Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

In Tullamore now waiting for the match at 3.30. The weather is good which is a plus. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ive been going app crazy lately and ive downloaded loads!!

Not all games though :)

But i am playing this game where you are a pumpkin with a slingshot and you have to kill the zombie birds trying to kidnap your pumpkin babies...i suck and my pumpkin babies keep being taken away from me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Getting my hair done then off sharking at the malahide festival :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

MCR I'm glad you've got a diagnosis :) My cousin has epilepsy and he's doing just fine, you'll be absolutely grand!... You'll be like the lawyer from My Sister's Keeper :D

I really enjoyed the Olympic ceremony, the history nerd in me was so excited! The kids literature segment was brilliant too. Everyone looked so happy to be there, it was fantastic to watch a little bit of history :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

MCR- Glad you're home and finally know what's going on x

Ah yeah- I finished the second book yesterday sitting in the sun (which explains my burnt shoulder). Onto book 3. I'm really enjoying them :)

Went out for a veeery boozy night with my sisters and mom last night, then came home in time to see the end of the olympics :)
    Love having loads on tv now, Nevil did brilliant today at the boxing. Going to go see Adam's fight tomorrow on Bray seafront :D I love the Olympics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I need to shower and get ready to go out, I dont wanna.. Why can't I be Sabrina the Teenage Witch?! ping and I'm ready.

First world problems.

Wahey, winning by 7 points! :D

its that time of the month ladies......i got the text from meteor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Going to a concert in a cave tonight, should be awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Great. No sleep tonight for me. I got into bed nearly 2 hours ago at this point.

Bit peed off. Bf is out tonight apparently. Thought he'd text at the usual time but I had to say I was going to bed before I got a text but that was just to say he was in the pub. Asked him to let me know when he got home. Surely he's home at 4am?? I know I'm probably letting stupid things get to me and it's my fault.

In fairness, he's a grown man. If he wants to stay out all night then fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I had my recurring dream of shopping in Penneys last night. I miss it. Trying to send my boyfriend there to get me some presents before he comes over. Flip flops and socks and lounging shorts. You just can't get the same value for these things anywhere.

I remember I was in the mahoosive Primark in Manchester last year, and there were sooo many African and Middle-Eastern people buying literally suitcase loads of clothes, which I thought was mad. I understand now I don't have one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

had a fantastic blog written about the opening ceremony, had just finished it but lost it all when chrome crashed :(
    Wordpress autosaves your posts as you're writing, check your draft folder.

Off to Edinburgh for a month tonight to work at the Fringe! Not looking forward to my nasty early flight though.

Never said he wasn't entitled to it. A good night text would have been nice but I've been told that's obviously too much to expect.

I'm a proud Laois woman today, they played very well! Croker here we come! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Just checking in from holliers! Ardeche holidays finish tomorrow and then 4 days at home and then BACK TO IRELAND for two weeks, yippee! Pancake will see his grandparents for the first time, cannot wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Hope you have a blast in Edinburgh, Foux! :D

I'm making a list of things I need to get for Paris, it's turning out to be a bit longer than I anticipated. I'll have to break it into categories according to the degree of necessity. Sad though it may be, I LOVE making lists! It's second only to buying stationery when it comes to silly thrills. My friend was joking that the highlight of my first week in France will be when I go shopping for notebooks, pens and folders and I think she's more right than I liked to admit. :o

WinterSong wrote: »

I'm making a list of things I need to get for Paris, it's turning out to be a bit longer than I anticipated. I'll have to break it into categories according to the degree of necessity. Sad though it may be, I LOVE making lists! It's second only to buying stationery when it comes to silly thrills. My friend was joking that the highlight of my first week in France will be when I go shopping for notebooks, pens and folders and I think she's more right than I liked to admit. :o

TOP ERASMUS TIP!!

Bring a dictionary

Bring your own notepads....its very expensive and hard to find the normal lined notebooks we have, they have the notebooks like graph paper or maths copy!!

WinterSong wrote: »

Place I used to work, I was supervisor of stationary for a while. I was in charge or ordering :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Place I used to work, I was supervisor of stationary for a while. I was in charge or ordering :cool:

SO JEALOUS. :mad: :p

That would be my dream job....or testing pens!! :o :pac:

It took a lot of self control when the reps would try to pawn off all these mad rubbers and toppers and folders on you! I did get in a lot of cool stuff though!

This is my first summer not there in 7 years! The manager e-mailed me to say they can't cope without me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Wordpress autosaves your posts as you're writing, check your draft folder.

Off to Edinburgh for a month tonight to work at the Fringe! Not looking forward to my nasty early flight though.

I thought so, but it didn't save this one - taking to writing the longer posts in word and then transferring them over!

I'm bored outta my tree, waiting for brother to get home with my medication

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Someone needs to motivate me off my couch to actually go for a run... feeling very lazy and enjoying having a ton of sport on d'telly...

Someone needs to motivate me off my couch to actually go for a run... feeling very lazy and enjoying having a ton of sport on d'telly...

i can do the "im not angry im disappointed" guilt trip if that helps

Go.....or the kitty gets it!!!!

kitty_gun.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

My sleeping continues to be a bit awful. I went to bed at maybe 2.30am. I didn't get to sleep until it was quite bright outside and I felt unwell all that time in bed. I woke up about 2pm and felt wonderful though. I've made arrangements to meet a friend for quiet pints, just the two of us in the local relaxing (will be good after a hectic night bbq'ing and clubbing last night.)

I'm really excited though because I'm planning on cooking something that looks really tasty tomorrow. And I'll see if I can get a few people up to the house for dinner. African Chicken Peanut Stew http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/african_chicken_peanut_stew/

I love peanuts, and I love stews and curries and that. Anything where the food is saucy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Anything where the food is saucy :P
    Yes! Exactly! I see people eating pasta without a sauce and I'm just like "what kind of witchcraft is this?!"

MCR, I forgot to say, I'm sorry about your diagnosis. It's brilliant you know what's wrong now, just a pity you won't be able to take that holiday. I can second Brainwave as being brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Sort of date night tonight. :D

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

I'm very jealous, enjoy!
    I'm a proud Laois woman today, they played very well! Croker here we come! :D

That feckin' match is one of the reasons why work was hell for me today :mad::P

These men kept chatting me up at work, I was mortified, although highly amused. Apparently I'm a sexpot :o:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Ilyana wrote: »
    I'm very jealous, enjoy!

That feckin' match is one of the reasons why work was hell for me today :mad::P

These men kept chatting me up at work, I was mortified, although highly amused. Apparently I'm a sexpot :o:rolleyes:

well you do kind of look like kate middleton in the picture thread, with your mom! ;)

• Advertisement

Polloloca wrote: »
    well you do kind of look like kate middleton in the picture thread, with your mom! ;)

Aw thanks! That's like the best compliment ever!

And on as slightly related note - Ryan Lochte, you absolute babe ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement