac:

Thems a velodrome bikes - its the road race tomorrow :P

Three Irish competing in it, Nicholas Roche is the most prominant! Must head to bed, so I'll be up for these! Kieran Behan on around 10am ish as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Great. No sleep tonight for me. I got into bed nearly 2 hours ago at this point.

Bit peed off. Bf is out tonight apparently. Thought he'd text at the usual time but I had to say I was going to bed before I got a text but that was just to say he was in the pub. Asked him to let me know when he got home. Surely he's home at 4am?? I know I'm probably letting stupid things get to me and it's my fault.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I hope you managed to get some sleep in the end?

The Olympic volunteers are so friendly, it's really weird for London!

Woke up just now with a fright thinking its Friday and I slept through my alarm.

It's SATURDAY, back to sleep for me :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

The olympic ceremony was class - really enjoyed it and I don't normally care for them! I laughed to see Daniel Barenboim tagging on the end of the Olympic flag though :P I loved the Mr Bean bit in Chariots of Fire, and the queen entering with Bond, and the lighting of the torch (stunning!).

Couldn't help but notice the queen looked like she couldn't give the smallest of fucks though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Great. No sleep tonight for me. I got into bed nearly 2 hours ago at this point.

Bit peed off. Bf is out tonight apparently. Thought he'd text at the usual time but I had to say I was going to bed before I got a text but that was just to say he was in the pub. Asked him to let me know when he got home. Surely he's home at 4am?? I know I'm probably letting stupid things get to me and it's my fault.

Why would you do yourself out of sleep just because he hadn't text you, 4am isn't that late, maybe he was at a friends etc?

Can someone let me know when all the Olympics talk is done in here kthxbai!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Acoshla wrote: »

Can someone let me know when all the Olympics talk is done in here kthxbai!

Yeah, I'm with you. Down with all that. I'm going to watch the boxing, but thats all. I'm not really interested in the rest of it.

It's been an entire week since I had my operation, a week in a cast. There's an airshow at the local parachute club tomorrow, and its kind of tradition that me and my dad go together. I'm quite tempted to have my dad bring me tomorrow, purely because I need to get out of the house, but having my leg down for any period of time hurts and makes my toes blue, and one would wonder how I plan on getting across grass on crutches, but sure. Minor detail I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Bit grouchy recently- was seeing a boy from work for the last month but he's been really elusive due to taking on loads of extra shifts, so I haven't actually seen him outside of work in ages and I don't want to seem like I'm nagging him to meet up. Only reason it's bothering me is cos I'm moving in a month and I don't have all that much time left to see him. I know it's only a casual thing but still, it was fun!

He rang me this morning from work, which was nice, but then went off on some tangent about all the (vast number) of women he's slept with!!! Why?! I know that already, yes it was a funny conversation but it's not really something you elaborate on with someone you're sleeping with.

• Advertisement

it is WAY too easy to keep clicking "buy" on these kindle books and put them on my ipod
    :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement