Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Morning everyone :)

I'm going to be super lazy today and stay in my jammies read and write :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

WinterSong wrote: »
    Morning everyone :)

I'm going to be super lazy today and stay in my jammies read and write :)

I'm working in my pj's and watching Corrie :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Only home about an hour, went to last minute house party and had a great time :) Continuing on today in Waterford, should be even better :D

also in pjs reading bold books

then later need to try write my story and study

I need to write emails, does that count as writing stories in my pj's too? :pac:

Had a great night last night, impromptu bbq and beers by an outdoor fire with friends. Considering I said I wasn't going anywhere to save money this week I've now done a table quiz and beers, bbq and beers, another bbq invite today, and back to last night's friend's place for another bbq tomorrow, wtf?? Came home early and sober last night because I'd to be up to work, such a good girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I didn't do myself out of sleep. I actually couldn't sleep. He got home at 6am anyway.

I think my eye condition is flaring up and my friend is mad at me and I don't know what I've done. :(

Laois better win today to cheer me up. I'm going to the match with my brother and knowing my luck the sh*t will be kicked out of them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So update for y'all: finally got out of hospital at 10 to 5 at which point I jumped straight on the Luas and went into work so that I could show everyone that I'm still alive / make my goodbyes!

I have been officially diagnosed with epilepsy. Not the greatest thing ever but seeing as I had a fear that the words "brain surgery" were to be used I can handle that! It's just something that I'll have to watch and be aware of. I will have medication as well so it should be controlled.

I'm home now and have had a big sleep and am ready to get on with things now! :-)

Thanks for the concern all!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Must be a relief to have an answer MCR. Hope you're okay. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Congrats on getting your answers so soon, MCR. Epilepsy is very manageable for the vast majority of people. Once you get your meds sorted (it may take a while to find one that works for you, as it's trial and error really) you'll probably forget you even have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Brainwave are said to be great for support as well, should you need it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

That is great that you have been diagnosed MCR, glad to hear you are feeling better! :) x

I keep thinking its later than it is! I woke up early and went for a walk covered a little over 10km in an hour! :)

So glad you finally know what's been going on MCR, that makes anything easier to deal with xx

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Brainwave are said to be great for support as well, should you need it :)

Yea they've been recommended to me so I'm planning on looking them up today. Thanks :-)

The only bad thing about all of this (well apart from having to have it) is that I have to cancel my interrailing trip so I'm a little gutted about that. Otherwise in fine with it though! Nothing I can't handle and I'm happy to have an answer

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Couldn't get to sleep until about 3am last night - didn't have a great night sleep with the brace on, brace off now a while, icing my knee and following all the Olympics!

Great news that you were diagnosed MCR - brainwave are excellent - gonna ask bro about any other ones he might had gotten onto as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Couldn't get to sleep until about 3am last night - didn't have a great night sleep with the brace on, brace off now a while, icing my knee and following all the Olympics!
    Are you not allowed take it off while in bed?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Glad you're out of hospital, MCR!

One of my friends was having several daily seizures before eventually being diagnosed as epileptic. Then she was put on meds that gave her more seizures. Then meds that totally zoned her out. Then *bingo* the perfect combination of meds... she was on them a few years, then weaned off them over the space of a couple of years. Now she's been off the meds about 3 years and is over 5 years seizure free. Her diagnosis was the start of her getting in control and getting her life back. I hope everything goes well for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Whats that song thats out at the minute, its got rap in it, but the guy sounds like he's from inner city dublin? Its driving me MAD!

Edit: Its The Original Rudeboys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaMTfJMmeuc

love it x a lot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Just back from the Lorax with Jamie. Two of us humming away coming out of the movie. Great songs in it. We rented the muppets " cause that's what my dad always calls you, Ella". I'll muppet him!!! :p
    Aww!!
    FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I made a list, there were 7 countries I'd never heard of:
    Benin, Comoros, Kiribati, People's Republic of Lao, Nauru, Tuvalu, Vualu.

*gets to googling*

I thank Pointless for my knowledge of obscure sovereign states. Also Tuvalu was the Internet domain thingy .tv is from Tuvalu.
    awec wrote: »
    It's harsh, but McCartney should have packed it in years ago. He's lost it.

Not doing that justice at all.

Either way though: nananananananana hey jude (judy judy judy judy) :D
    Oi, shuddit!

I've been avoiding opening ceremony spoilers so just skimmed the thread. Sitting down to watch now.

I have a page done, can I've a cookie now?
    I just read 2 american books last night and this morning, i'm going to have to be careful on this :pac:

MCR grats, must be a relief to finally have a label on it and something you can grasp onto instead of strange happenings
    hugs

pain about the cast rebel, never had one *touches wood* (rrrrr), must be a nightmare
    it'll be gone before you know it

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

In my jim jams, reading Hunger Games, Olympics in the background :D

I started the second book of it three weeks ago still on the second chapter :pac:

The first book is so good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I started the second book of it three weeks ago still on the second chapter :pac:

The first book is so good though!

I'm halfway through the second book!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Are you not allowed take it off while in bed?

Nope, can't because I can't have my knee bent any more than 90 degrees for 6 weeks, or I could damage the repair that was done. I end up sleeping curled up in a ball with my legs tucked under me, so can't take it off :(

had a fantastic blog written about the opening ceremony, had just finished it but lost it all when chrome crashed :(

this is so not going to fit 3000 words o.O

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    I'm halfway through the second book!

I will eventually finish reading it :pac:

Dummy here wondering why I was getting no email notifications from boards.ie or twitter - had wrong hotmail account open :rolleyes:

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

WEEKEND IS HERE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Das Kitty wrote: »

I thank Pointless for my knowledge of obscure sovereign states. Also Tuvalu was the Internet domain thingy .tv is from Tuvalu.

Same! And the Sporcle countries of the world quiz! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement